[B] Reckless Abandonment [Hollyhock/Burning Bush]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hollyhock gently lowered her bottom to the top of a tree trunk she had cautiously felt out. She knew this feeling - knew because she had felt it before - but she hadn't considered that a few casual dalliances here and there while she traveled through the swamp might actually result in offspring. Only once had they ever, before, and that time she was quite certain the father had been her own mate. But this time was different - this time, there was no one to care for her. She was just one blind doe roaming the swamp alone. Hollyhock had spent most of her life feeling vulnerable and afraid, but she had never felt more vulnerable than she did in this moment. Anything could happen to her.

It would be such a relief to birth the kids and leave them somewhere. No one would know, and no one would force her to take them.

No, all she cared about right now was eating. She had to eat twice as much now as she ever did, and she couldn't hunt. The swollen doe sniffed at the plants growing around her and started pulling leaves off the tall, thin weeds.

Minsuil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The owlcat sat on a fallen log, watching with something close to amusement at the doe. It's tail languidly waved back and forth, back and forth. She must be blind, Burning Bush thought as she watched Hollyhock feel her way around.

Now, how did a blind doe get pregnant? A question for the ages.

The owlcat continued watching, waiting, wondering how long she would go unnoticed.

Tiarana

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm
Hollyhock sniffed deeply, looking for something more savory to nibble. A scent like smoke drifted in the air, but not a lot of it - perhaps some kin with a cooking fire. That was good. She could probably convince them to give her some food, and she could really use some meat. She followed the scent, calling out "hello, hello, is anyone there," as she walked, but to her surprise bumped into something...almost furry instead. Hollyhock walked in a circle around it, but that was definitely the source of the smell. "um...hello? What's this?" she finally asked.

Minsuil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 am
The doe stumbled into her and the owlcat let out a hiss of discontent. It did not appreciate being bumped around. To show its discontent it flicked its tail across the blind doe's nose, flames not quite hot enough to burn.

But there was limited fun in pushing a blind doe around. The owlcat walked a few feet away before shifting back to its other form. Burning Bush stood and said, "Guess what I am."

Tiarana
Burning Bush's flames don't smoke (as nothing's burning!) and she can control the temperature of the flames at will, so Hollyhock won't get burned.

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:13 pm
Hollyhock sneezed at the strange soft warmth that brushed against her nose as the creature passed her. "You speak, so clearly you are a kin," she said. "But I'm in no mood for guessing games."

Minsuil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:47 am
"And do you think only kin speak?" Everything spoke in its own way. The trick was learning to listen. Slightly bored, Burning Bush took one more look at the doe before she started walking away. "A shame you do not like games," she called over her shoulder, "for I am so fond of them."
Tiarana

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:00 pm
"Only kin can speak with words. But if I must guess, I imagine you aren't just some random kin. Perhaps," Hollyhock smiled crookedly, "one who was here for a purpose. I've met your kind before." She pulled at the leaves of another plant. "I'm not particularly interested in your services, but I suppose these babies are going to need all the help they can get in life. Certainly they won't be getting it from me."

Minsuil

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff