Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Life After Amity [Shun/Xiu] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:39 pm
Now that she was waiting for her freshly baked cakes to cool, Xiu had the time to relax and flip through her recipe binder. The binder was practically bursting with papers, and yet the baku still had more that she wanted to add. She just had too many ideas, and while she was sure that a good half of them wouldn't work out as she desired, there wasn't a good way to tell unless she actually made and sampled them.

...Or made someone else do it for her. Her lips twitched when she recalled the time she abruptly called Shun to ask him to taste-taste cakes for her, a task that the reaper had patiently accepted. In the end, she had used his opinions along with Gene's and her uncle's to form her half of the menu.

Since it was early yet and Gene was out doing a supply run, the baku had the cafe to herself right now. Deciding that the cakes had cooled enough, she slid her recipes off to the side and grabbed the piping bag she had prepared beforehand. Focused entirely on her task, she was inadvertently drowning out the sounds around her--including that of the bell that indicated whenever anyone entered the cafe.

Blade Kuroda
ouo!! <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 pm
The bell gave a light jingle as the door opened up. A shadow stood in the doorway; their features partially obscured from the lighting behind them. After taking a moment to look around inside, they stepped on in, revealing themselves to be a certain one-eyed Reaper. Shun had his hands in his pocket as he slowly stepped further into the cafeteria, taking note of where everything was.

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:36 pm
Xiu didn't hear the bell, but she did eventually make out the sound of footsteps. Ears perking a little, she immediately glanced up, grabbing a damp hand towel to wipe the icing off of her hands as she made her way out of the kitchen. Lips curved into her usual smile, she poked her head out around the doorway that led from main dining area to the kitchen.

"Good morning! Welcome to Shifting Bloss--aniki!"

The friendly politeness made way for excitement at the sight of the reaper. Depositing the hand towel on a table, she made her way forward and came to a stop in front of her brother. "I didn't expect to see you dropping in today! It's so good to see that you're well."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 pm
Once he spotted the Baku, Shun made his way over, nodding lightly to the demon.

"Xiu. It is good to see you as well. I had some extra time, so I figured I would see your business finally," he said before pausing, "So this is it? Is everything going well?"

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:47 pm
"This is it!" she nodded, gesturing towards their surroundings, "It's small, but that's what Gene and I were going for anyways. Something nice, comfortable, and close to the school so that the students can have a little sanctuary should they need it." And she was quite delighted that their business seemed to be doing pretty well too--that took a huge load off of her shoulders.

"Things have been good on my end! What about you? do you have time to sit and talk right now, or...?" Locking her fingers together behind her back, Xiu cast a quick glance towards the kitchen. She had just finished with that cake--and it was one that Shun had actually enjoyed if his tasting opinions were still accurate--so treating him to some while catching up sounded ideal.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:52 pm
"That is good to hear. But... if any thugs try to give your place trouble, let me know." he said sternly. Then, relaxing a bit, he nodded and made hiss way to a table in the cafe.

"I would not have dropped by if I did not, Xiu."

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 pm
Xiu had to stifle a small laugh, though she was unable to suppress her grin. Same ol' Shun, though it warmed her to know that he was just as dependable as ever. "I'll be sure to let you know if that happens! But don't worry too much," she smiled, her tail swishing back and forth, "I learned to fight from the best, after all."

Pleased to hear that he intended on sticking around for a bit, Xiu immediately whisked off to the kitchen to cut two slices of cake and to make a fresh brew of tea. Moving with practiced ease, she emerged not a minute later with a tray balanced on the palm of her hand, moving over to where the reaper sat and setting the cake and a cup down in front of him.

"So, aniki! What have you been up to lately? Probably something more exciting than cafe life?" She filled his cup before doing the same for herself, settling into the seat across from his.

Blade Kurodax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 pm
Once seated and settled, Shun eyed Xiu and nodded to her. He knew she could fight, but he still needed to look out for her when he can. And perhaps he could pull a few strings to make sure no trouble came. Maybe. Before he could say anything else, she had rushed off to the kitchen, leaving him sitting there, blinking as she vanished.

But she had soon returned with some food and drink. With a tilt of his head, he looked over the cake, then took the tea to take a sip.

"Thank you," he said quietly, "Exciting or dangerous. Your choice. I am still running a few...errands for my father. Other than that, I have picked up a few protoges in Amity to mentor."

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:23 pm
Xiu took a sip of her tea before smiling wryly at the reaper's words. "I like to use the word 'exciting' to quell my worry. I know you're capable--one of the most capable people I know--but I still can't help but be nervous to know if you're off doing dangerous things." Then again, that was just the life he had grown up with and lived.

"But tell me about these proteges!" Xiu smiled, leaning forward eagerly, "That sounds really neat, and I have no doubt that they're learning a lot from you!"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:43 pm
"I am hardly a teacher, Xiu. I have two of them, though. Lock, a reaper. And Estel, a ghost. Both are second year students now," Shun quietly explained.

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:55 pm
"Maybe not, but I learned from you, didn't I?" she hummed, cutting off a small piece of cake with her fork, "Lock and Estel, huh? I don't think I've really met either, but maybe that will change one day." She would have liked to meet the two anyways, but whether or not the opportunity presented itself depended on the future.

"You weren't at prom this year!" Xiu piped up after taking a bite of the mild, bittersweet cake, "I mean, I know it's not really your thing and you were probably busy, but it was nice seeing some other alumni around this year--including even Mot, who I didn't realize was attending until we got called up for prom court." That had been a surprise.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:27 pm
"That would be nice. Lock is... or rather. He has a little bit of an attitude. Estel, I feel, you would get along with nicely," Shun stated before tilting his head.

"Correct. I am an alumni. There was no reason for me to attend a school dance. ... Wait. You ended up as Prom court... again? "

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:35 am
Xiu laughed a little at the "attitude" bit, but she followed it up with a grin. "I'd like to meet him one day anyways! What is Estel like?" She was curious since Shun said that they'd probably get along, a prospect that admittedly excited the ghoul. Making new friends was always a nice thing to do, after all.

Coughing into her hands, the baku awkwardly ducked down a little when faced with the reaper's gaze. "Uh. Well, you know, this year they decided to have an Alumni King and Alumni Queen in the court too, so..." she trailed off, and then in an attempt to shift the subject a little, hastily added, "But yes! Alumni or not, it was still pretty fun I think. It was nice seeing some our old classmates around again."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:47 am
"A nice girl. Optimistic. Strong willed," Shun replied. He took a sip of his tea, then paused as Xiu explained a bit regarding Prom. Well that was... odd, yet amusing that both Mot and Xiu would reclaim that title.

"You have gone up, then, Oyakatta-sama."

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:46 pm
"She definitely sounds like someone I'd like to meet," Xiu agreed upon hearing the short description, "Maybe one day, hm?" Hopefully, anyways!

However, the baku smile soon shifted, her cheeks puffing out a little at the familiar nickname. "Oh aniki, are you still calling me that?" she pouted, lightly brandishing her fork at him, "That was ages ago!"

Blade Kuroda

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces