[Fin] On the Path [Oliver & Lin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 pm
At times the build of people in the base got to the point of over whelming, it did not help he was stuck rooming with three other people in a room that mainly charitably could be said was meant for two people. He did not like people. He did not like crowded spaces, and on occasion when things just felt pressing and he couldn’t escape to the privacy of his own room (all the reason to be an agent as soon as he could) he went for a walk. In the woods. When it was cold out.

Not freezing, perhaps more brisk, but there was a n** in the air, and even though it was a clear day, he had Firefly his flareon out with him instead of his cottonee. Corri wasn’t much of a fan of the chill. Still, it was rather nice out in the forest, quiet, and soothing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:01 pm
"Good! Now try that again! Come on Acorn, you're getting it!" Came a voice from... somewhere. Nearby but apparently also upward?

Lin was training. He was leaning against the trunk of a tree, standing on a branch, while a pokémon battle happened on another branch close by. They were off the ground by some distance but not quite at half the height of most of the trees.
Jeeves was sat on his shoulder 'helping' or 'supervising', while a Floette with 'pumpkins' apparently growing out of it's head battled with a normal Chespin.

"Peppi, remember how to do that? Match Acorn. Both of you, try a Vine Whip again!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:10 pm
What was that noise. Oliver stepped back, craning his head up, and blinked. Well, that was peculiar. A real life Tarzan child, well truly a teenager but who thought it was a good idea to battle on a tree branch?

"...I am at lost if I should enjoy the free show or call the nearest asylum and ask if they lost a patient," he said, mostly for his flareon's sake who was also giving the ongoing match a quizzical what the fuu- look.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:48 pm
"Nah. Asylum won't take me! Say I'm too crazy for them!" Lin called back cheerfully, after a small start that someone happened to be down there.
"What about you? Walking around in the woods in the cold?"

Lin crouched and moved a little more into view on his branch. A warm brown hooded jacket, and thick grey socks, were added to his usual outfit.
He frowned when he saw the fire type, and made no move to come out of the tree.

The two battling 'mon stopped and looked back at the new arrivals curiously.

Jeeves decided to use his Vine Whip to hang off the branch.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:12 pm
Oliver gave a slight smile. "Well, I think I would be considered with the winter sport enthusiasts. Or a the very worse a bit eccentric. If I start shoving snow in shorts and a sandal, I would be worried about my mental health."

Firefly hmmph, settling by his trainers boots, relaxed.

He looked the Pokemon over, curious. "You work with grass types?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:12 pm
Lin tilted his head, shrugged, and then turned to sit on the branch, back to Oliver, before allowing himself to slip over and view the man by hanging off the branch by his knees.

"I like grass types. I live in the woods. Grass, bug, poison. Tend to be what you find in the woods."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:17 pm
Wait.... ignore the whole, hanging upside down bs. "You live in the woods... why would you want to live in the wood?" He questioned, incredulous. He had needs, his needs were electricity, heat, sound proofing, running water, and a labtop or at the very least a good library of books at the most basic level.

"Yeah? I like grass bugs, and poison types, and I don't live in the woods. " He said dryly.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:32 pm
"Why wouldn't I live in the woods?" Lin asked with an upside down grin. "Why don't you live in the woods? Where do you live? At least you have good taste in pokémon... Er. Outside of present company anyway." Lin nodded, upside down, at the Flareon suspiciously.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:59 pm
"Mmhm, I'm too attached to running water and electricity and books. I like my books and wi-fi connection," Oliver followed Lin's gaze and frowned slightly. "What? Firefly? He's mostly harmless."

<>
The flareon murmured, and promptly stuck out his tongue at the upside down kid.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:26 pm
"I've read books. You can read books without electricity. I even write letters! Well. I'm supposed to write letters. I'll get to it. Wifi? That's like. The internet, right?" Lin upside-down shrugged. "Eh. He's a fire type. I don't like fire types."

<> Stated Jeeves.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:40 pm
"But electricity makes it so much easier, you are not dependent on the sun or weather and fire light can be an irritant." Oliver brow wrinkled slightly at the declaration of writing letters... okay then. "Mmhm, it connects to the internet, it isn't the internet. It is a way to connect without cables."

"Why not? "

Firefly snorted. <> He swiveled an ear, gaze focused on Jeeves. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:46 pm
Lin spun himself back the right way up and planted his butt on the branch, before shrugging again and swinging his legs.

"Internet, not the internet. Computers all the same." He didn't comment on electricity making things easier.
"Just don't like 'em. Well. That's not really fair, I guess. I'm wary of them. Most of my friends are grass types, so fire types are capable of hurting them pretty badly. Or setting forest fires. Which is bad. I like the forests."

Jeeves shook his head.
<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:19 pm
"Mmhm, fire can also be used to clear old growth an bring back the forest into better health then it was if controlled," Oliver replied, stroking slowly over the Flareon's ears.

Firefly snorted. <> He causally lifted a paw, licking it clean. <>  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:10 pm
"Not here, I think. These do well enough without that." Lin insisted and then pointed at Firefly. "As long as he's, uh, not going to set anything on fire though, I guess he's okay. He's fluffy." Apparently Lin liked 'fluffy' things?

<< Ah. Well, then I suppose you harbour the same feelings for those that I do for your type then. Our experiences with fire types using fire attacks, have been unpleasant.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm
Firefly quirked an ear. <>

"It could, burning down a patch would make a open space for grass to grow, which in turns feeds herbivores and well eventually will be taken over by trees." Oliver gave a slightly smile. "He is very fluffy."

<> Firefly replied.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces