[B] A Brand New Beat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:16 pm
The rhythm of the swamp had changed. It wasn't bad, just different. Hooked on a Feeling bobbed her head, humming to the song of the swamp. What was different...? Well. It was probably the expectation of the children to be. Was she hearing their songs now, too? The doe puzzled on this feeling. How very strange.

But the REAL question was, did she like it...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He had felt it all day, that feeling that said a kin was in need. Or in want, as sometimes the case was. And so, he followed.

"Hello, there," the stag greeted as he found the source. A doe, this time. And perhaps one who knew she was expecting; he found those easier to bless.

Moonstone Dazzle

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:36 pm
This one... had an interesting song. Still bobbing her head, Hooked on a Feeling stared at him, trying to figure out the legendary buck before her. She'd heard the stories, of course. You didn't go through life hearing songs like she did without a story or two crossing your path. He was here about the foals, then.

"It's," she started, melodic voice slightly on-edge, "about the kids, isn't it? First time mother. Not sure what to do."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:45 pm
The stag smiled, "And you," he reassured.

"How may I help?"

Moonstone Dazzle

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:58 pm
"And me," she repeated, nodding. It only made sense- she was the one bringing them into the swamp. Unsure of how to continue, Hook hummed aloud, making sure the spoken silence was filled. Her mind always had the music, but the swamp itself was sometimes lacking.

"I. Want them to have colorful lives. Musical lives. The things that really matter."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:08 pm
He waited; motherhood -- and fatherhood -- were wondrous anxiety that he dared not to rush. His tail swished to rhythm of her hum.

"Creative, little artists. Kin who stop to hear the music on the wind's breeze or the song of the crickets on even cool nights. Children who can see the colors of the world and paint them for others," he mused, his voice almost lyrical. "Anything else?"

Moonstone Dazzle

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:31 pm
Hm. Anything else? She didn't know. What kind of lives were they due to lead? What great things would they see? Still she hummed on, figuring. Thinking.

"...Anything you see fit. I want them to lead good lives. Maybe. Maybe not easy, but good."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:45 pm
"I'm sure they shall have good lives, if they follow the music and the colors. And you," he smiled; blessing done.

"Would you like some company, for a while longer?"

Moonstone Dazzle

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:46 pm
"...I'd like that," Hook nodded, breathing out a quiet sigh. What an unease had set upon her. She lowered downward, folding her legs under herself as she offered the buck a smile.

"Your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm
"Bitter Heartbeat," he told, as he eased himself to lie down. And then, he began to speak in a soft tone, "Once, a long time ago, there were no words. Only songs."

The stag, who was no storyteller by any means, continued to speak until he felt the doe was eased. And as his tale finished, he thought perhaps her spirits were less muddled.

Moonstone Dazzle

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm
A story of songs was one Hooked on a Feeling understood. Slowly but surely, it felt more certain that she had a place in this world. When he had finished, Hook stood and offered a bow.

"Thank you for your kindness. If you find me again and are need of me," she offered, "let me know."

And then she was gone, off to find her new song.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games