[BRP] So, Yeah...Help? [Bitter Heartbeat x Choke] [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Okay, so...this was a first.

Well, not -- not really a first. The Acha nibbled his bottom lip as he looked around, trotting through the Swamp with a distracted look. It wasn't the first time he'd hooked up with a female, MotherFather knew, but he was pretty sure -- pretty sure it was the first time he cared about the outcome. Choke's uncertainty briefly flickered into his suave satisfied smile when he thought of her, but quickly resumed his uncertain and harried appearance. What was he supposed to do about this? She was sweet and cool and understanding and -- and quite frankly, more mature than he was. Dear MotherFather, what if their clutch turned out like...him?

Please, MotherFather, let our children take after her, he thought inwardly as he searched, nosing rocks and trees alike for the fabled helpers of the idiots who bred willy nilly.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:13 pm
Chrystali
just a re-quote in case gaia ate the notice; if you're busy no worries, just wanted to make sure you've seen this!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was still strange to be chosen; stranger still to be the creature -- well, it's smaller cousin -- that he had feared all these years. The strong instincts of his caiman form, User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.however, were not concerned with the stag's thoughts. All it cared about for the moment was lounging on the sun-warmed rock to sunbathe. With eyes shut and mouth held open, he was quite content. Until the itch began at least.

The caiman exhaled a hiss as his jaws snapped shut. What was that? It wasn't urgent enough to be danger. It was persistent and -- the caiman became hazy as the stag's form took shape. A moment later the caiman was gone and Bitter Heartbeat stood. He gave his body a shake, let the vestiges of the caiman's thoughts fall away. It was still an itch; one he couldn't reach either. His tail flicked as the frustration of it mounted. Dear Motherfather, he hoped he didn't have fleas!  

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:58 pm
Choke peered around, left and right, beneath shrubs (as if one might hide there) and up into boughs. It was in the midst of this hunt that he saw a caiman - steering clear of that, thank you very much - but when his attention swept away and back, there was then a...suspiciously colored Kimeti in its place.

The Acha came to a halt, blinking. Was he seeing things, lost in a fervor? Tilting his head to the side, he picked his way just a little closer (he still remembered the caiman!), looking around cautiously before calling, "Are you, uh...you okay?" With jaws like the strange looking Kimeti was sporting, maybe he ate the caiman instead?

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Chrystali
this is a test
Chrystali
apologies if you get 2 pings
And just like that the itch, once fierce and unrelenting, seemed to pop. A rush of coolness shot through his body and he blinked, confused. Until the voice spoke. So that was how--

"F-fine," he coughed as he attempted to look assured and composed. (He was pretty sure he had failed in that.) His self-consciousness would have to wait though. He was positive that itch meant one thing.

He turned fully towards the acha, smiled -- it should have been reassuring but with the addition of sharp teeth, well -- and inquired, "Can I help you?" (No would have blamed the acha for wondering if the buck was asking something entirely different.)  

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:42 pm
Despite himself, the Acha began to grin, a crooked expression that was filled more with mirth than mistrusting. He might have not been the brightest creature in the Swamp. "I'm -- I'm not sure. I kind of feel like I should be helping you?" He laughed lightly, seeming to forget his caution and approach the shark-toothed male in turn.

"I'm looking for the um -- the ones that are all, 'hey, have blessed babies.'" Oh yes. He was quite suave with words. "But you distracted me, there was a caiman and I'm not entirely sure that you haven't eaten it." He swung his tail in a languid manner, tilting his head to the side again. "Your flowers look like they don't belong here, they're so bright and pretty. I mean, you are too, but you're...different. Bigger? Longer? Pretty all the same."

anemosagkelos
Just one ping! ovo And sorry Chokeisawful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 pm
Chrystali
hrm, well then, perhaps that is the secret to getting quote notifications!
Chrystali
lol awful is fun ;]
The stag's white-gold eyes narrowed; how presumptuous!

His shoulders tensed as he drew his neck and head back from the approaching acha. The words formed in his throat and then were promptly choked, "Excuse me?" he sputtered, foolishly perturbed by the accusation that he would eat a caiman. That, that would have been akin to cannibalism! (Was it cannibalism if he--)

Confusion blundered through his mind as the acha's words continued. He was unclear if the male was insulting, complimenting, or hitting on him. And he quite pitied the poor doe that had ended up with this character's offspring.

"My flowers were a gift from the Motherfather," he began, once he found his mouth worked past stuttering vague puffs of sound, "after I became a Legendary."

Underneath his belly, the caiman shimmered into existence. It's only contribution was to growl menacingly.  

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:15 pm
Choke watched the offended stag with great interest; his reaction was not an uncommon one, but a smidgen disappointing all the same. Some kin were just so...stuffy when it came to compliments.

His bright eyes opened wide at the first part of the reply - and then he outright gasped when the caiman shimmered beneath the long legs. The Acha's ears briefly pinned back out of instinct but his lack of tact won over: he all but cantered over to him, hoof falls prancing around the stag even though each leg sunk about knee high into the swamp with the antics. "It's you! You're the one I've been looking for! And you're beautiful and terrifying and you smell like home!"

For a moment, he almost pitied the Legendary. No one knew what a callous he was more than himself, and if the stories were true, the poor stag couldn't just walk away. Stopping in front of him again, beaming up at he stag, he greeted him, "Hello, MotherFather's Favored, I'm Choke! I could really use your help."

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 pm
There was a moment, just one singular moment, where the acha's wide eyes and surprised gasp elicited a jolt of pride. He -- he -- had awed someone. Only a moment that quickly crashed down around him.

If the acha had felt any sort of reverence, it seemed to have been very easily replaced. The stag stared, jaw slack, in absolute shock as he, apparently, became something like an antiquated flower that must be pranced around. His mouth twisted, wryly. He should've known better. The words, the lovely words, were, however, a nice thing to hear.

Bitter Heartbeat shook himself from his thoughts about Choke's shameless antics. Help was a very broad term.

"And that is the biggest understatement I have ever heard in my lifetime," he said, voice kind and laced with an amusement that took any bite out of a potential rebuke. "First, out of the mud, or you'll sink and you'll need more help than I can give," he chuckled; lowering his head and giving the acha a gentle nudge backward to where the mud was dry and less likely to swallow either of them.  

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:51 pm
Choke laughed heartily at the Legendary's words, shaking his head in an amused manner. "If that is the case, you've lead a very sheltered life, Blessed One! I'm an obvious understatement. It's the ones that aren't what they appear that you need to -- oh, I suppose." The Acha blinked and looked down - almost nose to the mire - before chuckling and high stepping his way out of the water with muddy hooves.

He trotted a short ways from the other and gave himself a good shake - he didn't want to dirty the one who was going to help him! - and returned, touching his nose to the Legendary's neck in a familiar and grateful manner.

"I don't want to take -- well, I do want to take all your time, but I'm being polite as I can here -- I don't want to waste your time, so, basically," he looked like he was deep in thought, trying to mull over the right words, "there's a doe, and there was a night, and I think something might come from it." Choke wrinkled his small muzzle. "I uh -- if there is some, uh, subtle way I can...make sure they're -- you know, more like her and not like me, that'd be great."

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 pm
An eyebrow rose as the laughter began but the stag did nothing to refute it; he had lived a sheltered life in his early years. It was less so now but he was far from a social butterfly. (He was after all a caiman and no one would accuse them of being the friendly sort.) He was, however, glad to see the acha heed his words. It would have been a rather poor reflection on him to have let Choke, well, be choked by the mud's overenthusiastic grip.

"I --" His words never quite made it past as the acha touched his neck. Presumptuous and forward, wasn't he?

Oh, the buck knew that feeling but in an entirely different manner. He nodded, smiled.

"Your politeness is appreciated," he began, "and it's refreshing to see you are self-aware." That wouldn't have been such a bad trait to pass on. It might be best to cover his bases; he hadn't done this before. Only one thing to do then.

"You seek a blessing; one that ensures they are polite, gracious, humble. They shall indeed take after their mother and if they get one thing from you, they shall be self-aware of their bad traits." Well-rounded, he thought, and hoped it would do.

"Something like that?" he asked, even though it had already been done. It was after all what he had asked for. Mostly.

Chrystali

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 am
When the Legendary began to speak, Choke politely sat down - he really didn't know how this was supposed to work - and gave the black and red stag his full, undivided attention. His ears turned forward to him, tail slowly wagging in the dirt behind him, digesting the words as they were spoken and looking pleased by the end.

"The MotherFather saw fit to give me some small perk to pass on, hm? That's a sweet notion." And here, Choke had been so worried that they'd be just like him that he hadn't stopped to think that being even just a part of him might not be so bad. Standing again, he smiled as widely as he could, tail still on the move. "I -- I think so! This is the first time, for me, and -- I think the MotherFather did really good work when They choose you."

Tucking one front leg, he bowed his head and the front half of his body. "I'm in debt to you - quite possibly forever! If I can somehow -- I dunno -- repay your kindness, your um -- patience? Consideration? -- I'd happily do so." Righting himself, his expression softened into an easier smile. "Really, I -- thank you."

anemosagkelos
Oh hey now THAT TIME I got two quotes! XD I think we can wrap this up on my post after yours (unless he wants to take him up on that offer)?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 pm
A heat crawled up into his cheeks at the acha's words and he was glad for once to have such vibrant red fur. A blush over his skin was near impossible to see. "The Motherfather is very wise," he agreed instead.

Bitter Heartbeat returned Choke's bow and briefly disappeared altogether shocked as he was to hear the acha's next words. A flash of caiman -- it, too, startled -- and then the stag was before him again, standing tall. If not a bit abashed at his faux pas.

"Your appreciation is thanks enough, Choke. I shall keep you in mind should I ever need a favor," he smiled, genuine. Although he had a hard time imagining just what the acha would help him with. A puzzle for another time.

Chrystali
haha, watch you get neither this time; we can wrap it up, my brain is fried atm. but maybe bh will seek him out sometime!

anemosagkelos

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 pm
Choke noted the reaction from the Legendary, but he could hardly pretend to know what it meant. Instead, the Acha flashed him another brilliant smile, tail wagging joyously. "Thank you, Blessed One! It was really great to meet you! I'll -- I'll be on my way, then. I did promise not to waste your time, after all."

Chuckling, the green buck turned and picked his way back to steadier ground, turning around just once to give the unnamed Legendary another grateful look before he dashed off in the direction he'd come.

anemosagkelos
YAS, if they need to go on an adventure or even just need Choke to do an unsavory deed (like dealing with a persistent doe), he's your Acha! THANK YOU FOR THE RP, I REALLY adore Bitter Heartbeat and would love more RP with him in the future. *U*!!

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games