Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] Spice Up Your Life (Falair)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:54 pm
Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +1 rp point for completing, and another +1 point if you managed to go over 800 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +1 rp point for completing, another +1 if you managed to go over 800 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Yayoi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:55 pm
There was apparently some sort of pumpkin spice fad going on during this time of year. It was interesting to watch to be honest. The mare had discovered quite a few...interesting things about the whole pumpkin spice craze.

People were crazy about it.

Pumpkin spiced coffees, foods, teas...things that didn't need pumpkin spice flavorings. Who would eat pumpkin spiced meats and cheeses? Or use pumpkin spiced facial creams? It almost reminded her of that one time a similar spice fad broke out on the Famine island and everyone had gone crazy for it. Even then she could not understand the thinking of those people who just had to have it.

But it seemed today she would be tasked with making something for someone. A..pumpkin spiced something to be exact.It got her wondering if they used real pumpkins or something artificial. And how did they know what pumpkins tasted like. As far as she knew pumpkins were mostly used in breeding. That thought was kind of gross but then cannibals were not as uncommon as one would think.

She was pretty sure baby pumpkins weren't used but oh wouldn't that be scandalous?

Falair needed a base and what she was handed didn't quite make sense. Static had handed her lip stick. She was...suppose to pumpkin spice lip stick? Apparently this ghoul was super into this pumpkin spice craze if she was trying to lip stick.

Quote:
12: Make-up.

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Yayoi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:56 pm
Ok, she had her base. Lip stick. Yes. Well, it wasn't much of a base really. Again she was considering just why this person wanted pumpkin spiced lipstick. It just didn't sound right to her. But she shrugged, standing there clutching the lipstick until she was give a container that contained the 'fabled' spice of the pumpkin.

And then it struck her. How the heck was she suppose to get the spice into the lipstick. Looking at the lip stick container then back to the spice container. Falair did this several times. Still confused on just exactly how any of this made any sense. How was she expected to do this with such limited supplies. It was almost as it the ghoul wanted her to work magic or some sort of miracle.

She sighed before settling the lipstick down on the table. Leaving it open of course. Lifting the spice container she just dumped the whole thing onto the lip stick. Hoping maybe someone it would just...infuse itself. Or something to that accord. Falair put the cap back onto the lipstick. Wiping some of the spice off the container.

Here goes nothing.

Falair still had reservations about this whole process. It just didn't seem quite successful to her. And it brought her back to her days where she was first starting out with alchemy. Those were embarrassing days. And this whole task was embarrassing. She could have made the ghoul a proper pumpkin spice lip stick if she were back at home. But she wasn't and had little prep time or materials. You couldn't just take one thing and smoosh it together with something else! It just didn't work that way.

Trust her. She had tried.

She knew this was going to be an utter failure before she had even presented the item to the teacher person. And it made her sad. Falair did not enjoy hanging over sub part things. Well, unless she was trying to get rid of potions and powders that were failures.

Quote:
1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)

Yayoi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Ok good. She thought she was pretty much done with this whole thing. Never again did Falair want to try and pumpkin spice up some lip stick. Unless it had some useful purpose but this just seemed like a super big waste of minimal supplies, time and her brain. In fact, it made her brain hurt just a little bit.

Yea, she never wanted anything to do with pumpkin spice stuff again. The mare was totally over this fad.

When she went to present her horrible creation she found that she was alone. The building was empty. Not a hide nor hair could be seen of Static. She stood there, dumbfounded. Clutching the tube of lip stick that was shoved full of spice. Was this some cruel trick? It had to be. This Static person seemed pretty flaky. How dare she not wait until Falair was finished?!

Now she was stuck with this pumpkin spice filled tube of lip stick. No, no, Falair was not going to be stuck with this. No one would ever know she had participated in it's horrible and unfounded creation. She went to the nearest trash bin and tossed the tub into it. The mare was done with this task. If the female wasn't going to stick around to appreciate the mind numbing process she had to have gone through to do her little task then Falair was not going to worry about whether or not the product she had created got to Static.

Quote:
1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces