[PRP] Story's Secret [Story, Half Truth]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Half Truth couldn't be happier. The sun was shining- though it was nearly winter, this was one of those blessedly warm days with thin sunshine stretching through the chilly air- the birds were chirping, and she was on the move. She was something of a vagabond; a roving wanderer, moving from place to place, pursuing nothing in particular and quite happy about it. It was a beautiful thing freedom; the pursuit of nothing was a real pleasure. Freedom from pressure and responsibility was a fine thing for a young doe- and if she happened to meet any attractive ladies who also liked their freedom and the pursuit of pleasure, well, then that wouldn't be such a bad thing, now would it?

She'd met a few. It had been nice.

But it had been a couple of days since she'd really run into anybody. She was traversing part of the northern swamp, and it was lonely up here. Beautiful, though; there was something devastatingly gorgeous about the loneliness of the pines and oaks. The water here was chilly and she knew it could be treacherously deep in parts- but it was worth it to see sun filtering through birch leaves and gleaming off the white bark. Yes, the trees here were truly gorgeous; it was a real privilege to see them!

As she stopped for a midday meal, she noticed something interesting in the near distance. It was a tree... maybe. It was shorter than most trees, and it was moving. That was weird. Trees didn't normally do that. Hastily swallowing her dried fish and scarfing down the swath of kelp she'd been carrying it in (she'd traded a story for it at the last settlement she'd visited), she trotted towards the tree. "Hello?" she called as she approached. "The, uh, the moving tree over there. Can you talk?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Story had made his way up to the northern part of the swamp where his Birch brethren lived to check on the progress of saplings he'd planted after a fire had swept through many ages ago. His heart was heavy and ached as he wandered and thought about the last time he'd been this way. With his Secret. This was indeed a lonelier part of the world since not many made their way up this far, but the solitude had been good when he'd had a companion to silently walk by his side. A friend to nurture his steadfast family with.

A love that was missing; and potentially gone.

A lump of fear and bile rose in his throat but was quickly swallowed down. It was best to focus on the other task he'd come this way for- Finding her. He wandered more and scanned the area for tale-tell signs of the organized plantings of an orchard. Something Secret had been trying desperately to urge him to partake in.

That was when a voice piped up. Had he become so terribly alone that he was hallucinating the existence of another kin this far north?

"Go," he drawled out, "I will not be bothered by flights of fancy and the tricks of an aging mind."

It took him many wheezing moments to say, and he wondered why he was bothering to say it out loud ... Maybe he really was that alone or the hope she wasn't a figment of his imagination was enough to convince him it was worth the effort.

Scaramouche Fandango
I am so sorry this took so long and it's awful. Thank you for doing this with me.

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:24 pm
"No way, fella," she said, cocking her head and sidling up to him. "You're a talking tree. I'm not going anywhere- I don't care how old you are. You gotta at least tell me your name. Mine's Half Truth." The tree wasn't really a tree, she sussed. More like a kin who was... overgrown. Or something. Perhaps he'd been living in this forest so long plants had grown into his fur. She approached closer, wanting to get a good luck. He really did look like an ambulatory plant- though she was struck by his eyes. They were sad eyes, big sad eyes. But what could make a tree sad?

LOLLI qAq

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff