Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:51 am
All of the activity and assignments hadn't left much time for anything outside of work in the labs. Time, of course, had been made for training, for meals, and for sleep but lately the largest chunk had been taken up in the lab. Rory had seen more strands of various DNA and more so far unexplained things within the last year than he had in his life. People could talk to pokemon, people had somehow come back from the dead, Sharpedo had turned up dead...it was enough to keep a scientist busy for quite a while.

But now it was Halloween...and more important than that, it was another special day and he was determined to make time for to celebrate it properly.

He'd heard mention of some haunted house in Ambergris from some of the others and hoped to catch her before she had the chance to head in to town if she planned on going.

The Pokedoll in his hand had a little bow on its head as he held it behind his back when he spotted her. "Tambrey!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 am
Aside from the obvious fact that it was the day she was born, Tambrey found Hallowe'en special because, well, quite simply it was her favourite holiday. A large part of that likely sprung from the nostalgia of sharing her birthday with it when she was younger, but she had an appreciation for the holiday itself on its own merits.

Thus, after quickly changing from her uniform on her way out via a restroom, Tambrey could be found in the lab foyer, signing out and turning in some standard daily reports dressed up, somewhat, as a Purrloin.

A purple costume in the form of a purple dress with a shortish ruffled skirt, purple leggings that terminated at her ankles and dainty white slip-on shoes was accessorized with a distinctively shaped tail and a fluffy Purrloin-ear headband. A smudge of black on her nose, white face paint to ape the cat pokémon's markings applied to her forehead, and pink eyeshadow finished off the effect, though she still wore her glasses, and her black hair was fixed into a ponytail.

Rory's shout brought the Purrloin-woman's attention up from the terminal she had just finished submitting data to from her pad, and she smiled.
"Rory!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:56 pm
The smile had him grinning when her attention turned away from the terminal, the costume catching his eye. The makeup used to make the markings of a Purrlion was amazing and the smudge of black on her noses was just adorable. There was a small feeling of being a bit under dressed, having only discarded his lab coat and yet to change but there would be time for that later.

Keeping the Pokedoll behind his back, he went to her, kissing her lightly on the cheek and making sure he didn't smear any of the work that went into her costume.

"Happy birthday."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:30 pm
"Thanks!" Tambrey grinned in return at the kiss on the cheek and the birthday wish. If she'd noticed he was still hiding something behind his back she hid it well.
"So what do you think? I, um, nearly went with 'witch' but then I got all, um, ambitious..." She posed, gesturing at herself, at her costume.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:22 pm
Rory stepped back to take another look over her costume. "You look great," and she did; she'd put it together perfectly. "It puts all the other Purrlions to shame," he teased.

"I got something for you."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:50 am
"There are other Purrloins?" Tambrey asked, sounding, and looking, a little put-out for a moment at the thought of there being other people around with the same costume, but then she grinned, showing she wasn't actually serious about that.
"I would, um, hope so! I spent a whole putting it together."

A look of mild, pleased, surprise was next to find it's way to her face.

"Oh? You know, um, you didn't have to right?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 am
He tried to come up with something to say to that; he hadn't seen any other human Purrlions walking around but he wasn't aware of all the costumes wandering around the base for the day. But her grin let him know she was simply teasing. "It's perfect."

The pleased, surprised look on her face made him smile.

"I know I didn't have to but I wanted to."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:29 pm
Already, she was sort of leaning more and more to the side, like she was trying to peer around him, even standing on tip-toes, as though it would help at all, trying to see what he was hiding back there.

"I'm glad. If it wasn't, it would have been a long time working on a, uh, failure..." Not that was /so/ uncommon in a genetics lab, but with a Hallowe'en costume she considered to be somewhat simplistic and 'easy' even if she'd worked a bit at it? It definitely would have been disappointing.

"That's a... very very good and hard to argue with answer..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:57 am
"Either way, it's fantastic."

Once she started trying to peer around to see what he was hiding behind his back, he finally moved the Pidgey pokedoll with the bow on its head around for her to see.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:45 pm
"Thank you!" Tambrey smiled at the settled compliment, and then she could see the Pidgey-doll finally.

"Aaaw! Thank you! She's adorable! You shouldn't have, still, but I am happy that you did..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm
"I know but I wanted to and I saw it the last time I was off base and thought of you. Figured she'd look good decorating your room and make a decent birthday gift."

He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I love you."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:43 am
"Aw, she will. I'll have to introduce her to Palu so she doesn't get confused, or jealous, when he first sees her, but she can join Mim'." Tambrey referenced her Marill doll. "Thank you so much."

She took the kiss, then tried to stand on tip-toes to offer a kiss back to Rory's cheek.
"Love you too."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out