Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:42 pm
Clancy had sent Elite Claire a message.
He'd sent it on the advice, and with feedback and an proofread, from Grunt KO...
Unfortunately, Clancy hadn't exactly edited the message that Grunt KO had sent to /him/ before sending it on, and thus Elite Claire would receive:

'Hello Elite Claire, I would like to talk about how well I did on the Xerneas (aka Antlerzilla) mission, and I have to talk to you about the Absol I got too. Thanks, Grunt Eel'

He'd not understood the 'AKA' bit, and thus had left it in, word-for-word.

Now the grunt waited, but not apprehensively (Grunt Eel was sure he'd done perfectly awesomely on the mission) for a response and, specifically, a time and place.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:26 pm
Clancy wouldn't have to wait terribly long for a response, just a few minutes while Claire tried to match this almost perfectly clear message to Clancy's almost perpetually unclear speech patterns.

I'll be free at 11am if you'd like to meet me in my office at that time.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:31 pm
Clancy set an alarm for ten minutes before he was supposed to be there... which led to him arriving outside of Claire's office at roughly one minute -after- 11 am.

He was in uniform, with his whole team on his belt, and he had, luckily, not been diving into toilets or the sewage or waste water systems yet that day.
He immediately knocked on the door and waited for a response, rocking on his heels.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm
Claire immediately responded from within her office with a clear, "come in." If he tried the handle, Clancy would find the door unlocked and quite easy to push open.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:46 pm
Clancy raised his eyebrows; he'd assumed he'd have to be... buzzed in or something.

"Ello!" He grinned as he entered. "Here cuz, y'know, message said 'leven f'r the appointment."

He tried hard to keep from his usual littering of swear words, and, as he hadn't been asked to sit yet, had a good look around the office before looking back toward Claire.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:58 pm
At Clancy's words, the elite's eyes flitted to the lower right-hand corner of her monitor - where the computer displayed the current time - then back to Clancy. "Indeed," she murmured gently as she gestured to the pair of chairs in front of her desk, an unspoken invitation to sit. Her fingers laced together atop her desk. "Did you have any trouble clearing your schedule for this meeting?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:40 pm
Clancy watched the gesture, didn't seem to get it at first (did she want him to move some chairs? There /was/ one too many here for two people...) but then he realized, and it was probably visible from the change from slight puzzlement back to bright grin, that he was supposed to choose one to sit in.

He chose the chair on his right, and pulled it forward underneath him with the slight sound of its legs meeting the friction of the floor as he adjusted it.
Apparently satisfied, he placed his hands on his knees, seemed to consider the question, then shook his head.

"No ma'am! I got me some moppin' done, swabbed the decks if'n y' like, but ain't nothin' too bloomin' disastrous goin' on t'day. Ain't no long-eared pinkmatrons chuckin' flamin' curtains down the bog, thus me schedule was pretty well clear. E'en set an alarm f'r me to get down 'ere and all, I did!"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:25 pm
Claire blinked a few times in quick succession, her brows lifted and then furrowed, and she silently mouthed the word 'pinkmatron' before she frowned and closed her mouth.

"I see," she said instead. "Given one of the topics you wanted to discuss, I feel now is a good opportunity to suggest that next time you have a meeting with someone, especially one of higher rank, you make an effort to be a few minutes early. Trying to arrive right on time can and frequently does mean you will arrive late instead, as you did today. As you were only one minute late, I'm not going to be that upset about it, but other elites or executives may not be so forgiving about tardiness. Now then," she went on, leaving little room for arguing about his minor lateness, "you wanted to discuss your performance on the last mission?" She queried, one hand lifting palm up to gesture towards him to encourage him to specify what exactly he'd like to discuss about it.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:04 pm
Clancy looked at the ceiling, looking back when Claire began her suggestion on being early.
"Eh? Oh I beg y'r pardon, ma'am, I didn't realize I were bloomin' late... I came up 'ere soon as me 'larm went off... Guess I'm still a bit bloody slow, still healin' up and all..."
He'd taken a few painkillers for the meeting, and had chosen to to leave his stick behind, hoping to make a good impression with his 'quick recovery'. Honestly, he probably had played out being in the wheelchair too long, but he wasn't top form yet, still... he probably could have easily made it on time with an earlier alarm, healing or not. He hoped that fact he was would work in his favour.
"Sorry 'bout that..."
Despite her having moved on to the last mission already, he still chose to answer regarding the lateness before he actually wound his way onto the topic at hand.

"Aye! Well, I was talkin' with me mate, Grunt KO, y'know, the dead guy, 'cept he ain't so dead no more or wotever," He seemed entirely unconcerned about that "so 'e says he came and 'ad a natter with you, see... and then 'e said I oughta come talk to ya too, and get first 'and a report o' how bloomin' well I did on that mission... So, 'ere I am!" He smiled, and then his eyebrows rose as he remembered the other topic. "Oh! And I wanted t' talk to you 'bout me a**'ole too, but that's summat else..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:04 pm
She offered a nod at his explanation about his tardiness, but refrained from any further comments on it, instead choosing to focus on his reason for requesting a meeting in the first place. It seemed one Grunt KO - "the dead guy" indeed - would be the one to thank for this meeting. Claire's brows furrowed the more Clancy spoke - not because she was upset or anything, but because she had to try to translate everything he said - but his final comment drew a surprised expression and a visible start from the elite. "Your-- Concerns about various body parts of yours should be discussed with the medical staff," she said stiffly, not without a bit of anxiety in case he decided to expound upon that matter.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm
"Eh, wot? Why do people keep bloomin' tellin' me that..?" Clancy -actually- seemed confused. "Nah..." He reached for his belt "Me, uh... The new 'un. The 'airy thing." He produced a pokéball "Wotsit called... Assle... Abble.. Applesoul? Eh, it's a dark type. And she's a flamin' smartarse."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm
Her lips parted briefly as a wholly baffled expression crossed her face. It just as quickly smoothed back out into a calm professionalism, however, and she folded her hands over her lap as she leaned back in her chair a bit. "I won't spell it out for you. To clarify, you mean you'd like to discuss a pokemon of yours? An..." She paused, frowned a bit, then ventured, "Absol?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 pm
"That's the bugger!" He nodded, and placed the pokéball on the desk. "I 'ad three critters b'fore the... Deerkong mission, and then I got back and some bugger'd assigned this 'un to me. And she's a bloody smartarse. Does summat else to what I say, mouths off- I mean, I dunno wot she's sayin' 'less some bugger like that Lex lad's about, but I can bloody tell...- and she goes and flamin' jabs me with 'er 'orn sometimes! I dunno why; cuz she ain't gettin' 'er own way or summat..." He paused, furrowed his brow as though he'd forgotten and then suddenly remembered something, then sat back again. "Any'ow. I wanted to talk 'bout me asbo and 'ow well I did on the mission."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:29 pm
"Pokemon," Claire corrected with a frown, "Xerneas, and Absol. But yes, let's set that aside for now and talk about your performance on the mission. Since neither I nor Rook were present for a large portion of it - the time you all were in the caves - I can only offer but so much feedback. Namely, only on what I have myself witnessed. Since you spoke to Grunt KO about this and as I said the exact same thing to him, I assume he must have told you as much," the elite said, then leaned forward a bit to rest her arms over her desk again. "And I'll ask you the same thing I asked him: What is your opinion of your performance, and of the mission as a whole?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:39 am
"Well, I think we did a blindin' job! Shame 'bout ol' KO croakin', or wotever, but he's bloody up an' 'bout again after 'is vacation, so that un solved itself. 'Part from that we got, uh, Zerny-a**, so I reckon it went bloody well 'part from all them flamin' murderous critters chasin' us." He then seemed to consider his own performance and actually smiled confidently. "As f'r me. I reckon I did a'right. Bloody tough ol' mission but I kept m' mouth shut 'bout who we were unlike that bloody Snow bloke."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff