Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 pm
The first chance he got, Izaya set off to Camphoreon on his break from work. He brought out Riviere just outside the city and asked him to appear as a Growlithe so that the large, uniquely-colored Dark-type wasn't as conspicuous. With that, the pair set to the real task at hand: locating Faleen.

The informant had used one of the pieces of clothing found strewn around the ex-agent's room to give the Zoroark an idea of her scent. He thought he knew it well enough from previous encounters, but his trainer wanted to make extra certain just in case. Using that scent to track her, Izaya hoped to be led straight to the blonde woman - or, at least, whomever was impersonating her.

He knew setting Riviere to find Faleen's scent in a city full of people could have been likened to sending him to search for a needle in a haystack. Even with the pokemon's heightened scenes and abilities, he had to know where to start. Luckily, since Izaya was a born native to Camphoreon City and knew a great many eating places to be found there, he, like Agent Bishop, thought he recognized the diner Faleen had been shown in on her computer screen.

The man didn't want to go in, exactly, since he guessed the higher-ups of Team Rocket probably had the place being watched now and he couldn't say what they'd do if they thought he was poking his nose where it didn't belong. However, he thought that maybe Riviere might have been able to pick up Faleen's scent from near the door leading out. If she had left recently enough, it might just have worked.

Pretending to take his Growlithe for a leisurely stroll, the info broker went to lean by the entrance of the diner in a lesser-known outfit of his with his face hidden by shades. Behind his dark glasses, he could watch Riviere sniff the ground as a canine pokemon to see if he found any leads without appearing too interested at the same time. It was hard to know where one's attention was directed when their eyes were hidden, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 am
By the late afternoon of the next day, The city would again be bustling with all different kinds of people, Pokemon, and vehicles going about their daily routine. The sun hung bright in the sky though the air carried a cold wind through the streets.
An experienced tracker might have been able to pick something up if they had arrived sooner after Faleen had left the diner, but in this case, Riviere would have no luck picking up a scent other than the mixture of odors from the city.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:58 am
"That's alright, Riviere. It was a long shot," Izaya told the Growlithe that turned back toward him, whimpering at his failure. "There are other ways to flush out prey." He returned the Zoroark to his pokeball so that he could stop his illusion and rest.

Taking out his Rocket Dex instead, which he had transferred his Porygon, Chrome, onto from his tablet before he left the base, the man spoke to it. "Chrome, would you mind sending a message to Faleen's dex for me? Say that another traitor is walking around the city and might accidentally screw with her plans if he gets caught."

The Porygon hesitated a bit before typing up the message. Before sending it, however, it popped up a dialog box that asked, 'Are you sure you want to send this message?' with the options of 'Yes' and 'No'.

Izaya had to smile. His pokemon were being more cautious than he was. "Yes, I'm sure. Thanks."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 pm
A reply would not come directly after, or even for a time after. It would be creeping up among the time where it might be apparent that she wasn't going to reply at all when Chrome would receive a reply.

'You will excuse me while I laugh that off won't you? I think we both know what happens when you get caught~ Or at least- I do~
I can tell you're inching for attention though, aren't you Orihara'

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:34 pm
By the time the message reached him, Izaya had bought himself some sushi and was sitting down to eat it in the park. He'd had a lot to think about and ate without tasting much of his favorite food when Chrome alerted him shrilly of the reply and pulled it up. The informant read the words with an impassive expression and began typing up a response.

'Laugh if you like. If you know me, you'll also recall I don't seem to know where to draw lines. So...what'll it be?'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:39 pm
Another few moments would pass before Izaya got another reply, when he opened this one, it would first display what could be descried as a 'selfie'

Faleen standing outdoors, the beach and boardwalk peeking out from over her shoulder, hair blowing in the wind around a grinning face, a full genuine grin that seemed even much more different then times Faleen would smile when talking about Robots.
Her fingers held up in a victory sign and one eye close in a wink
The texts below wrote
'I'm counting on that fact. Come find me, if you can.'  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:35 pm
Closing the message, the crimson-eyed man stuck his dex in his pocket, put away the remains of his sushi, and threw away his trash. Then he promptly got up and started walking very quickly through the city to get to Camphoreon's shoreline. He used the fastest route he knew which included several back streets and alleyways.

It irked him that he couldn't trust his depth perception to use parkour as he once did since he felt it would have been a lot faster. At least he didn't have to attempt to escape Shizuo at the moment because with his new handicap, he really could have been killed.

At last he made it to the beach and looked about. Now where was that boardwalk...? Pulling out his dex, he looked at the image he had been sent to check the background against it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:55 pm
While looking around, he wouldn't have a difficult time finding the location the picture had been taken at, though he wouldn't find any familiar faces anywhere near.
The boardwalk was a lot less busy then it usually was, the shops lined up along the streets were mostly vacant, half of them closed down for the season as tourists rarely came to the beach when it got cold.
But that didn't mean that there were not come shops with open signs hanging by their doors.
The bars were still open, as where a few souvenirs shops and restaurants. a near by salon had its door open with a women standing in the doorway, looking out at the ocean, chatting to a man sitting outside of a small Pokemon mart.

The wind was cold as it blew over the sand, the crashing waves throwing a constant rushing static into the air. Everything seemed as it should be, though as Izaya would search for the spot, he might notice something strange tied to a railing that was usually left empty.
right in the perfect place to take the picture was tied a long lock of dark blond hair.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:10 pm
The ex-Rocket began to walk along the shops as casually as he could, his hands in his pockets along with his dex. Every now and then he'd stop to peer over his shades as if he were considering entering one, but then he'd continue on his way. He stared at the man and woman conversing for a long while, his mind elsewhere, before eventually moving on.

At last he came to the place at the railing where one could watch the waves meet the sand while tasting the salty sea breeze. He discreetly examined what was tied to the railing before untying it and holding it up to the sun to better see its color. Then he tucked the lock of hair into his pocket, took out his dex, and messaged his phone with the picture he had been sent.

Finally, the info broker walked back to the woman and man outside the salon and PokeMart, greeting them with a wave and a smile. "Hello there," he said cheerfully. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm looking for a young woman who should have been here a little while ago. She has dark blonde hair, hazel eyes, is about this tall, and was standing over there when she sent me this picture." At that, he took out his phone and showed them the selfie he'd received. "Did you happen to see her?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:17 pm
The women blinked when she was interrupted, looking to Izaya as he posed his question, though opened her mouth to answer before he showed her the picture.
"Are you Nakura?" She asked in realization, glancing at the picture and nodding.
"Yeah She was in here a few hours ago, she told me to give this to you. Said you would be here looking for her." reaching into her apron she pulled out a small envelope.

It felt like it had something of weight inside of it.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:24 pm
"Ah - yes," the man answered, his smile freezing a moment. "Thank you. I remember she mentioned her hair was bothering her. I suppose it makes sense she'd stop at a salon." He chuckled lightly as he accepted the envelope and bowed. "Sorry for the trouble."

Not wasting any time, Izaya carefully opened the envelope. This was certainly some scavenger hunt. Was she doing this to play with him?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:38 pm
"Sure." she said, glancing at the envelope as he took it "There's a first time for everything isn't there."

When he opened the envelope a pen would slip out into his hand. there wasn't anything particularly special about this pen. It was black and silver, a normal cheap pen that you would pick up at a bank or grocery store as a freeby.
Like the freeby pens, it was embossed with a company name on it, reading

"Trust is key
Silverlock Financial"

The address printed on the other side of the pen would end up taking Izaya all the way back across town.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 pm
"Eh? Pardon, but what 'first time' do you mean?" he asked. He pocketed both the pen and the envelope, keeping his composure as he looked back at the woman, but inwardly growing frustrated. He really was being toyed with.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 pm
"Uh... well first time I was asked to do something like that." she explained, tilting her head

Izaya would get a message from his dex again
"Drawing the line yet? or are you enjoying yourself? How far have you gotten?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:06 pm
"Oh? And just what was it you were asked to do?" he asked with a playful laugh. "Shave her head bald or something?" Hearing his dex beep, he turned half-way to hide his dex from view as he pulled it out. Though pokedexes may have been common among pokemon trainers, he wasn't certain how recognizable or at least how distinctive a Rocket dex would be to civilians who had never seen it before.

'I'm talking to your hair stylist friend here, as a matter of fact. Why, does your heart ache from the distance between us? I'll bet you just can't wait to see my face again.'

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff