Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] Spicing Everything Up! [926words, +2 Mahlan]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:22 am
Class
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +1 rp point for completing, and another +1 point if you managed to go over 800 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +1 rp point for completing, another +1 if you managed to go over 800 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Rathurue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:23 am
Liquid chosen
Liquid fertilizer xp

Oh, so many things to try out at the Prime October month! Mahlan has been hopping around and around, attending some lectures and making other things as she pleases. As she strolled from one classes to another, still dressed in the Peter Fang outfit, her petals tasted...no, smelled the characteristic smell of...chemicals? No, is it...hormones? Pheromones? She can't resist this smell, and like a fly to flycatcher's pot, she was attracted like a zombie to the source of the sweet smell.

This is the first time Mahlan smelled that smell-the legendary aroma of Pumpkin Spice (it's not even clear whatever the substance was made using ANY pumpkin at all. At least, she can't feel anything remotely 'plant'-based from the substance.

"Whaaazziiiiiittttt thiiiiiisssss ittttttt smeeeeeels heeevvveenlllleeeehhhh..." Slurred the Plant Spirit, tottering into the room like a zombie, surprising few students...and the ToT-er acting like the lecturer, Static, after overcoming the shock, quickly pulled Mahlan in and made her ate a FEAR tablet, offhandedly saying there has been cases like this where plant or animal-based students overreacting to the smell of the substance like it's a drug or something, and the pill was made to dull their senses. After a while Mahlan regains the control of her body and quickly acted out like she's joining the class.

With a sigh and a dismissing grin, Static mutters something like a 'bzzt bzzt veeep' and gestured...rather wildly at the table, full with ingredients. At the blackboard was the large, punk-style stylized writing of "Let's PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING" and the rest of the class was like, mixing orange powder from large shaker-like container into...

-many kind of things. No, seriously. She can see radish pulp, cut-open melon, some steak of sorts, a fresh cut of marbled meat, bone meal, TOMBSTONE, hair tonic...what the actual heck. Or the actual heck, since static handed her a barrel of...liquid fertilizer. Really?
OOC

Name: Mahlan Ulmace
Affliction: Amityville/Y1 Ghost Student
Link to Dorm: Here!

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

Rathurue rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:26 am
How much pumpkin spice put in: PERFECT (+5)

Now to the drawing board...err, cooking table, or more accurately mixing table, Mahlan was provided with another shaker-shaped container of pumpkin-spice flavoring. Now she must mix this heavenly powder...err, scratch that, this flavoring agent with the liquid fertilizer as base.

-but before that, she made sure to swallow another pumpkin-spice antidote pill. Getting too close with the powder still made her a bit woozy...and not to mention, this fertilizer's-

*gulp*, she audibly swallowed her saliva. As a plant spirit, any kind of fertilizer was like getting a rich soup that has been carefully stewed over how many hours on low heat, bringing the deep flavor without any hints of bitterness; it's like the perfect meal, delicately prepared. And now, she needed to make that already perfect dish a BASE. A goddamned base to create something even better.

Mahlan's breathing became rough, and her pupils looked like a hunter's before their prey, making several students around her table backed off from their position. Truly, they can sense their own FEAR overflowing out. So how should she do this? First, a taste of the fertilizer---
"Ngggggh!" Mahlan held back her scream, back arching in ecstasy; another step back from the surrounding students. While breathing heavily, the plant spirit wiggled her body seductively. "S...ssso thiss is the taste of undiluted fertilizerr---Hngh!"
Now for the pumpkin spice- she dipped her finger into the powder, brought it into her mouth---

And convulsed again.
The sap globules on her body has been oozing everywhere since she tasted the fertilizer went into overflow, drenching the surrounding area with gooey, sweet-smelling, gold-colored sap. The students has since long fled the classroom by the time she recovered from the trance-like stat she was locked in. So this is the power of LEGENDARY pumpkin spice...the destructive power is too high!

But she know how it tasted now. The taste was so addictive-the container on her hand has lost about a third of the contents by her licking it. She know the taste of both...and how it should be mixed.

After all, plants was master of mixing. They took in water, nutrients and light, mixing it to produce everything not unlike the original materials. Still shivering from the experience, she took the measuring glass and the mixer.

And then 'it' was born. The legendary mixed drink for any plant-type Halloweener, the 'Uprooter'.

OOC

Rathurue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:28 am
...how long has she passed out? She did remember tasting the blend before everything's blacked out. But as she awakened, in her hand was a container full of strangely chocolate-colored liquid. It was sealed with several airtight locks and further ziplock bags, preventing everything, smell or anything to escape from the thing. Mahlan brought her hand near her mouth, wiping off the remains of the liquid-if she licked it, nobody knows WHEN she will regain consciousness again. On the table was one smaller glass filled with the supposedly same liquid, in same treatment like the bottle in her hands; this must be the sample for Static the 'her' from the past secured before fainting.

Well, there's only one thing to do now. Exerting willpower to make her body move, she took small steps with the still-shivering body, passing the sample to the ToT-er. After looking at her condition, Static gestured with a dance that she should stay away...for her own safety.

Swirling the liquid like one would do with aged wine, the ToT-er suddenly gulped the contents of the glass in one gulp...after convulsing a little, Static gave a passing grade...with extra note of 'plant-based student should only drink this diluted', done in flag-symbol dance.

[PASS!]
OOC

The Judge and jury verdicts: 5+6 = 11 (begrudgingly pass)  

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces