Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] That Sinking Feeling (Towards the Sun x Rolling Stone)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:23 pm
User Image Towards the Sun was having a pretty good day. The sun was out and it was fairly warm for the time of year that it currently was which was always a nice little gift from the sky. He had found a rather long blade of swamp grass to chew on as he walked, more to give his mouth something to do than to eat it. Ah, another lazy day...they really were his favorite.

He meandered through the swamp, sticking to higher ground to avoid the murky water. It was warmer than usual thanks to the summer heat, but now that the days were getting shorter everything was starting to get that little n** to it that hinted at winter. For now, though, he thought only about how beautiful the day was and now thankful he was for the warmth of the sun. Towards the Sun was a very 'live in the now' sort of buck, after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Typically, Rock was the type to revel in the change of the seasons, the way it changed the song of the land. She could usually be found lounging in a sun bath or galloping through the underbrush that was growing brittle under Fall's sway, free of the thorns and low boughs of Summer.

However, she was not-so-typically caught in the mire that came between the seasons.

She was a big girl (and proud!), and during one such gallop through dying foliage, she had barreled directly into the mush that comes from the land warming and freezing: thick, unforgiving muck that gripped her strong legs the more she tried to break free, holding her fast to her chest. Had she been lighter or of the fairer races, she might have been able to glide over the muck with little else but a sticky hoof, but no - blessed as a plainstrider as she was, she had sunk in after only a few fumbled steps, stuck between one patch of dry land and the next.

Delightful.

What was a girl to do? It was funny! For now, anyway. She might think otherwise once she was hungry. And Rock, being the most open of heart (and patient to wait for the night to cool so she could step up easier), did the most logical thing she could: she began to sing, a wordless song of amusement at her predicament.

SilverLutz
HI HELLO HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY DESPITE CAKE SHENANIGANS

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:10 pm
Towards the Sun spat out the little blade of swamp grass as he passed by a patch with bigger, heartier grass. He took a few moments to select his new chew toy and pulled it out by the base, giving him a much longer stalk to work with. Satisfied, he pressed on through the swamp, enjoying his little stroll. It wasn't until one ear swiveled to the left, catching the singing, that he realized he wasn't alone in the area.

Turning himself in the direction of the song, Towards the Sun was quite surprised to see a colorful Kiokote rather stuck in the mud. Well...that wasn't something he expected to see.

"Hello," he said, tilting his head to the side. "Nice day...ah...are you in need of assistance?" He wasn't too sure how he'd help, but he wasn't about to walk off with the female literally in muck up to her chest. He had to at least try! If she wanted his help of course.

Chrystali
IT WAS SUPER I GOT MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL PLAYER'S JERSEY SO THAT MADE UP FOR IT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 pm
Rock was about to figure out words to sing her plight when a new voice interrupted her thoughts and derailed her song. The Kiokote apparently hadn't been expecting an audience, turning her head and blinking at the Kimeti buck with surprise.

His question earned a warm reply of laughter, light and not at all concerned, though she probably should have been. Rock wasn't exactly known for her sense of worry. "I might be," she managed out to between chuckling, "I think I'm stuck!" She paused, flicking her short mane around against her neck. "Correction -- I know I'm stuck. But if there's -- some way out, I haven't seen it, thought it, found it."

Unperturbed, she smiled at him, her short tail shifting in a friendly gesture, though mostly just tossing a bit of mud. "I'm Rolling Stone - Rock, if you please. Quite a nice day out, hm? Even with the sudden mudbath."

SilverLutz
WELL THAT'S AWESOME I'M GLAD :'D!! <3

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 pm
The female's reply was music to his ears, both literally and figuratively. Sunny was a pretty laid back guy and it seemed this Kiokote was the same. He didn't do too well with kin that got anxious or stressed out easily, so to know that she wasn't too upset with being stuck let him keep his relaxed mindset.

"Towards the Sun," he said, offering his name in return with a grin. "But you can call me Sunny. Being stuck can't be too fun so I'll try to help you out." He chomped down on the swamp grass between his teeth as he circled the muddy patch in which Rock was stuck. His hoofs sunk in a bit as he got closer but not nearly as much as she had. He was built a bit lighter than she, so perhaps he wouldn't sink in.

"I think I might try bringing one of these branches to you," he said, nodding to some rather long branched trees not too far form where they stood. "See if we can pull you out that way."

He headed over to the trees and spat out the grass to allow himself as much power as he could and grabbed the end of a branch. He began to drag it, still attached to the tree, back to the mud hole.

"Okay," he said through clenched teeth. "I'm gonna...give you this...and you hang on-" As he was speaking the tree branch decided to give out. It snapped clean in two, sending Sunny tumbling backwards into the mud with Rock. Perhaps if she hadn't been there he might have made it out, but he ended up pressed against her side and quickly sank up to his chest in the muck.

"Ah...nuts."

Chrystali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 pm
"Sunny," she echoed, cheerful in all her muck prison, "can't go wrong with a name like that."

Her ears flicked forward, watching and listening with a polite interest. "Alright Sunny, but be careful. You're a sweetheart, I'm glad you came by." No big deal. Not like she was stuck in the mire of the Swamp. She was at ease, and he was kind, and it made the whole situation a lot more mellow than one might think.

She heard it, though -- the soft sort of crackle that warned of a branch too taut to bear its weight. Rock mostly was familiar with the sound when the snow was too heavy, but now... "Sun--!" she tried to speak up, but a touch too late; Rock gasped and immediately stuck out her neck as far as she could, as if to protect him from disappearing into the muck entirely. MotherFather forbid he ended up head down -- she didn't want his heroic efforts to go out like that. It'd be too tragic and she'd have to sing about it for the rest of her life.

Instead, he was pressed against her side, just as deep in the muck. His seemingly nonplussed reply made her blink -- and then throw her head back and laugh, a deep sound that was open and mirthful. "Oh, Sun--Sunny, that was -- a heroic attempt. An epic tale!" To which she dissolved into laughter again, not at all cruel, but mirthful, as if it were the best possible outcome.

It wasn't, but it certainly made her day memorable.

SilverLutz

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm
Sunny struggled to get somewhat upright rather than leaning heavily on Rock, but each time he moved he sunk a little further. Well then, that wasn't going to work.

"Epic fail as well," Sunny hummed thoughtfully, his eyes flicking this way and that for some sort of something to chew on. A twig, a blade of grass, anything! But everything was woefully out of reach.

"At least we're stuck together," he said after a moment's thought. "Better than being stuck alone." He grinned up at her although he could tell this wasn't the best situation to be in. Not that he was worried, oh no. He'd only get worried when he started to get hungry. He happened across Rock, surely someone would happen across them as well.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:10 pm
"You didn't land on your head," she commented gently, using her nose and cheek to wipe off some of the muck on Sunny, "could have been worse. And I certainly can't complain about the company."

The Kiokote chuckled and heaved a sigh, settling in the mire. "I was going to just wait until the sun started to go down and the mud started to harden enough for me to walk on." Rock shrugged as much as her fast hold would allow. "The Swamp has better plans for us than being held here forever, I'm fairly sure." She wasn't sure what the Swamp's plans were, but she was certain her song wouldn't end here.

SilverLutz

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:05 pm
Sunny held still as Rock helped clean him off a bit which was much appreciated. He wasn't overly fond of the thought of mud drying all over his face. There were some things even he got grumpy over.

"Oh, that's a good idea," he said as Rock to him her plan. "I like it. And maybe I'll be able to get out before you and can help like I was going to." He nodded, glad that there was something to try.

"So, what brings you around these parts?" he asked, looking up and over at Rock. "Usually your kind aren't in the woods, right?" He knew there were some that lived among the trees and the swamp, but generally they weren't from around here.

Chrystali

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff