Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:39 pm
Shifts could be /long/ for a Grunt, especially a Grunt who was still actively taking painkillers and had blagged far too long of a time in a wheelchair, not allowing himself to recover -and- stay in proper shape...

Clancy was paying for that recently, and so on the end of his latest shift, he ended up crashing in his bed, driving his room mate out of the room with the volume of his snoring as he napped.

The snoring, unfortunately, drowned out his alarm, but toiletry needs awoke him just around five minutes after the alarm had chimed. Somehow he'd managed to shut it off without properly waking, but now he needed the toilet, and that did wake him.
He finished his business before he actually checked the time and realized he was going to be late to Aulus' training class...

Careening through the halls as he threw on the first clothes he could find- his uniform had been closest at hand, crumpled on the floor, still dirty from the shift before- he tripped and stumbled, rushing all the way to he designated room...

Which he then entered, stumbling through the door, without checking who, or even if, anyone was inside...

"Whoa, heh! *huff* I'm 'ere!"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:45 am
"Well well, look who it is."

Aulus turned to regard Clancy as did the some fifteen other Rockets in the room who were all in the middle of a warm up exercise. Unlike Clancy Aulus and the class were all dressed for exercise, and all barefoot. One final figure in the room was wearing a pink karate gi; it was small, blue, bald, but basically rather humanoid looking.

"We were getting worried that you might have been sucked into the plumbing system, Eel," Aulus continued dryly, folding his arms over his chest. "Is that what happened? Did you just barely escape the current and race to join us, or are you just late?"

Somewhere in the group of students somebody snickered.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm
"Eh? Naah I-" He trailed off and did a double take; that Rocket was... blue. What the?
"Is 'e alright? 'e's gone blue... Should I get a bloody medic?" He was looking warily at Rose, any pretense or excuse he was about to make about being late lost on his tongue by his sheer bafflement of the unfamiliar fighting type...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:25 pm
"Hu?" Aulus blinked, looked over his shoulder, and then the light dawned. He looked back at Clancy with his eyebrows raised. "That's Rose. He'd a Sawk. A pokemon. He's supposed to be blue."

Rose smiled and waved cheerfully. <>

"He says hi," Aulus translated, "and now that you're here, get your boots off. Uniform isn't ideal attire for this but it'll do, but I'm not having boots on my mats. Or socks. Come on, chop chop." Aulus clapped his hands together and just managed to avoid wincing as he did so; he hadn't thought about the gesture and, yes, metal hand meeting flesh hand kind of hurt.

Aulus turned back to the class. "So as I was telling some of you before the start, Clancy here is going to stab me today! Or he's going to try to stab me. After that you're going to take it in turns to try to stab one another so that you can practice disarming. Anyone who actually knows how to use a knife beyond 'stick em with the pointy bit' is excused a turn at being the stabber, we'll work up to dealing with somebody who's both armed and competent."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:43 pm
"That's a bloody critter?!" Clancy was decidedly weirded out by the notion. He -knew- there were 'human-shaped' pokémon around- they even had them in moving companies after all- but this was a brand new one to him; he didn't like it at all, and eyed Rose warily for quite a few moments. The cheeriness and the waving just made it all the creepier for him.

He shed his boots and socks, shoving them to the side of the room, but he didn't like taking his eyes off the- wait.

"But /'e/'s on y' mats..." Clancy thought he was being smart, gesturing at the 'Sock' pokémon.

Still, he did as he was told, and then took the opportunity to grin and raise a hand in a bit of a wave, as Aulus mentioned his name.
"Aye! Stabbin's for all!" And then, because Aulus was right there and he remembered to ask: "Didja think on me sledge'ammer idea?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 pm
"Pokemon," Aulus corrected with barely concealed contempt, "Pokemon, and yes he is but as you will note he also doesn't have shoes on. And I did consider your idea, but then I realised it was bollocks." Working with this idiot was going to be bloody hard work but somebody had to do it, right? Right.

"Right then," Aulus headed over to a bag set on one of the benches that stood against the wall and took a combat knife out of it. As he walked over to Clancy he spun the knife casually a few times, it was a pretty simple roll from middle finger to index finger to clasping in his hand, spinning over his palm, and repeating but he knew it looked pretty impressive.

"Here you go then," Aulus said with an over-friendly smile, coming to a halt in front of Clancy and spinning the knife one more time so that the hilt was pointing towards the grunt. "It's blunt, so you don't need to worry about hurting me."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:23 pm
"... Do them things actually ever wear shoes?" Clancy asked, genuinely curious; the thing /seemed/ to be wearing what he called 'karate pajamas'.

He frowned.
"Why was it bollocks? Didja even actually bloody consider it? It's a bloody good idea..." Well, he thought it was.
He took the knife, raising an eye at the rolling and such.
"Eh. Bloody fancy moves. Ain't nowt worth 'gainst gettin' stabbed..."

And then Clancy lunged, going in for a stab.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:48 pm
There wasn't really time to think about reacting, there never was in a real fight and so you trained up reflexes that meant you didn't need to think. As the lunge came towards him Aulus grabbed Clancy's wrist with both hands, twisted upwards, and forced the grunt down onto his knees.

"Shall I let go?" Aulus asked conversationally as he held Clancy's arm up at an uncomfortable angle. "We can try again if you want."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:54 pm
"OHBLOODY'ELLYABROKEMEARM!" Clancy yelped, losing the knife and flailing his other arm for a moment as he went down before realizing that... no. No, Aulus hadn't broken his arm.

"Er, yeah. I mean. I weren't ready 'r summat. Movin' too bloody slow. Let's go 'gain."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:01 pm
Aulus gave a snort of amusement, released Clancy, and moved backwards. For a big man he moved lightly, gracefully, and with all of his attention focused on the task at hand he didn't make so much as a gesture that was unnecessary. "Whenever you're ready Eel."

The assembled class watched the display with quiet interest except for one student who took the opportunity to head over to their bag, fetch out their 'dex, and apparently continue a conversation they'd been having by text before the session began.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:09 pm
Clancy got to his feet and rubbed at his arm for a moment, looking decidedly less confident now. He glanced down at the knife, glanced at Aulus, and then rubbed his arm again...

Before suddenly charging. And for some reason yelling "Aaaargh!" as though it would help him in his attack.
Well, they made noises in martial arts movies after all...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:13 pm
Really? Aulus raised his eyebrows but didn't otherwise move until Clancy was right on top of him, whereupon he threw the grunt over his shoulder. He thought he did it in quite a civilized manner, took the knife off him and made sure he landed flat on his back not on his neck or anything. "You know the 'arrrgh' doesn't actually give you a bonus to your attack stat," Aulus said helpfully.

A couple of people in the class tittered.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:20 pm
"Oof!" Clancy groaned, and found himself without the knife, looking up at the ceiling. Was that crack supposed there? He was going to have to fix that one day wasn't he? Oh! Right. He was in Aulus' class and had just been flipped.

"Won't bonus me wot?" 'S that a pokémon?" He asked, slightly dazed, and trying to recall if he had an 'Attackstat'; it sounded kind of cool. Probably a dark type.

He blinked, regaining his senses and sat up, shaking his head, and looking at Aulus with a frown.
"Best o' three!" Nevermind this /had/ been the second already, and he'd ended up bested twice...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:23 pm
Wow. Aulus dropped the knife beside Clancy for the grunt to retrieve and sighed. "Attack stat. Attack statistic. Mr Him Measure How Hard Critter Hit, yes? And that was already two but I'll give you the first one for free, seen as I'm such a kind and giving person. Come on then, what's it going to be this time?" Much as he wasn't expecting Clancy to pull anything amazing out of the bag he remained on guard, being embarrassed in front of his class was not an option.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 pm
"Ah! I getcha! Reckon mine's gotta be pretty bloody high..." Clancy grinned, then grimaced on getting up, still pained and recovering, though that was rather his own fault for not bothering to keep himself in the best shape while he was healing due, mostly, to laziness.
He stood up, slightly stiffly, but retrieved the knife and grinned.

Right. This time he had a plan. No yelling, and clearly he'd given too much signal or moved too slow or something.
In an unusual, but still unskilled, display of tactics compared to the grunt's normal efforts, Clancy feinted left, but swung to aim the knife, and himself, to the right.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff