[FIN] Let's Train [ Clancy & Lex] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:08 pm
Lex looked over his poke balls, making sure the markings were corrected for the Pokémon he had requested for the training battle. Glit was chosen since Clancy had a preference for water types and she could step in if things went wrong. Sunspot needed some training and had a type advantage and Lex thought that Clancy’s Pikachu could use a little more support. Maybe they could be bros.

Roulette was a Dragon type and well, she needed training. Same with Strongarm and Nautilator, his fossil pokes could use some practice and just meeting people. Yoketron was there because he was 'Tron.

//Soo, hey Clancy. Reserved us training room three. So show up and we’ll do some training. See yah in a bit, Lex. // He typed and sent it. He had few more days before they were going to let him go about without the wheelchair, but that wasn't going to slow him down from battling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:11 pm
"Oh, bloody 'ell..." Clancy muttered, reading the message he was sent.
Maybe he could just... not go? No, that would probably just lead to hassle later.

Like Lex, he was confined to a wheelchair for now, and that, at least, brought him some amusement when it wasn't a chore; maybe he could get Lex to race him...

With Mircalla, Clerval, Ditty... and now an assigned pokéball that he hadn't even bothered to open yet (why the bloody hell did they think he needed -another- bloomin' critter?), he had four to train...

He didn't bother replying to the message, sighing, and just making his way there.
If nothing else, he could see what his mystery pokéball contained; he already knew the thing's name, and -technically- he'd read the species next to the name, but he didn't recognize what it referenced.
Some stupid name like 'arsehole' or something... Just his luck that he'd been assigned an 'arsehole'...

"Right... I'm here!" He called, rolling up to the training room door, before even checking if Lex was inside yet.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:33 pm
Lex chuckled, looking at Clancy and gave a small wave. "Glad to see you, thought you might have ditched and then I would have to track you down." He shifted in his chair.

"So, shall we start by going over your team real quick?" Lex question wheeling himself towards Clancy. "Or did you want to start with something different?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:48 pm
"Eh. You're in a bloody chair, I'm in a bloody chair... Seemed prudent jus' to come join ya. We can race and, eh, whatever else we can do with bloomin' wheel chairs..."

The redhead pulled a face and pointed from ball to ball, all four of his clipped to his belt despite the chair.

"Biteyfish. Yella rat. Frogfish. Mystery prize."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm
"Wouldn't mind a wheelchair race. Could be fun." Lex mused, ignoring the soft rumbling sound of Yoketron's displeasure.

"Pffh, and no. No they aren't biteyfish, yella rat, frog fish, and mystery prize. If you aren't going to learn the species name at least give them a nickname you can remember so you sound like you are doing." Lex snorted, looking at Clancy. "Or did you forget partly what landed us in this mess?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:13 pm
"Aye! And this room's bloody big 'nuff for it, eh?" Clancy was far more enthused about the idea of a wheelchair race than the training... and he sighed when Lex pressed the issue of names.
Then groaned slightly, and tried again.

"Fine... Fine... Biteyfish. She's Mircalla; a Carvanha... Uh. Yella rat is Clerval. Picketchew or Picklechoose or some bloody stupid name like that," He pointed to the third ball with a frown of concentration "and this is Ditty. She's not a Mudkip. She's one o' them other things. Whopper. Or summat. I don't know what the bloody 'ell this un is cuz I didn't have it before..." He explained the reason behind 'mystery prize'.
"Ain't cracked that ball open yet..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 am
"Pikachu," Lex corrected lightly. "But, if it easier, just call him Clerval. If you refer him by his nickname instead of species, people are just going to think your relationship is close not that you don't know what you are doing."

"Wooper, but very close...and water ground types are nice. Immune to Electricity but Grass types tend to kill them pretty bad." Lex looked at the pokeball and nodded. "Well, guess we should start by opening that one up and seeing what your mystery prize is."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm
"Well that's 'is name, the bloody thing... Guess I could start callin' 'im that, but eh.. Feels weird, dun it? Talking to 'em with names like they're people 'oo talk back or summat? I mean, Mircalla; now she gets 'erself a name cuz she's a thing o' beauty... Ah! Yeah! Water and ground, that's 'er; I called 'er Ditty cuz she was whistlin' a tune back at me when I caught 'er... Bloody thing's weird as all 'ell but I figured the whole dual type thing might come in bloomin' useful one o' these days..."

Clancy frowned at the 'mystery' pokéball, then gave a shrug.

"S'pose I gotta learn what they went and bloody stuck me with at some point, may 's well be now..."

He pressed the button to bring out the ball's occupant, the red light diminishing to reveal a rather 'blue' Absol.

"Assignment detail said it was called an 'arse hole' or summat like. Bloody stupid name. Said it's nickname was 'Cobalt', though I guess I can bloody see why now. She's blue as the bloody sea..." Clancy remarked, eyeing the pokémon that had emerged with undisguised suspicion.

<> The Absol complained as it gave a stretch and then turned to regard Clancy and Lex, and their wheelchairs. <>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:44 pm
"Well, some people can talk to them now," Lex replied keeping himself calm because he was getting somewhere... if slow with Clancy. He listened and grinned slightly,, because Ditty sounded adorable. Highly Toxic but cute.

"Absol, not arse hole," Lex said and gave a slight amused noised. "And she thinks we are Cyborgs. Not such luck Cobalt, though I think Clancy here actually .. hmm you do like Engineering? Robotics? Stuff like that?" He was going by the fact Clancy was changing light bulbs and that wasn't actually informative.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:57 pm
"Eh. Some." Clancy grunted. He hadn't experienced being able to talk to anything himself, and he would almost be happy to pass off the whole thing as some extremely elaborate practical joke except that it was a whole wide phenomenon across the island apparently.

"Abseil." Clancy even butchered the name as he repeated it from hearing Lex say 'Absol'.
"Still a bloody stupid name..."

<< Says 'Clancy'...>> Cobalt muttered, as she watched Lex. So he could understand what she said... That was interesting. The man who was her trainer, apparently, was not so encouraging...

"I ain't no bloody cyborg! Eh. I'm more into mechanical systems. Robots got a lot o' bloody fiddly circuitry. I can fix you up a light circuit or mend y' toaster, but that's the extent o' my 'leccy skills. Now /plumbin'/... Aquatic engineerin'! That I can bloody do!"

Cobalt sighed.
<< Wonderful. I've been paired with a less eloquent Super Mario...>> Clearly not her first assigned partner, then, if she knew to reference such a game...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:05 pm
Lex watched them interact but ended up laughing cheerfully at the Absol's last comment. "She says you are a less eloquent Super Mario. Which is brilliant."

"But, this also prove a point. She is aware, has a personality,and remembers. Your Pokemon are intelligent Clancy. Your relationship with them will affect how they handle your commands. If you want a bad a**, you got to put in some effort in obtaining some knowledge of what is going to make up your team." Lex lectured, unable to help it.

"So pull out your dex and scan her. I think you might get a pleasant surprise about your new team mate."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:32 am
"You are telling me the bloody thing's intelligent cuz she just flamin' well insulted me... On the other 'and, I'm startin' to think 'Arsehole' was the right bloody name f'r her... 'Sides, all I 'ave 'bout her talkin' is your word."

Clancy grumbled, shaking his head, but pulled out his 'dex anyway, pointing it toward the dark type.

<< Charming. I'm beginning to wonder which of us that name suits more. So. You can understand me then? What's your name?>> She addressed Lex, with interest; there had been some buzz around the labs when she'd been taken for checkups before assignment about people being able to understand pokémon... It hadn't been that way the last time she'd had a trainer, she was sure...

Clancy scowled at what he read.
"Oh bloody flamin' 'ell! A /disaster/ pokémon! As if I didn't 'ave enough bad luck!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:32 am
Lex rolled his eye at Clancy and let him grumble, at least he was actually using his equipment. "What are her moves?" He asked, deciding that might be a good thing to focus on. Do the lightening thing was rather telling.

"I'm Lex. How are you Cobalt?" He asked, and gave a slight hum, thoughtful. Clancy had Water, Ground, Electric, and Dark Pokemon. So if he had a typing it wasn't any of them. "Would you mind if I brought out a few of my pokemon to see if we can figure out Clancy's typing?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:05 pm
"Says 'ere she 'as summat called 'Feint'... Quick Attack- I like that un..." Probably because it had a nice descriptive name that was quite hard even for Clancy to mess up "Summat called 'Pursuit. Eh. Oh! And Bite! Bloody good move, Mircalla's got 'Bite'!" So, apparently he knew at least one move that one of his pokémon had...

<< Oh, I am,>> The Absol gave a languid stretch << delighted to be out of that ball, but far less delighted that my new trainer seems to be a novice? I haven't been in service for a little while, but is he new? There used to be a trainee stage but I see a scruffy grunt uniform.>> She rolled her shoulders in a shrug. << It doesn't bother me though I'd quite like to meet the team I'll be working with too.>>

"Oi! Stop encouraging 'er! All this 'talkin' bloody nonsense..."

<< I like you better.>> Cobalt told Lex, flatly.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm
Lex chuckled, listening to the move list. "All physical moves." And perhaps he was a bit more relaxed hearing that Clancy at least knew one of his teams moves.

"I like me better to," Lex said cheerfully and drew out his first of the five balls and released his Serperior. "We'll get to the team that you will be meeting, just interested if we can figure out Clancy's typing at the moment."

"Glit, Clancy and Colbalt." He introduced.

The grass type tipped her head, smugness radiating from her coils and gave a crisp. <>

"Hear anything?" He asked, looking at Clancy.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff