Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] Advertising (Dawson & Davyne) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:13 pm
She really had not expected this. Truly, all Davyne had wanted to do was to spend her day productively, spreading the word of DETH by handing out brochures to passing students on campus.

Truthfully she hadn't thought much of the hallway filled with fog where none used to be. One had to be accustomed to the more peculiar aspects of Amityville after a certain amount of time spent there, after all. So she'd entered the fog, intent on taking a shortcut to her next handout-spot.

That hadn't quite gone to plan. Had Davyne spent more time talking to her peers, she might have known what the somewhat derelict, wooden room she now found herself in represented, but alas, as it was, she was quite out of her depth.

One thing was clear; this was certainly no part of Amityville Academy she'd ever been in. And somewhat less clearly, she was also feeling an unusual amount of nervousness. As someone who'd led an easy life, heretofore free of any suffering (except that which was normal in puberty), this came as something of a surprise to her.

"Hm." Nothing much changed in her facial expression but the vague interest with which she was examining her surroundings.

medigel
: D <333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 pm
He hadn't gotten a shift in the Haunted House in a long while. More attention had shifted to reconstruction after their headquarters had been invaded, and truth be told he couldn't have been happier. The place freaked him out for more than one reason. But all good things had to come to an end, and once more Dawson found himself in the way too stereotypically spooky front yard of the mansion.

He gulped before entering and tucked his sharp-print cap tighter over his head.

It was bizarre how out of all three times he had been there, he'd never been in the same room twice. The alien construction of the place unnerved him almost more than the inhabitants that sometimes wandered it; a house was supposed to stay the same way you made it, damn it! Worse, he had to do this one on his own. Man, he was going to sound like a hypocrite afterwards, always going on about doing these things in pairs for safety...

When he saw a figure solidify in the distance, Dawson froze. "Who g-goes there?" he challenged in a voice one octave higher than usual.

Ephebe
/o/ <333

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:25 pm
Ah, creeple. Perhaps they could answer the question of how to get from here to the Creepateria. With intent, Davyne set off towards the voice.

"Ah, hello." She'd neglected to answer until the other person was well in sight. A boil, by the looks of it, although... perhaps a bit too old to be a student? She tilted her head slightly to the side. A graduate then, and a Reaper like herself.

But he'd asked a question. "I am Davyne, first year student." And then, after a moment of thought, "would you like a pamphlet?" She held out the DETH brochures, not even attempting to look inviting.

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 pm
Oh God damn it. He tried to contain his shivers as the thing (girl? ghoul, Syn corrected) approached.

"Uh."

He glanced at the pamphlet nervously and then back at her.

"Hi. U-Um."

This wasn't quite what he was expecting. Maybe a trick? Halloweeen was kinda tricksy by nature, right?

Dawson took the pamphlet hesitantly and hazarded another glance, blinking in confusion. "You, uh...spelled death wrong..."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 pm
"It's an acronym," she evenly explained. "DETH Scouts believe in non-violent scaring of humans - all creatures are equal and we must band together to ensure that harvesting FEAR is done sustainably and in a non-harmful way."

She was quite proud of cobbling that explanation together from the Handbook, actually. Brief, succinct and easily remembered; she'd already used it quite a few times today.

medigel
I couldn't find if DETH actually is an acronym, but Davyne believes it is!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:08 pm
"Oh." He blinked again and carefully opened the pamphlet up as if it were a ticking time bomb. Dawson didn't take the time to read anything, but...it looked legit?? Okay???

"Huh...I didn' know this sorta stuff existed," he admitted. "Thought ya'll was all about doin' whatever ta humans." This was a little bizarre. "How ya'll even do that?"

Ephebe
i believe it is! I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like Denizens for the Ethical Treatment of Humans or something like that

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:24 pm
How could he not have known about the existence of DETH? How curious - she'd thought it was Halloween-wide initiative.

"Doing whatever?" His turn of phrase had her a bit confused. "Or treating humans ethically?" Davyne clarified, in case he was as lost as she was. Was this not basic knowledge for all creatures of Halloween? Scaring humans to harvest FEAR was the very essence of their existence, and surely one even older than herself had at least some knowledge of the different ways one could go about it, even if only theoretically.

medigel
ohh ya, that sounds right! Thank you! : D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:40 pm
Oh...kay...Cautiously, Dawson grabbed the side of his coat and pulled it until most of the gold crescent moon design was displayed. "Uh, I'm a hunter," he explained slowly, on edge in case she turned hostile as they often did. "I don' really get memos on stuff like that. S'far s'I knew, ya'll went willy nilly inta the human population and scared the crap outta 'em, even kill 'em. I seen some stuff."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:05 pm
Davyne eyed the crest, blinked, eyed the boil and then blinked again. A hunter? Hunter of what? Certainly there were some that made their profession hunting things but what in Jack's name did that have to do with the current conversation? Perhaps he meant that as a hunter, much of his time was spent solitarily in the more rural areas of Halloween. That would explain his lack of knowledge of DETH.

"I see." She didn't. "Yes, that is... unfortunately so in the case of some. Creeple without any honour or thought for long term sustainability," the last bit was said with some vehemence, and a slight furrowing of the brow. Those kind of creeple were certainly not Davyne's favourite! "All creatures are equal and must be treated so. It's in the pamphlet," she motioned towards said object. "Hurting humans is supremely impractical and only amounts to hurting ourselves, besides. A happy and healthy human is the best source of longterm FEAR, even though a harmful harvest might reap more in the immediate. There is truly no reason why we should not be able to co-exist - were it not for those who have no sense." The vehemence had grown towards the end of her short speech; this was one of the subjects that the Sorceress felt quite strongly about. She shied from terming her feelings 'passionate' but indeed, some might see them as such.

medigel
you'll be hard-pressed to find someone more oblivious than Davyne when it comes to hunters, haha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 am
He nodded quietly, a strange mixture of surprise and approval and wait what. So...okay then...Apparently there was such a thing as Halloweeners not knowing about Hunters...Dawson glanced at an invisible camera as if expecting to get punked, then cleared his throat.

"Tha's a real good way t'go about it," he agreed. Even though hearing humans talked about like an animal or a plant was a little more than uncomfortable. "S'a shame there ain' more peaceful kinds like tha'. But, uh..."

Was it protocol to explain himself? Did he have to just attack and clear the space regardless of their stance? There wasn't any real pamphlet on that.

"The hunter thing, um. I'm not actually from Halloween?" That wasn't supposed to be a question. He tried to steel himself and look more professional. "I'ma human. Well, sorta human. They kinda keep tellin' us that we're not totally human no more with all this Fear stuff in our heads--" That was getting off topic. Dawson waved it away. "Anyway, uh, point is, tha' whole keepin' things nice n' calm bit? We're the human side of tha'. So, uh, s'kinda nice t'know y'all're tryna be conscious about it too."

Ephebe
XDDD whoops

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:30 am
What.

"What." It wasn't even a question, just a flat expression of disbelief. "But you look so... boil-y."

Davyne's mind was blown. Surely he was jesting, only... he didn't quite look it. He looked a fair bit more authoritative now than he had in the beginning, actually. "But how are you even here?" This was Halloween, right? Suddenly she didn't feel quite so sure, remembering the fog and considering their strange surroundings.

For the first time in a long while, the Sorceress felt lost. There were questions, but there were too many questions and the end result was simply an incredulous staring at this alleged human.

medigel
hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:53 pm
Oh dear.

Dawson blinked back, shocked that she was shocked. He recovered first and laughed nervously, wondering if that would somehow make her hostile. For both a security blanket and as evidence to what he was, he summoned his shield and showed it to her: a large thing with the snarling face of a chimera in the main space, viper fanged and lion maned and ram horned.

"See these?" He pointed to the orange glowing marks scrawled along the outer rim. "Those're runes. It's a special tech we got to make these weapons, n' the weapons make our Fear shield like ya'll got."

He paused awkwardly, waiting for the ghoul's reaction.

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:17 pm
More blinking was done when he summoned what looked an awful lot like a Reaper weapon, only with runes. It looked quite intimidating, if Davyne had been the sort to be intimidated by objects.

"I... see." She considered the shield for a long, ponderous moment, "are you certain? It looks rather like what a Reaper might wield, to me." She paused again, gathering her thoughts before continuing, "but if Fear is involved, that would make it rather alike to a Reaper weapon - despite not being one, if what you say is true." Or so she supposed; she really only had what he'd said to go on, for certainly none of her training as an Enchantress covered making Fear weapons for humans.

But how marvelous an idea! "Humans with Fear shields..." she murmured, more to herself. "I suppose that would make you far more hardy than a normal human, yes?" There was a small smile playing on her lips at the thought, "a fine way to circumvent the more violent of Halloween denizens, I am sure." Hardier humans would certainly mean less humans killed, which in her opinion, was quite a good thing.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:58 pm
"Yeah, I can see where that gets kinda confusin'," Dawson said with a small forced laugh, though at least she was still more confused than angry. Already a plus. "Promise I'm not a reaper, I don' got one of them skull pins. But yeah, that's how we manage. We gotta jump through some pretty shitty hoops t'get here, but s'worth i. The shield's how we can sit in Halloween fer a bit without, like, explodin' like a normal human would, but we got other ways a'circumnavigatin' that."

< Circumventing. >

"Sorry, circumventin'." Dawson tapped his head. "Our weapons can talk to us too, on top a'all that. Syn here jus' corrected my dumb a**, heh. S'like havin' telepathy, 'cept she sees n' knows everythin' I know. Lets us coordinate n' stuff."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:23 am
Davyne nodded, taking it all in. It sounded rather fascinating, if outlandish.

"Talk? Truly?" Her interest piqued, she once again considered his shield with a thoughtful gaze - making objects talk was not impossible, as such, but it tended towards repeating a set line rather than spontaneously offering corrections on their wielder's grammar. "You speak of it as though it's a person," she noted, finally connecting the dots to what had felt wrong with his way of mentioning the weapon.

medigel

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces