Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:35 pm
User Image
Main Tribe Thread

This is the plotting thread for Polite Society. The main purpose for this thread is to essentially list tribe related ISOs. Kind of like an OOC Matope craigslist posting.

My hope is that we can use this space to find in-tribe RP, plots, "Game" partners, and for everyone else to organize your own tribe ORPs/games/events. The joy of Polite Society is that everyone can show initiative, throw their own parties, and take charge. The more active the community; the more enjoyable voting for new leaders will be each Spring and Fall.

Keeping it here should also, I pray, keep the tribe thread more open for light member RP and new member applications.

I love you all. <3

Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:20 pm
Nerpin

Lural

Both of you were interested in doing a bonfire ORP with Pear Flower and/or Peach Blossom. Nerp, you'd mentioned Dawn - Do you want him to just have come across them at the bonfire? It would be right up their alley to politely ask him to join them.

Lural, lovely, who did you want to throw at this? <3

Pardon the double quote, but I went ahead and started a food finding adventure for us before the day ended. Here it is!
I left it open ended so you can throw in whomever you wish. <3  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 pm
LOLLI qAq

I have thrown Ten at you because:

He's loads of fun to play
I want to throw him at the tribe and... not do well
Pear flower! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 pm
Lural

<3 Ten <3
All good reasons! Yes!

Do we wanna let Nerp do an introductory post with her kin and then we can take turns rolling and responding to the rolled prompts?
I figure if we do it in order of intro posts (myself, you, and then Nerp) we can keep track of who has gone.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:36 am
LOLLI qAq
Lural

<3 Ten <3
All good reasons! Yes!

Do we wanna let Nerp do an introductory post with her kin and then we can take turns rolling and responding to the rolled prompts?
I figure if we do it in order of intro posts (myself, you, and then Nerp) we can keep track of who has gone.

Yes please!
I'll be able to post very soon smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:06 pm
I would very much like to have Dead on Time teach some art lessons. "How to make your name glyph extremely fancy," "how to decorate birch bark with charcoal," that sort of thing. It'd be an ORP where a fussy fat Totoma teaches you how to make art and feeds you snacks- light and simple and fun.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:47 am
Scaramouche Fandango
I would very much like to have Dead on Time teach some art lessons. "How to make your name glyph extremely fancy," "how to decorate birch bark with charcoal," that sort of thing. It'd be an ORP where a fussy fat Totoma teaches you how to make art and feeds you snacks- light and simple and fun.

How would you feel about this being part of the opening tribe event?

The whole event could be like a giant Open House and welcoming party wrapped into one where existing members hold their own demonstrations/lessons for anyone willing to stop by? People that participate can gain "favor", or OOC points, for posts each day that can be used as points in a raffle for familiar door prizes.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:09 am
LOLLI qAq
The whole event could be like a giant Open House and welcoming party wrapped into one where existing members hold their own demonstrations/lessons for anyone willing to stop by? People that participate can gain "favor", or OOC points, for posts each day that can be used as points in a raffle for familiar door prizes.

*butts in*

I'd be into this! Watch the Skies being like snooty private school teacher, talking to parents about the benefits of being raised in polite society, with the right balance of discipline and nurture, she will guide you or your children into proper ladies and gentlemen. Why yes, the class on invaders from the stars IS compulsory and is NESSISARY LIFE KNOWLEDGE.  

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:49 pm
Scaramouche Fandango

Araucana

Ruriska

Okay, I've finally gotten my thoughts together for what exactly I had in mind for an opening event.

Like I said in the post above this will be a sort of Open House with little demonstrations from each of the kin willing to participate. It's not mandatory at all, though! There will be a few members-only prizes, however!

Ideally I'd like the event to run from midnight of the 1st, so as soon as it's EXACTLY the 1st to 11:59 pm of the 12th.
We can split the demonstrations according to how many kin are going to be holding one, with several days dedicated to participating in each one. You'd each be running each display/demo/class however you and your kin would see fit.

On my end Pear Flower will have either have a tea brewing or flower arranging display and Peach Blossom will be the Host (keeping attendance, making sure all guests are comfortable and well accommodated).

Scara - Do you want to have Dead On Time do something? This mostly started with your idea of him doing an art class and display. You could have the first days.

Emmy - You mentioned Watch The Skies talking to the attendees much like a private school teacher would to the parents of school children, is there anything else you'd like her to do? A demonstration on star watching and invader preparedness would be delightful!
What about Clove? Would you want her to do something as well?

Ruri - omg Vital Sign. As a Finishing School initiate she would be heavily impressed upon to do a demonstration of what she's learned so far (which we can do here soon, I'll start something tonight) ... despite Pear's absolute dread of what will happen. She could also maybe help Peach with taking care of guests and prospective members?

Kin prizes are:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The flowered kids. So, the doe with Pear's horns and the twins.

I'll updated with familiars once I've bribed for them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:09 pm
YES I would love to have Dead on Time do something. I've even got an idea as to what that thing is. You know those classes where you drink wine and eat cheese and paint a canvas? One of those... only, not with a canvas. With a piece of flat slate, some earth-based pigments (ochre, that sort of thing), and goose quill brushes. And some nice drinks and candied fruits.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm
LOLLI qAq

Ruri - omg Vital Sign. As a Finishing School initiate she would be heavily impressed upon to do a demonstration of what she's learned so far (which we can do here soon, I'll start something tonight) ... despite Pear's absolute dread of what will happen. She could also maybe help Peach with taking care of guests and prospective members?

Loving those prizes.

and LMAO AHAHAHAHhahahAHAH she will demonstrate exactly what she's learned so far 8DDD i'm so sorry pear, your dread is well founded but she will DO HER BEST OKAY.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 pm
Scaramouche Fandango
YES I would love to have Dead on Time do something. I've even got an idea as to what that thing is. You know those classes where you drink wine and eat cheese and paint a canvas? One of those... only, not with a canvas. With a piece of flat slate, some earth-based pigments (ochre, that sort of thing), and goose quill brushes. And some nice drinks and candied fruits.

OH GOOD, perfect! Once I know what Emmy thinks I'll draft up a calendar of the event. <3

Ruriska
Loving those prizes.

and LMAO AHAHAHAHhahahAHAH she will demonstrate exactly what she's learned so far 8DDD i'm so sorry pear, your dread is well founded but she will DO HER BEST OKAY.

xDDD OH, DEAR.
I will start their first "lesson" RP here in a sec. Gotta answer a few things with Story first.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:21 pm
I look forward to it. 8D  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:37 am
LOLLI qAq
Emmy - You mentioned Watch The Skies talking to the attendees much like a private school teacher would to the parents of school children, is there anything else you'd like her to do? A demonstration on star watching and invader preparedness would be delightful!
What about Clove? Would you want her to do something as well?
I think mostly I just want her to hone in on her destiny to be a kin version of an old school headmistress ahaha but will include FAIRY GODPARENTS ahem, alien references on the sly. She knows most people won't believe her right off the bat so she's subtler and believes she'll have the best luck with young minds. Her generation is just FAR TOO COMFORTABLE TO FACE THE TRUTH.

As for Clove, I'd still like her to take the role of resident councillor/confidant but if Pear Flower has job for her to manage for the event she will eagerly help out! She's so amenable, feel free to saddle her with whatever and I'm happy to RP it out as part of the event! But truely her talents are with helping the fragile too too-tough-for-their-own-good, she's a good listener and comfort. <3  

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:47 am
Araucana

Okay! <3
So what if we had a giant party/banquet set-up that Watch could do a "this is what you can expect from a standard function" sort of a deal with while Clove could help Peach Blossom out as a host and tour-guide of the tribe lands? She could answer questions and field any complaints before they make it back to Peach or Pear?  
OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff