Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH 1v1] Coincidental (Nora/Davyne) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
medigel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:37 pm
Quote:
Rolling a 2: ALL DAMAGE DONE BACKFIRES ON THE CHARACTERS THEMSELVES (ie if you do 6 damage to the opponent, you take 6 damage). All your log seems to take second place as a voice calls to you, vague, agitating. It pressures you to attack relentlessly, brashly, without caring about your own wounds or damage done to your allies.

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:46 pm
Someone was finally getting around to actually doing their duties. Nora wasn't normally a slacker, but she had simply been busy doing errands at another base. Namely, page duties essentially. It was demeaning for a woman of her caliber, but then again it was also demeaning that she hadn't done enough to get promoted after all this time. It was probably easy to slack off with her interests lying more in entertaining herself rather than doing work, but still...

Sighing, Nora entered the haunted house and brought her hammer out just in case, spinning it idly as she roved the halls. This was her first time there, but she didn't feel the same jitters more new hunters did; if anything, she was a little excited to check the place out after hearing so many awful tales from other people. Given that there was already a nagging voice in her head and the architecture was confusing, she could see why it wasn't the most appealing place.

Ephebe
rolling initiative ahead of time but they don't have to go straight into a fight!
also a ref! just with longer hair

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:25 am
Davyne had been on the way from the library to the gym, determined to get some more battle practice in now that she'd researched a bit more. Perhaps she would be lucky and someone would even be willing to spar with her - it was, she found, the best way to learn, after all.

And then there was the Haunted House, again. She sighed a bit impatiently at being derailed from her course; she had had a plan for the day, a goal! And now it seemed instead she would be spending it finding the way out of this place, yet again.

It did not help that there was a niggling voice in her head, an echo of aggression that was spurring her to be angry rather than vaguely put-off.

She sighed again, with a bit more vehemence this time, before setting off to explore the rooms - if she was lucky, she would be quick to find the exit and get back to school in time for a spar.

It did not seem that she was particularly lucky today - at least not on that front. Moving through rooms got her no exit and nothing of particular interest either - at least until she came upon something, which turned out to be a someone.

"Greetings," she said to the other Reaper ghoul - no, human; when would she stop mistaking the two? Probably never, she reflected as the voice in her head grew more aggressive. She did her best to suppress it, with an increased sense of annoyance.

medigel
ohhk! <3333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:54 pm
Ah, look, something to crush! Well, that was fast. Take something out, report back, go back to lounging on the nice couch until next shift, easy peasy.

"Afternoon, spookie," Nora greeted pleasantly as she approached, hefting her hammer. (Beatrix had used the word enough to know what it meant.) "I'll cut right to the chase. 'Fraid you need to go back to where you came from or we'll have a nasty mess on our hands."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:09 am
"Ah," Davyne blinked, un-used to being called spookie. "I would like that, but I'm afraid I do not know the way to leave," she sighed, aggravated at her own lack of knowledge and plans gone awry.

"Do you know it? I would appreciate the assistance - I had planned to spend the day sparring and not running around in this place, but it seems that is rather a moot point now." And then a bright idea struck her, for Hunters had Fear shields, did they not? "Unless you would happen to be on the lookout for a sparring partner?"

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:38 am
"Well, I wouldn't quite say sparring partner," Nora replied airily, "but I suppose if you're looking to pick a fight, here I am~"

She did feel mildly bad, but work was work was work.

"You look remarkably human--I have to say, that's the truly scary part."

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 am
A duck was still a duck even if called by another name, wasn't it? The Hunter did not seem aggressive and their chat had been cordial enough; any agreed upon fight would therefore be a spar, she was pretty certain.

"Thank you," she said, because that was rather a great compliment even for her. "I will commence attacking in ten seconds then."

And then she summoned her whip, counting the seconds to make sure she was true to her word, before finally lashing out with her whip, aiming for the human's mid-section.

Her aim was terrible and she did not even manage to hit.

((HP: 30 / 30
Dmg: 0 ))
medigel

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:48 am
Nora arched one eyebrow delicately.

"Right, then." Closing the distance, she swung her hammer. Well, more like tapped in retrospect. Sh might have been a little rusty.

What was strange was that Beatrix detected a flicker in their Fear shield when the hit landed. < Bad things at work, Norrie, badbadbad things. >

"Seems we both could use some work..."

xxEphebe
HP: 37
Damage: 3

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 am
"Yes indeed," Davyne winced as the Hunter's attack connected, but quickly got her head back in the fight - nimbly, she moved closer to her opponent and lashed out with her whip, this time actually managing to land a hit.

It was a good attack, only... she couldn't quite put her finger on what was wrong.

((HP: 23 / 30
Dmg: 4 ))
medigel

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:16 pm
There it was again--an angry voice at the back of her head that didn't belong to Beatrix as she struck back. The blackdog growled at it like it was the mailman, out of reach but at least aware this was her territory.

"What did you mean, you don't know how to leave?" Nora asked with a frown. "Isn't this the penultimate sort of Halloweenish place?" After all, it was a giant haunted house with rooms that made no sense.

Ephebe
HP: 28
Damage: 5

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 am
"Ah, yes?" It came out more as a question than a statement and she blinked. "I suppose so, yes, but until recently I was not aware of its existence - nor did I mean to come here, I only..." She sighed with frustration, mostly aimed at herself, "perhaps I do not pay enough attention to my surroundings - I was well on the way to the gym and did not notice the change in locale before it was too late. And I always seem to have some small trouble finding the way out of this place, as well."

She'd almost lost track of being in the middle of their spar before the voice in her head spurred her to attack again, more fiercely; obliging, she cracked her whip at the Hunter, aiming for her shoulders. She did not think the attack particularly fierce, though, but at least it had managed to hit. That was something to appreciate.

Only... she had noticed something off with her attack earlier but could not say what it was, and now she was beginning to put the pieces together; the damage, it seemed to - rebound on her, in some way? Every attack she managed to land so far had put a dent in her Fear shield that was, although small, at least noticeable.

((HP: 16 / 30
Dmg: 2 ))
medigel

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:58 am
Hrm...She could have sworn someone had done a report about this. Or maybe told her about the Haunted House. Maybe she ought to pay more attention...Damn.

< Could be tricksies. Looks like a reaper, veeery magicky creeps. Badbadbad things here, Norrie, get a good bite! >

Wincing as she took the whip, Nora pushed back with the hammer. A part of her wanted to make a suggestive comment about the ghoul's choice of weapon, but somehow this one seemed a little too...well, maybe not innocent, but young at least. And she did have a soft spot for young ones.

Even if it wasn't quite soft spot enough to not hit them.

"Really? I'd think you'd be more on top of your little haunts popping up," she teased as the runes on her weapon lit up red, like Nora herself was completely informed. Her partner growled eagerly. "Suppose that's why we patrol it--take out little infections like yourself to keep it clean."

Ephebe
HP: 22
Damage: 4

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:01 pm
She managed a counter-attack after the Hunter's, once again lashing out at her opponent.

"Should I be?" The question was genuine as Davyne frowned at herself; had she missed something here and was in some way lacking because of her limited knowledge of the Haunted House?

And take out infections? That was - she did not quite quite know what the human meant with that. The Hunters went to the Haunted House to combat the aggr-

Ah. "I apologize," she began formally, de-summoning her whip with a flick of her wrist and then folding her hands behind her back. The voice in her head was yelling but she was doing her utmost to ignore it; "it appears I have been unclear in my intentions; I am a faithful DETH scout and have no wish to harm humans. I did not wish to start a fight, only a friendly spar."

((HP: 10 / 30
Dmg: 2 ))
medigel

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:52 am
< Bitebitebitebite lemme bite, Norrie, lemme eat herrrrr stop chatter! >

But Nora was hesitant. For whatever reason she seemed to grow more fatigued after almost every swing. And given that her charge would hurt either way...She better not risk it.

While the girl seemed sincere, she had a job to do. With the whip out of the way, the trainee was able to get a good swing in, trying to push the reaper back. Nora didn't quite trust her; she wouldn't be a good sun if she simply stopped fighting out of courtesy.

"Last warning to leave, then," she said pleasantly.

Ephebe
HP: 12
Damage: 8

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 pm
Davyne didn't even attempt to block, taking the attack head on. She staggered back a few feet, panting as she felt the toll of the damage done to her - there was no way she was going to counter-attack; not only because her Fear shield had taken such a hit, but also because she was now aware that this was not a spar. And she would not betray her principles so utterly as to wantonly attack a human for no reason.

Which rather left dissipation as her immediate future, she thought - at least until the human spoke and gave her a way out.

"I shall take my leave, then," she nodded to the other ghoul; even if she still wasn't quite sure how to exit this place, attempting to find said exit on her own rather than being forced to dissipate did sound better.

She made for the nearest door, movements quite laboured but nonetheless determined.
((HP: 2 / 30
attempting to flee ))
medigel

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out