Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Mythology/ Fantasy - Looking for a partner 1x1 (literate) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:11 pm
Hey everyone!
I am looking for a partner to RP with, but also give me pointers along the way. I'm a pretty literate person (no text speak, capitalization, and spell check), but I am no grammar Nazi!
As a college student, I can usually punch out long enough paragraphs for there to be something for someone to go off of.

As for ideas, I was hoping that we could do something along the lines of mythology, fairies, demons, angels, etc. Anything fantasy would be great.

Typically I like to stick to things not going in a romantic direction, but I would not be opposed to it as long as that is where the story line ends up. I myself am a heterosexual female, but I am not opposed to writing as or with any other orientation.

In other words, I just want to write!
Feel free to respond to this thread or PM me!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:37 pm
Hello, if you're still looking for a partner then I could work with you for a little while. I'm not exactly a "Grammar Nazi" either, but I consider myself to be literate.

I do prefer fantasy role plays over anything else, so we're good there. I don't have a problem with some actions being over PG-13, but I'd rather not get into the gory details of death/torture, or sex/rape. Romance is fun, but I'd like there to be more to the story as well.

If you're interested, you can either quote me or PM me to get my attention!  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:46 am
the_wings_we_seek
Hello, if you're still looking for a partner then I could work with you for a little while. I'm not exactly a "Grammar Nazi" either, but I consider myself to be literate.

I do prefer fantasy role plays over anything else, so we're good there. I don't have a problem with some actions being over PG-13, but I'd rather not get into the gory details of death/torture, or sex/rape. Romance is fun, but I'd like there to be more to the story as well.

Hey! I'd love to! Is there anything you had in mind?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek

Hey! I'd love to! Is there anything you had in mind?

I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head, some longer and more complicated than others. Are you looking for a quick roleplay to occupy yourself for the time being, or for a long term [a few months or more even] roleplay.

I'd like to bounce our ideas and such between the two of us, but here's a few of the ones I have, plus a roleplay that started with other people but never finished:

~Angels and Demons [This was one of the ones that my friends and I did during high school, but never completed. Basically modern day, only both God and the Devil have for their own separate reasons, decided to destroy the human race. i.e.: Humans VS Angels VS Demons I can give you more information on that one if you need it.]

~Fantasy [I'm not great at naming stuff, but yeah. A fantasy setting where there's humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, fairies, all sorts of those being and creatures. I have some ideas in mind concerning werewolves, merfolk, and of course there might be orcs trying to take over the land [we could take the obvious route with some power-hungry vampire lord behind the scenes or go for something a little more... unique.] ]

~Modern Day Dragons [To put it shortly, think of all the different kinds of cats and dogs varying in size and personality. House cats, stray cats, wild cats. Lap dogs, police dogs, seeing eye dogs. Now, imagine them as dragons.]  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 pm
the_wings_we_seek

I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head, some longer and more complicated than others. Are you looking for a quick roleplay to occupy yourself for the time being, or for a long term [a few months or more even] roleplay.

I'd like to bounce our ideas and such between the two of us, but here's a few of the ones I have, plus a roleplay that started with other people but never finished:

~Angels and Demons [This was one of the ones that my friends and I did during high school, but never completed. Basically modern day, only both God and the Devil have for their own separate reasons, decided to destroy the human race. i.e.: Humans VS Angels VS Demons I can give you more information on that one if you need it.]

~Fantasy [I'm not great at naming stuff, but yeah. A fantasy setting where there's humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, fairies, all sorts of those being and creatures. I have some ideas in mind concerning werewolves, merfolk, and of course there might be orcs trying to take over the land [we could take the obvious route with some power-hungry vampire lord behind the scenes or go for something a little more... unique.] ]

~Modern Day Dragons [To put it shortly, think of all the different kinds of cats and dogs varying in size and personality. House cats, stray cats, wild cats. Lap dogs, police dogs, seeing eye dogs. Now, imagine them as dragons.]

I would love to hear more about the first one, it seems you've got that one pretty thought out. And the last one, with the dragons... Are you thinking almost like How To Train Your Dragon, but in modern times?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:00 pm
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek

I would love to hear more about the first one, it seems you've got that one pretty thought out. And the last one, with the dragons... Are you thinking almost like How To Train Your Dragon, but in modern times?

Huh. Not how I would've put it, but I guess you could compare the two pretty easily enough... Fair warning, the next part is looooooong. We never got very far through the roleplay itself, but it can get kind-of complicated.

Hoooo boy. That angels and demons roleplay. It was mostly military based, where the five of us [or our characters at least] were all from different countries with different combat-based backgrounds. For example: mine was a woman named Sherri Stephenson; Steph for short. She was a Sargent that specialized in demolitions within a search and rescue unit for the U.S. She worked in the field for eight years, then became a firefighter for a while after that. The roleplay started out when the five of us received a job offer from a rather secretive organization [called IDOW but for the life of me I can't remember what it stood for]... we found out later that it was an international protection agency against the things trying to destroy mankind. They were strange beings and monsters that we dubbed "angels and demons" despite not knowing for certain where they came from or who their leaders were.

See, the whole angels and demons thing? None of that was known outside of the organization [outside of a few of the main leaders of the countries of the world]. Honestly we as "humans" didn't know a whole lot about our enemies. The whole organization is very secretive... even within the different teams, fake names are encouraged and it's not hard to lie about your past, or just not tell anyone period. Well part of that was also the powers that some people were apparently born with. "Occults" is what they called people like us [there was a reason why the five of us were chosen to join the organization]. Not all of the people in IDOW were Occult, maybe 25%. But every single man and woman was highly trained and in tip-top shape.

Anyways, the angels and demons have basically started making the destruction of the human race their primary goal [don't get me wrong, they still hate each other]. Cities have been falling literally every day. During one of my teams missions; where my character went solo and had to save some former IDOW members' kid from DC when the angels attacked it while the rest of the team went out and rescued the president and a few senators; the angels went high into the sky and just above the earth to take down the majority of the satellites. Thus limiting transmissions of all kinds.

I think I got most of the stuff from that roleplay, I could answer a few of your questions if you have any, but it may be better to keep some stuff in the dark as your character may not know very much about the situation to begin with.  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 pm
the_wings_we_seek
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek

Huh. Not how I would've put it, but I guess you could compare the two pretty easily enough... Fair warning, the next part is looooooong. We never got very far through the roleplay itself, but it can get kind-of complicated.

Hoooo boy. That angels and demons roleplay. It was mostly military based, where the five of us [or our characters at least] were all from different countries with different combat-based backgrounds. For example: mine was a woman named Sherri Stephenson; Steph for short. She was a Sargent that specialized in demolitions within a search and rescue unit for the U.S. She worked in the field for eight years, then became a firefighter for a while after that. The roleplay started out when the five of us received a job offer from a rather secretive organization [called IDOW but for the life of me I can't remember what it stood for]... we found out later that it was an international protection agency against the things trying to destroy mankind. They were strange beings and monsters that we dubbed "angels and demons" despite not knowing for certain where they came from or who their leaders were.

See, the whole angels and demons thing? None of that was known outside of the organization [outside of a few of the main leaders of the countries of the world]. Honestly we as "humans" didn't know a whole lot about our enemies. The whole organization is very secretive... even within the different teams, fake names are encouraged and it's not hard to lie about your past, or just not tell anyone period. Well part of that was also the powers that some people were apparently born with. "Occults" is what they called people like us [there was a reason why the five of us were chosen to join the organization]. Not all of the people in IDOW were Occult, maybe 25%. But every single man and woman was highly trained and in tip-top shape.

Anyways, the angels and demons have basically started making the destruction of the human race their primary goal [don't get me wrong, they still hate each other]. Cities have been falling literally every day. During one of my teams missions; where my character went solo and had to save some former IDOW members' kid from DC when the angels attacked it while the rest of the team went out and rescued the president and a few senators; the angels went high into the sky and just above the earth to take down the majority of the satellites. Thus limiting transmissions of all kinds.

I think I got most of the stuff from that roleplay, I could answer a few of your questions if you have any, but it may be better to keep some stuff in the dark as your character may not know very much about the situation to begin with.

That sounds really interesting! I am not very familiar with military style roleplay, but I can give it a shot!

Questions:
What are some examples of the "Occult" powers?
Would my character be starting out as a recruit as well?
Should we try to figure out what IDOW stands for? (Haha)

Overall, this seems like a really cool concept, and I would be willing to either start over, or begin where the other story left off. I'll start thinking of my character.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek

That sounds really interesting! I am not very familiar with military style roleplay, but I can give it a shot!

Questions:
What are some examples of the "Occult" powers?
Would my character be starting out as a recruit as well?
Should we try to figure out what IDOW stands for? (Haha)

Overall, this seems like a really cool concept, and I would be willing to either start over, or begin where the other story left off. I'll start thinking of my character.

Answers:
The thing with the powers was that uh. Most people aren't aware they have them. They're mostly dormant, and require a lot of focus to use. IDOW keeps track of who has abilities and who doesn't through the blood-work. Once you figure out what you are though, you have a general concept of the Occult power, then three things to focus on under that. Say for example: there was that kid my character recued, his name was Max. He was mute, but his Occult power was sound waves. So his three focused abilities under his power were volume [either tuning it down to a whisper or blasting it at the max], echo [repetition of a certain sound or series of sounds], and mimic [making one sound like something completely different. Each ability can be trained and is incredibly powerful when trained to full capacity. If Max trained his volume enough, he could knock a large foe or several smaller ones back with the sheer force of the sound waves. I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if he trained echo to the max after that...

Your character would likely be starting out as a recruit too, my character will be a little ahead of you when it comes to things IDOW-wise. But not to worry, she can train you within the roleplay as needed. They can start off as partners for now, and maybe we'll work up to a team as we go along.

Eh. I know the "I" stands for "International", the "O" for "Occult", and the "W" for "Warfare". It's the "D" that confuses me.

We could start where the others and I left off? Well, sort-of. What I think would work is that my character was split off from the rest of the team by the higher ups and put into solo operations for the time being. At least until they either found her a new partner/team. They manage to recruit you [your choice of how they do it, money, play on morals, blackmail, etc.]... yeah by the way, your character doesn't have to have a perfect background. One of the guys I worked with was a hacker that robbed banks for a living. He never killed anyone though so he was good [mostly]. So long as you aren't in the mob, a terrorist, absolutely crazy [because a little crazy is totally okay], that sort of thing. Anyways they put you with me for training and to eventually be partners.

My Questions for you:
-Also completly up to you, but my team didn't know about the whole powers thing until after our first mission... do you want to do that as well or have your recruiters tell you once you're all contracted in?
-Do you want me to type up a base for a character sheet for you for reference? It wouldn't take me very long to do.
-Would you prefer to do this in the forums or in private message?  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:24 pm
the_wings_we_seek

Answers:
The thing with the powers was that uh. Most people aren't aware they have them. They're mostly dormant, and require a lot of focus to use. IDOW keeps track of who has abilities and who doesn't through the blood-work. Once you figure out what you are though, you have a general concept of the Occult power, then three things to focus on under that. Say for example: there was that kid my character rescued, his name was Max. He was mute, but his Occult power was sound waves. So his three focused abilities under his power were volume [either tuning it down to a whisper or blasting it at the max], echo [repetition of a certain sound or series of sounds], and mimic [making one sound like something completely different. Each ability can be trained and is incredibly powerful when trained to full capacity. If Max trained his volume enough, he could knock a large foe or several smaller ones back with the sheer force of the sound waves. I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if he trained echo to the max after that...

Your character would likely be starting out as a recruit too, my character will be a little ahead of you when it comes to things IDOW-wise. But not to worry, she can train you within the roleplay as needed. They can start off as partners for now, and maybe we'll work up to a team as we go along.

Eh. I know the "I" stands for "International", the "O" for "Occult", and the "W" for "Warfare". It's the "D" that confuses me.

We could start where the others and I left off? Well, sort-of. What I think would work is that my character was split off from the rest of the team by the higher ups and put into solo operations for the time being. At least until they either found her a new partner/team. They manage to recruit you [your choice of how they do it, money, play on morals, blackmail, etc.]... yeah by the way, your character doesn't have to have a perfect background. One of the guys I worked with was a hacker that robbed banks for a living. He never killed anyone though so he was good [mostly]. So long as you aren't in the mob, a terrorist, absolutely crazy [because a little crazy is totally okay], that sort of thing. Anyways they put you with me for training and to eventually be partners.

My Questions for you:
-Also completely up to you, but my team didn't know about the whole powers thing until after our first mission... do you want to do that as well or have your recruiters tell you once you're all contracted in?
-Do you want me to type up a base for a character sheet for you for reference? It wouldn't take me very long to do.

-It might be cool to wait to figure out what my character's powers are. For instance, weird things keep happening, and they finally figure out it was their powers all along.
-THAT WOULD BE GRAND! I mean, I know what a basic character profile is supposed to look like, but to have one based off of your character would be nice.
-It's up to you. Doing it in the forums would make it easier to read back. Doing it in PMs would make it easier to respond in a timely fashion.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 pm
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek

Answers:
The thing with the powers was that uh. Most people aren't aware they have them. They're mostly dormant, and require a lot of focus to use. IDOW keeps track of who has abilities and who doesn't through the blood-work. Once you figure out what you are though, you have a general concept of the Occult power, then three things to focus on under that. Say for example: there was that kid my character rescued, his name was Max. He was mute, but his Occult power was sound waves. So his three focused abilities under his power were volume [either tuning it down to a whisper or blasting it at the max], echo [repetition of a certain sound or series of sounds], and mimic [making one sound like something completely different. Each ability can be trained and is incredibly powerful when trained to full capacity. If Max trained his volume enough, he could knock a large foe or several smaller ones back with the sheer force of the sound waves. I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if he trained echo to the max after that...

My Questions for you:
-Also completely up to you, but my team didn't know about the whole powers thing until after our first mission... do you want to do that as well or have your recruiters tell you once you're all contracted in?

-It might be cool to wait to figure out what my character's powers are. For instance, weird things keep happening, and they finally figure out it was their powers all along.
-THAT WOULD BE GRAND! I mean, I know what a basic character profile is supposed to look like, but to have one based off of your character would be nice.
-It's up to you. Doing it in the forums would make it easier to read back. Doing it in PMs would make it easier to respond in a timely fashion.

-Awesome! And it'll definitely be weird that's for sure...
-I have no idea where mine is actually. I remember most of her stuff luckily. I'm already halfway through typing yours; plus I'm doing some little notes to help you out. Though I recommend you look up some guns you might like/fighting styles.
-Forum possibly? I find that reading back through my old stuff helps me figure out what I'm going to do next.  

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:06 pm
What I have so far for you:
[Go ahead and delete anything with brackets once you finish]
BASIC INFO
Name [include real, nickname, and fake if they choose one]:
Sex/gender [I don’t judge and if the military doesn’t ask, you don’t have to tell]:
Age [needs to be 18 or older because military]:
Hair [needs to somewhat fit military standards, bleached is fine though]:
Eye Color [really doesn’t matter, they just can’t glow on a normal basis]:
Nationality [nation of birth/residence]:
Backstory [basics of any family, jobs, allies, enemies, key points, etc.]:

COMBAT [it’s pretty much implied that you know how to shoot and aim a gun so no worries there]
Specialty [choose one of three; close quarters, medium range, and long range]:
Close quarters experience [can have little experience to being well versed in tai chi/wrestling/anything else you can think of]:
Medium range experience [can shoot and hit so long as it’s still to shooting multiple moving targets at a time]:
Long range experience [can have little experience to shooting multiple targets down in consecutive order using a sniper rifle of sorts]:
Main weapon [assault rifle, military grade knife of sorts, fists/feet, you can dual wield guns or knives if that’s your specialty, etc.]:
Secondary weapons [pick two for now unless it’s throwing knives or darts; pistols, knives, stun baton, fists/feet, etc.]:
Combat background [it’s not required that you have military/government experience just that you are in shape and can fight in some form]:

I'll add more here as I type it/when we get to different points in the roleplay For the combat stuff, if you're having trouble then I recommend that you figure out whether you want to be a healer, tank, ranged, melee, etc. and then work from there.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 am
the_wings_we_seek
BASIC INFO
Sex/gender [I don’t judge and if the military doesn’t ask, you don’t have to tell]:

COMBAT [it’s pretty much implied that you know how to shoot and aim a gun so no worries there]
Close quarters experience [can have little experience to being well versed in tai chi/wrestling/anything else you can think of]:
Medium range experience [can shoot and hit so long as it’s still to shooting multiple moving targets at a time]:
Long range experience [can have little experience to shooting multiple targets down in consecutive order using a sniper rifle of sorts]:
Main weapon [assault rifle, military grade knife of sorts, fists/feet, you can dual wield guns or knives if that’s your specialty, etc.]:
Secondary weapons [pick two for now unless it’s throwing knives or darts; pistols, knives, stun baton, fists/feet, etc.]:
Combat background [it’s not required that you have military/government experience just that you are in shape and can fight in some form]:

I'll add more here as I type it/when we get to different points in the roleplay For the combat stuff, if you're having trouble then I recommend that you figure out whether you want to be a healer, tank, ranged, melee, etc. and then work from there.

Okay, here we go! Feel free to fix or ask questions about my character.

BASIC INFO
Name: Roen MacPherson (Red)
Sex/gender: Female
Hair: Red(The natural orangy-red), curly, unrully
Eye Color: Green with brown flakes and a grey ring around the iris
Nationality: Scottish
Backstory: Born in Blairgowrie, Scottland, she moved to the United States when she was a young teen. She now only speaks with a softer Scottish burr. Her father died in a shipyard accident in the neighboring town of Dundee while dismantling equipment abandoned after the shipyards closed in the 80's. This resulted in her and her mother, who worked in the strawberries fields, to be forced to move in with her uncle in America. Once in the US, they moved from city to city until finally settling in a little town outside of Albany, New York. Her mother worked as a waitress before finally getting her nursing degree. Roen went to high school in Albany and later went on to study engineering in New York City. She graduated at 21 and joined the US Army right after. She originally joined to work on drones, but once the Army figured out her experience with sharpshooting, they put her out in the field to fight the bad guys.

COMBAT
Specialty Long Range sharpshooting:
Close quarters experience Expert in Scottish Fencing, still a student of Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan (Korean Martial Arts) and Jiu-jitso (Brazilian Martial Arts).
Medium range experience: Can shoot multiple moving targets
Long range experience: Extremely experienced in long range sharpshooting using either a sniper rifle or a bow and arrow
Main weapon: Sniper Rifle for long range
Secondary weapons: dual pistols or knives
Combat background: US Army three years, took Scottish Fencing from a young age and then in the US to stay around people of the same heritage, in college joined two different martial arts styles to better defend herself and to help with anger management. Gained experience in sharpshooting from bow hunting with her uncle, and then a shooting club to meet new friends in high school.

I probably tried too hard with that. Feel free to make any suggestions!  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:09 am
xia75672
the_wings_we_seek
BASIC INFO

Okay, here we go! Feel free to fix or ask questions about my character.

BASIC INFO
Name: Roen MacPherson
Hair: Red(The natural orangy-red), curly, unrully
Eye Color: Green with brown flakes and a grey ring around the iris
Nationality: Scottish
Backstory: Born in Blairgowrie, Scottland, she moved to the United States when she was a young teen. She now only speaks with a softer Scottish burr. Her father died in a shipyard accident in the neighboring town of Dundee while dismantling equipment abandoned after the shipyards closed in the 80's. This resulted in her and her mother, who worked in the strawberries fields, to be forced to move in with her uncle in America. Once in the US, they moved from city to city until finally settling in a little town outside of Albany, New York. Her mother worked as a waitress before finally getting her nursing degree. Roen went to high school in Albany and later went on to study engineering in New York City. She graduated at 21 and joined the US Army right after. She originally joined to work on drones, but once the Army figured out her experience with sharpshooting, they put her out in the field to fight the bad guys.

COMBAT
Specialty Long Range sharpshooting:
Close quarters experience Expert in Scottish Fencing, still a student of Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan (Korean Martial Arts) and Jiu-jitso (Brazilian Martial Arts).
Medium range experience: Can shoot multiple moving targets
Long range experience: Extremely experienced in long range sharpshooting using either a sniper rifle or a bow and arrow
Main weapon: Sniper Rifle for long range
Secondary weapons: dual pistols or knives
Combat background: US Army three years, took Scottish Fencing from a young age and then in the US to stay around people of the same heritage, in college joined two different martial arts styles to better defend herself and to help with anger management. Gained experience in sharpshooting from bow hunting with her uncle, and then a shooting club to meet new friends in high school.

I probably tried too hard with that. Feel free to make any suggestions!

Oh my god she's Scottish [I love those accents]. So basically she's a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to combat. Just a little suggestion, nothing you have to do; but you may want to tone down some of her skills just to give her some room to grow in character. Other than that, everything looks perfect to me. I can see a lot of similarities and differences between Roen and Steph, and I think they'll match up really well! Based off of your description of her, she seems more ranged than melee despite having some impressive capabilities there. Which will help to balance Steph, as she's very physical when it comes to combat.

[I feel like if we were to go into gaming terms, Roen would be closer to ranged dps and Steph would be closer to a tank]

I'll put out something for Steph in a little bit, and let me know if there's something else you feel that we missed!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 am
the_wings_we_seek

Oh my god she's Scottish [I love those accents]. So basically she's a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to combat. Just a little suggestion, nothing you have to do; but you may want to tone down some of her skills just to give her some room to grow in character. Other than that, everything looks perfect to me. I can see a lot of similarities and differences between Roen and Steph, and I think they'll match up really well! Based off of your description of her, she seems more ranged than melee despite having some impressive capabilities there. Which will help to balance Steph, as she's very physical when it comes to combat.

[I feel like if we were to go into gaming terms, Roen would be closer to ranged dps and Steph would be closer to a tank]

I'll put out something for Steph in a little bit, and let me know if there's something else you feel that we missed!

Right! When I said she was a student of those martial arts, I meant STUDENT, like she knows the basics, but by no means is she a master. Like when it came down to it, her melee is more like "I'm just going to try not to die here." She needs to know how to defend herself because I imagine her to be a smaller person. I figured fencing would be a fun little useless skill, like when is she going to need to know how to sword fight in a gun fight? I'd say except for fencing and long range, she's pretty average.

I guess if you wanted, her fencing can be rusty, so she hasn't used it in a while.

Can't wait to see the specs for Steph!  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:58 am
BASIC INFO
Name: Sherri Stephenson; “Steph”
Hair: Short brown, usually slicked back
Eye Color: Brown
Nationality: U.S.
Backstory: Orphaned as a baby, Sherri was sent to a place called ‘The Stephenson Care for Lost Children’. She spent her childhood roaming the streets behind the orphanage, getting into fights with the older children. Any possible adoption opportunities were well squashed with Sherri’s anger issues. She ended up solving most of them with the help of an older homeless man, who later inspired her to join the U.S. military as a search and rescue operative at the age of 17. A few years into her service with the military she got a series of tattoos done that covered her from her collarbone to the bottom of her ribs, as well as a good portion of her arms.

COMBAT
Specialty: Close quarters; Bombs/Demolitions
Close quarters experience: specialty military training in strength-based martial arts; i.e. Judo, Muay Thai; well used to breaking down doors and taking down larger opponents
Medium range experience: Fairly accurate with both hand guns and semi-automatics; can take out multiple targets consecutively; handles explosives and their launchers professionally
Long range experience: can shoot with a sniper rifle, but takes time to aim correctly
Main weapon: Large multi-tool kit strapped to back
Secondary weapons: multiple grenades and other explosives attached to belt, semi-automatic rifle with blade attached clipped to chest
Combat background: Steph was originally only given basic training for the military, but she displayed proficiency in the mathematics that were necessary for a demolitionist. They gave her a scholarship to continue her training, and so that’s what she did. She ended up working her way up to Sargent, and despite getting an offer to promote to Lieutenant, she refused for the sake of staying on the front lines. She was honorably discharged after an incident where her commanding officer tasered her in the back during a mission; the mission was to get as many people out of a collapsing mine as possible. Steph was ordered back out of concern for her safety, and she refused. After working out in the field for ten years, Steph returned to the U.S. and worked as a firefighter for a year. When she was twenty-eight, Steph received a notice from IDOW asking for her to come in for an interview. Everything after is classified.  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff