[Bonfire PRP] Wood you like some help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soldier of Song

Bear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Initially, Engage To Heal had wanted nothing to do with the festival his Acha ally had described to him. His mind had immediately gone to everything that could go wrong, and as for the tribe Fury was involved in -- he wasn't ready for that type of environment just yet. Instead, he'd taken her up on the suggestion to seek out firewood to keep the bonfire going, picking past throngs of cheerful, celebrating kin to more secluded ground, beginning his search.

Despite the Kio's large frame, and how utterly different the Swamp was from the plains he'd called his home, he moved quietly and cautiously through the mire. Even as his eyes scanned for pieces of viable firewood, there was an underlying tension to his muscles, ears ever-alert for the sound of any disturbance that might require some quick dealing with.

Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Foolproof was skittish on being in the swamp...all by herself. She didn't think the swamp was that bad! She loved the smell and all the pretty flowers and greens that grow here it's just...there are TOO many places to hide, TOO many places to watch your prey. In the open plains at least she can see if there are anyone after her. But she can't complain now. She was here to have a good time and had agreed to collect firewood for everyone.

"Wish I didn't do it alone though," She whispered to herself. "Wished I asked someone to go with me."

She saw a large wood a little ways off at the edge of the swamp and trotted over to it, thinking it would be good enough to add to the pile....until she saw that it was wet.

Her face turned gloomy. "No good." She nudged the wood, only a bit, but that was all it took to send the large piece to topple over, creating a big splash.

"Ah!" She scrambled back and looked around, to make sure it didn't draw any attention to her.  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Soldier of Song rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Soldier of Song

Bear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:25 am
    With a splash like that, it was hard not to grab some attention. Engage To Heal was immediately on the defensive, swiveling to find the source of the sound and startling at the sight of the other Kiokote just a little ways away. He shook his head and when he opened his eyes, she was still there. It was hard to say whether that was reassuring or not, but he hesitated for only a moment before beginning his approach, ears laid flat back.

"Firewood?" he questioned, hoping she'd get what he was trying to ask -- he could only assume she was involved in the festival also. He carried some kindling on his back, obviously put to the same task, but at the last second the buck's hoof stepped into a puddle far deeper than it looked. Caught by surprise, his body lurched and sent the wood tumbling into it.

At that, he could only snarl in frustration. It seemed both Kiokotes were having some difficulty with this terrain!

-1 point / 0 total

Chibi_Kokoro143

Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:08 am
"Y-yes. For the Fes-festival." As she stammered at the big Kio who appeared before her. She couldn't help but stare at him. For his brown fur (???) reminds her so much of the earth...and he had unique markings.

She let her guard down for only a moment but she then jumped back and yelp as he stumbled, losing his kindling to the swamp. She was glad she wasn't the only having trouble.

But to make it up for both their losses and to show she wasn't lying about looking for firewood, she saw a big log hiding behind a tree and she slowly made her way over to it, tugging at a branch. "This. We can use. Help?"

She was using incomplete sentences and couldn't help it. Though the Kio might seem kind...she is still skittish. For all she knew, this log could go to waste if he choose not to help her.

4 Points

Soldier of Song

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Soldier of Song rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Soldier of Song

Bear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:58 am
    The doe's stuttering was not lost on Engage To Heal. She was clearly fearful, though whether it was of him specifically, or just timid in general, he couldn't know. He only watched her carefully as she moved towards a promising piece of wood, then, grunting in assent, the buck moved to join her in hefting the heavy piece back.

While he hadn't expected nor wanted to work with another kin, Engage To Heal could at least find this doe agreeable. Of course, he wasn't so quickly put to ease, but he at least felt safe enough to focus more on the task than any danger she might present -- clearly none at all.

Taking only a moment to decide the best way to carry this back, he then nosed his way under one side of the log, until part of it was laid across his shoulders. Nodding to the other side of the lopsided log, he directed, "There. We walk together." So long as they kept it balanced between the two of them, their mouths would be free to pick up any more pieces of wood. Speaking of... Engage To Heal glanced away for a moment, spotting more fallen logs nearby, but by the looks of them, they were far too wet to be of any use.

He grumbled a little at that, but waited patiently for the doe.

+4 points (Chibi's roll) / 4 total

Chibi_Kokoro143

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 am
"Oh-Okay." She stuttered again. She was relieve that the other Kio decided to help her, trust her, into helping pulling this log.

As she concentrated on matching her steps with his a slither of doubt crossed her mind. What if he decides to stop helping? What if he changes his mind about trusting her? What if he decides to take all the credit for all the logs? What if-?!

She shook her head and went back to concentrating. "No," she thought. "No thoughts like that right now. I need to concentrate."

Oh how she wished she was in the open fields again, to run and leave all those doubts behind....

She then saw some log a little pass the other Kio's leg but then saw how damp it was.

The other Kio's leg...? She realized she doesn't even know the other's name. "Name Foolproof. You?"

Soilder of Song
Sorry for the late reply! I checked my notices on my phone and realized this morning that I didn't reply

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Soldier of Song rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Soldier of Song

Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:03 pm
    While her speech might not have been the most confident, the doe's steps were sure-footed as any Kio's, and Engage To Heal was satisfied. With their pace set, he could refocus back onto their task, eyes darting around for any viable kindling again as well as, instinctively, any threats the swamp might pose. After all, they were in a bit of an awkward position should fast action be required.

Introductions completely slipped Engage To Heal's mind -- but, didn't such pleasantries always slip his mind nowadays? He glanced at Foolproof on her side of the log, not far at all really, and quickly looked away with a snort that might almost have been amused. The name seemed appropriate. Fool had become a familiar nickname to him, when he'd refused to give his actual name, just as he did now.

"Ah—I don't think so," the buck answered, not unkindly. It was possible that she might even mistake that dismissal as his name, I Don't Think So, but anything was preferable to uttering the name he'd come to resent. Engage To Heal simply carried on, spotting a tree with a low-hanging branch and giving a quick nod towards it before guiding them towards it.

He managed to snap it off cleanly with his teeth, taking care to keep the log still balanced across his tensed shoulders as he reached up. Provided Foolproof wanted to talk any more, Engage To Heal could probably try talking around the branch now in his mouth. As if his voice didn't already sound garbled enough with his gravelly tone!

+4 points / 8 total

Chibi_Kokoro143
    No worries! You don't have to tag every day or anything. :9 Whenever's clever!

Chibi_Kokoro143 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:33 pm
"Oh." She said in a hush whisper. She didn't know if that was his name or not...but if it was the later, she didn't want to seem like a fool in front of him. And just like her namesake, she rather not be.

But if it was for the later, she would assume...that he didn't want to tell her, which hurts.

Maybe...he doesn't trust her enough? Can she gain some trust? Would he trust her eventually?

She saw a leaf branch, snapped it from the tree, and placed it on HER back. Maybe if she was more diligent and carried more of her own weight maybe he would see her as someone reliable.

She turned her head to search the murky swamp for more branches.

Soldier of Song

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Soldier of Song rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Soldier of Song

Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am
    Engage To Heal was surprised by the sudden burst of determination from the timid doe. She looked like she had the right idea, though he had to keep himself from warning Foolproof not to overburden herself, the log digging into his shoulders an ever-present reminder. Still, she was proving herself to be a useful companion, leading them straight to another good piece. He hesitated a moment, then craned his beck to place the branch he'd already collected onto his back as well, before picking up the next one. When it came down to it, it just felt good digging this teeth into the bark.

Between the two of them, they had collected a good amount of firewood. They could probably head back to the festival now, but the thought of it still gave Engage To Heal a stab of dread. Among the throngs of kin gathered around the bonfire, he would catch glimpses of phantoms -- kin who he knew were meant to be dead, only to reveal themselves as strangers, a trick of the dancing firelight, driving him into the relative isolation of the Swamp again. However, he could not help but wonder about Foolproof. Engage To Heal had not allowed himself to meet many Kiokote in the Swamp, of the already very few tenuous relations he did have. This felt like an opportunity, though for what, he wasn't sure.

"Did you come from the Plains?" he rumbled out what must have seemed like a non-sequitur between the pauses of their sparse words. It was not a topic he himself liked to discuss, at the risk of dredging up bad memories (that were always present anyway), but it was a question he felt a yes or no would suffice, and what he expected from his just-as-quiet companion anyway.

+4 points / 12 points total

Chibi_Kokoro143
    Oh hey, I re-calculated my points and it turns out I have enough. I don't know where you're at with points, but in case we both have enough, did you want to continue with the RP once we finish rolls?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 pm
She kicked a wet log out of the ways a bit before turning to the other Kio when he asked her a question.

"Y-yes, I am. Came to the swamp for the party, but I will go home afterwards."

Home...how she missed the plains. It was the only place she knew and where she felt comfortable. Running through the open fields and leaving her worries behind on the dust, yes, that was home.

But she decided to come to the swamp, out of her comfort zone. Why? She couldn't say for sure but she believed that...that it was okay to be adventurous. Even if it was this one time.

She looked at the ground, not exactly looking at the kin herself but she asked. "How about you? From the plains as well?"

Soldier of Song
I'M SO SORRY! I keep on forgetting to reply to rps *dont check notices via mobile* I'm not really doing it for points, but yes. i would like to continue! 4laugh

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items