Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
I have questions about the Brotherhood movie.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:09 am
Would somebody please explain why Mustang, Hawkeye and Winry were in the movie?

I mean, they added nothing to the story other than exposition for people who haven't seen the show yet.

Yeah, Winry tells Ed which part of his arm was broken, but she doesn't fix him... I mean, if the older engineer had died and Winry had to be there to use his tools to fix Ed, that would have given her a solid purpose... But there's no reason he couldn't have gone to the older man himself and gotten fixed.

I get that they're all crow-barred into the story to please fans, but at least Armstrong knows how brief a gratuitous cameo is supposed to be...

And Mustang and Hawkeye at least DID something... They arrested a guy... But that's it! I mean, you could have thrown ANY character into the movie, as long as there were a believable excuse for it. You could say that Izumi Curtis entered the story to see how her students were doing, but she still wouldn't have had a purpose for being there. You could have thrown ANY of the homunculi into the mix just because they're curious about a Philosopher's stone being made, and it still wouldn't have added anything important to the story. So why were Mustang and Hawkeye there?

Also, I didn't get this; Why does a Philosopher's Stone transmutation circle have to be filled with blood in order to work? I thought all you needed was the circle, and an adequate number of sacrifices standing on top of it.

And the valley people knew an odd amount about the Philosopher's stone, didn't they?

I have... So many more questions, but those are the big ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 pm
its been a while since i watched the movie!

but i think they might have done it for viewer ratings, some people get disappointed on if there are no other familiar characters to associate to question  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers