Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:08 pm
While Sync still didn't care for pokemon in the slightest, he at least recognized how useful they could be, and so he'd submitted a request for a special one from the labs shortly after speaking to Tambrey about it. He'd been advised that it would likely take some time to complete, and rather than receive regular updates on its progress, he'd opted to simply be contacted once it finished. A quiet sound from his Rocket 'dex alerted him to that very message sooner than he'd expected, so for the moment he silenced it and and focused on finishing his shift.

A short while later, the Grunt - still dressed in full Grunt uniform - stepped out of the elevator, through the hallways of the base's lowest floor, and into the only door he had clearance to enter. The labs were really strict, it seemed, and for the time being all he could do was let someone else know the reason for his visit and to wait around in the small room for whatever happened next. He wasn't entirely sure; he'd never requested a pokemon from the labs before, after all. Perhaps they'd just hand him the ball like they had when he'd gotten his other pokemon? Maybe, maybe not. Rather than think on it, he merely stood there and waited patiently.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:48 am
A little while later, behind the thick transparent portal (to call it glass would probably be an insult, though Tambrey didn't know the exact specifics of what it truly was) of the door that led to the least secure (but still very very secure) portion of the labs that held holding tanks for viewing, Tambrey's face would pop up. She had to stand on tip-toes to see out properly, but she preferred the personal, actually seeing the person, rather than just checking the cameras (though it was likely she'd done so anyway).

She tapped, waved cheerfully with a smile, and ducked out of view again. A beep, a hiss, and a solid sounding 'click' later, the door swung inward.

"Um, hey!" She stepped out, seemingly deliberately allowing the door the close behind her. She was in a normal Agent uniform, but a lab coat was worn over top; clearly one of her own judging by the fit. "How are you? You, uh, got the message then?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:12 pm
When Tambrey's head poked up from the door window, Sync raised an eyebrow. Well, that answered that question, at least. He turned and stepped closer as she entered the room, and he merely offered her a nod and said, "Yeah, I got it during my shift. It's done already?" He hadn't minded the brief distraction, and he was glad - and still a bit surprised - that the Zorua was ready already. That meant he could begin training it sooner than anticipated, as well, which in turn meant the sooner he could bring it out and put it to good use.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:49 pm
"Mmhm. It, uh, doesn't take long when we have a complete and well studied genome. There's also a lot of, um, automation once the settings are initially worked out. So, uh. Yep. Grown to a suitable point where, uh, she can be placed in a pokéball. So, if you'll hold your 'dex up to the, uh, door? You have temporary clearance, with me, to come into the tank room and make sure you're, well, happy? Oh! Do you have an empty ball?" Tambrey had stepped away from the door and gestured toward it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:58 pm
"Okay," he replied simply. He didn't have any idea how cloning worked, and he didn't particularly care to. Why would he bother when he could just leave it to someone else to figure out, someone who was better qualified and actually wanted to? "I've never requested a pokemon from the labs before, and when I requested this one I was told it would take some time, but not how much time," he elaborated with a shrug. Obviously not as much time as he thought, which was all the better.

Mention of his 'dex brought a curious expression on his face, but it passed just as quickly as he pulled the device out of his pocket. "I don't have an empty one on me, no," he said as he took her place and held his 'dex to the door, curious about this temporary clearance. "I only have what I brought to my shift."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:12 pm
"Mhm. Well, different specifications take different amounts of time but, uh, this one... She was fairly straight forward once the genetics behind, uh, telling what the brain to do were worked out. That was the most complicated part. After that it was, well, uh, just standard pigment and growth acceleration work."

Tambrey explained, and then nodded as the door hissed and beeped, opening to admit Sync into a small 'tank room'. His Zorua, suspended in what appeared to be green gel, was the only Zorua currently in the room, and thus was likely obvious.
"That's okay. Uh, I can give you a ball. Anyway. That's her." Tambrey explained- the door would close behind them, of course. "So, um. Well. Satisfied? I... kind of like to have feedback."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:54 pm
Huh... Apparently it hadn't taken too long to figure out how to accomplish his request. Then again, Tambrey did say she had an idea for it, and that was why he'd specifically requested that she work on it instead of just whoever. Why risk getting some random person assigned to it that couldn't figure out how to do it well, if at all? "That's good then," he responded as he put his 'dex back into his pocket.

As Tambrey continued and even requested feedback, Sync headed deeper into the room and stopped in front of the tank. It was in... green gel? "It's actually alive in there?" He asked somewhat skeptically, one eyebrow raising as he circled the tank to look at the little Zorua from all sides. "Feedback, huh? Well, she looks like any other Zorua, which is good, but I'm more concerned about her abilities. I can't really see those from here," he said as he gestured to the tank. "As far as her appearance goes, I'm satisfied."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 pm
"Hm? Oh yes. It's uh. Suspended. Sometimes they register as conscious but, um, not often. Think of it as something like, uh, an artificial egg yolk? Anyway, that's, uh, good to hear! Abilities we can test in a training room once, uh, hang on," Tambrey crossed to a storage area and produced a standard pokéball that she offered out to Sync "once she's in the ball. There's a port on the, uh, side of the tank there. Pressing the ball to it should, um, 'catch' her. So, whenever you're ready."

The agent nodded to a circular 'dock'; dark, metallic, and with a red light.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:01 pm
"...huh." That sounded kind of gross? Interesting, but gross. Well, if it worked, then whatever. He was a little disappointed that they'd have to test its abilities before he'd know how successful she'd been in making it, but there was little he could do besides assent. Accepting the ball she offered him with a word of gratitude he wasn't sure was completely sincere just yet, the grunt turned around and held the ball to the dock as instructed. "Are there training rooms here, or do you test them in the training rooms in the upper levels?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:35 pm
"We, uh, have testing rooms, which are basically, um, training rooms if you really think about it? But most people seem to like to use the actual, uh, training rooms. I guess they're more comfortable with it. We can use a testing room though, if you'd like? That, uh, would be quite useful, for both of us considering the specifications involved in her."

There was the familiar red light and then the soft chime of capture as Sync called the Zorua into the ball.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm
To Tambrey's question of training rooms, Sync simply shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me which we use," the grunt replied honestly as he pulled the now occupied pokeball away from the dock once it had successfully 'captured' the Zorua. He turned to Tam, appearing ready to follow her whichever way she chose and added, "Though I'm gonna guess the testing rooms are a lot closer than the training rooms upstairs."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:29 am
"Mmhm. Certainly. Much closer, and um, more convenient for me, certainly. Uh. We'll go with Testing Room 1. There's not a lot we really need to test and we're not, um, testing anything potentially... explodey, so that'll work." Tambrey smiled and seemed to have a bounce in her step as she turned on her heel and moved toward what looked like a corridor.

Every door seemed to have to register who was going through them, and they had at least three to get through before they reached the testing room- mostly because, apparently, it was sealed with a safety room before the testing room proper.

The testing room itself was round, with a domed ceiling and very little in the way of any features except for the touch screens and buttons near the door and one inverted dome- clearly a camera of some kind- in the center of the domed ceiling. It seemed to be an unbroken white.

"So, um. Whenever you're ready?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:47 am
"All right," he said with a shrug - it didn't matter to him which room they went to, but it was good that this one was much closer - and he followed Tambrey through the various doors and into the safe, contained dome. "How do you test these?" The grunt asked as he raised the pokeball and released its new occupant into the center of the chamber.

The resulting white light materialized into the form of a petite, thin Zorua, who stood tall and curious for a grand total of two seconds before she immediately hunkered down close to the floor, ears pinned back and bright eyes wide and anxious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:05 pm
"Well, you, uh, want to test her illusion-based skills? Anyway, uh, first of all you want to, you know, bond with her. You two are part of eachother's team now, so, uh, do whatever you do usually when you first get a new pokémon, and then we'll see what she can do?" Tambrey suggested, offering a kind smile toward the Zorua, but gesturing for Sync to go and interact with her.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:35 pm
"That's why I wanted her in the first place, so yes," the grunt responded with a light frown. Bond with her? Seriously? Internally scoffing at the idea, he nonetheless complied and walked over to the tiny dark-type in the middle of the room to kneel in front of her. He said a few words to her - Tam might be able to pick up a couple, such as 'labs' and 'team' - before he straightened back up and returned to stand near the agent, leaving a rather confused but still anxious Zorua in his wake. "So how do you test her illusion abilities? Give commands outright, or does she need to be taught something first?" Granted since illusions were an innate ability of the species, certainly she'd be able to do something at first, right?  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff