[B] Gotta be prepared! [Splash and Ascent]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Splash was building a nest.

She was using fern fronds and sticks, dragging them to her chosen spot, singing loudly whenever there wasn’t something in her mouth. The fact that she was pregnant had become obvious quickly, probably thanks to the Totoma father.

And despite her mother being the founder of The Mothers Club, Splash had decided to do this on her own. She would build a nest and make it nice and look after her little babies all her own.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If the pull hadn't drawn her, surely the singing would have -- it was bright and happy and audible for miles, the Kiokote bet. Ascent smiled to herself; surely, if she was to have babies, she would be the same way. There was comfort that one shared such joy in the blessing of being a mother.

Ascent ducked her head beneath a low bough as she approached the Acha, holding a pliable branch between her teeth and lowering before the expectant mother a short distance away. "Congratulations," she greeted the female that was as bright as her song, "may I offer a gift for your celebration?"  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:55 pm
The Acha did a little twirl, abandoning a fern frond she'd been tucking into place in order to greet the newcomer.

"Thank you," she was on the branch immediately, testing it with a hoof. "This is great!" She started dragging it into place, making 'hmm aaah' noises until she decided on the correct position.

Then Splash moved to the Kiokote's side and eyed her construction critically. "Do you like it? Do you think the babies will like it? I think it looks comfy. Needs more stuff though."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:00 pm
"You're very welcome!" The Kiokote looked as pleased as though the nest were her own, taking only a few steps closer before sitting down and watching - admiring the work the Acha was performing. She was meticulous, critical, a perfectionist no doubt -- she was ready to be a mother more than most she'd met. It was like she'd been prepared for this long before it happened.

Ascent nodded empathetically, casting a warm smile. "I think it's beautiful, and will keep them warm in case we are not through the snow. It's well on its way to being a good home." Lifting her ears, she continued on, tender and careful - it'd been a while since she'd had to say who and what she was, a humbling reminder. "I'm Ascent - I've come to give you and your children the MotherFather's blessing. Of your choosing." She paused, before adding with an amused smile, "Within reason, of course."  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:10 pm
Splash was clearly delighted by the praise. A big grin stretched across her face and she did a little dance on the spot, little hooves tapping merrily against the winter cold ground. "See, that’s what I thought? The little Totoma babies will be all little and fluffy. I’ll need to cuddle them and wrap them up warm."

She pranced forward, moving a fern to a different position. "Yay! You’re one of the special ones," she said looking for her shoulder with a grin, "I hoped you’d show up." She nose wrinkled playfully. "You mean I can’t ask for wings?" This was exciting. Now she was almost reliving her mother’s first birth. A Totoma dad, a lot of babies and a Legendary.

"How abooout happy and healthy and fun, lots of fun and not afraid to be different?" Yeah, that sounded good.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:40 pm
"Totoma and Acha children!" Ascent exclaimed, beyond pleased. "They will surely be warm and comfortable!" The only thing that thrilled her more than meeting with an excited expectant mother, was that the mother's children would be mixed breed. It gave her hope.

Ascent beamed, dipping her head in acknowledgement. "Not as special as an expectant mother," she chimed in, though the comment did make her laugh. It had been exactly what she was thinking. "No wings, I'm afraid. That is certainly outside my realm of possibility."

The Kiokote's ears lofted, listening, her smile growing with each word, standing once the Acha finished. "That is a beautiful wish for your children." Lifting her head, she intoned with a bit more of a solemn tone, her eyes aglow: "Your children will be healthy, possessing the potential of great happiness, knowing the value of fun and individuality. May they revel in the blessing of their mother's greatest hopes."

The glow of her eyes softened with her gaze, settling upon the Acha. "May you always find such zest and joy in motherhood, my friend."  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 pm
It was perfect.

Splash was overjoyed by the lovely blessing and she danced forward, to give the Kiokote a little kiss on the nose in thanks.

“That was the best,” she smiled warmly up at the larger doe and then-

“Okay, I think we should start gathering some nice moss and big leaves.” It was back to business, with a list of things to do, which she fully expected her new friend to assist with.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:08 pm
A dance, a kiss - and who was she to deny the request?

"A fine idea," she responded amicably, following the doe's lead.

Ascent smiled not quite privately. If this was included in her duties, she'd accept it happily; were it not, she accepted it gratefully.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces