Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:04 pm
An excited Braixen, a backpack strapped to her back and a book in her arms, trotted eagerly over to the only empty table in the little coffee shop in the corner of the book store. She dumped the book onto the table, pushed the straps off her shoulders and practically threw the bag on the floor in her excitement, then hastened back the way she came. A brown- and cream-colored Pidgey swooped over to alight on one of the chairs, then watched the little Ralts that trotted over at her own, much slower, pace. Upon arriving at one of the table's empty chairs, she paused next to it for a moment to prepare herself, then jumped up to get her torso on it. Just her torso, though; her little legs hung down and waved a bit as she tried to scoot herself up the rest of the way, but instead of progressing, she felt herself slipping off the chair.

The Braixen returned with a staff held tightly in her paws. Carefully she leaned said staff against one of the chairs before hopping into the very same chair. Ion walked over after his Braixen and set a cup of coffee and a small paper bag down onto the table, carefully picked up the struggling Ralts, then once he sat down in one of the chairs, he set the little pokemon in his lap. "All right," he began as he opened the little paper bag and took out three napkins, then placed a small dessert pastry on each. Each dessert and napkin were gently pushed towards each pokemon, "here you go. I'm sorry, I know none of you like being cooped up inside so much." Despite his words, none of the three pokemon seemed too perturbed to be inside - although maybe that had something to do with the delicious pastries they were now stuffing into their faces - so with a smile Ion let them enjoy their treats.

Carefully he moved the Ralts's napkin away to make room for his coffee and his book - the dark colors of the book's exterior coupled with a bright red R on its front easily gave away the subject of its interior - and as he lifted the former to his lips with one hand, the latter he opened to its first page with his other hand. He didn't expect to learn anything new from this book, but he'd been in such a rut lately, perhaps going back over what he'd already studied would give some clue, some hint, something that maybe he missed before? Perhaps.

While he studied his book and his other pokemon focused on their treats, the Ralts in his lap held hers in both hands while she nibbled on it occasionally, instead focusing on looking around the shop as much as she could. It certainly did look busy, without any empty tables, though a few occupied tables - like theirs - had one or two empty seats. Why did humans enjoy gathering at these sorts of places? Such funny creatures; she had to admit, however, that this sort of place smelled quite nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 am
The door gave a cheerful jingle as Oliver stepped into the mix of book store, coffee shop. He adjusted his messenger bag, the fall colored cottonee poking over the rim and idly stroked over the soft creamy curling floof. A ghastly floated about his head, stunning white and eager.

"Alright, Mercy, Coffee first," he murmured as he headed towards the coffee shop. He looked over the board before ordering an espresso macchiato for himself and with a bit of prompting, a salted caramel mocha to be shared by Mercury and Corri. Plus slices of iced lemon cake.

Oliver paid, waited, and gathered his food and paused, looking over the lack of empty tables. Ugh... crap.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:19 pm
While Ion and two of his pokemon were too busy to notice the newcomers, his Ralts was not. She watched the new human and his pokemon with interest, tilting her head a bit while she nibbled absently on her treat, before she waved one little green arm at them. They looked a little lost, but nice, and she felt bad that they looked lost. Maybe Ion could help them not be lost? With this thought in mind, she waved a second time, this time a bit more enthusiastically.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 pm
Well, it seemed his decision was being made for him. Oliver gave a slight nod at the Ralts, slightly amused at the enthusiastic beckoning and started over. He used a foot to hook a chair at the table, pulling it out slightly. "Hello," he said calmly. "Is it okay if I sit here?"

Corri wiggled still she could look out. The Cottonee gave a burbly cheerful croon of greeting at the Ralts.

Mercury on the other hand gave a wide grin. <> he asked, gleefully planning to introduce as many pokemon as he could to the addicting delicious treat.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:41 pm
The movement of the chair caught his attention before the voice did, and Ion turned a mildly surprised expression up to the stranger. Surprise gave way to a warm friendliness almost immediately, and he nodded. "Oh, hello. Of course you may," he said without hesitation, and even set his things down so he could move his own chair over more to make room. Once done, he offered the newcomer an apologetic smile. "It is rather crowded in here today, isn't it?"

The Ralts echoed, tilting her head a bit.

the Braixen replied with a light huff, eyeing the new human and his pokemon rather warily.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:04 am
"It is, thank you," Oliver replied, the last two words nearly an after thought as he set down the drinks and treats. He scooped out his Cottonee from the warm lined confines of the bag and set her on his lap as he sat down on the chair.

<> Mercury was a ghastly who certainly had a love for the caffeinated beverage. He watched as the cup was separated and dipped slightly.

Oliver teared the paper edges of the straws, pulling the rest of the paper off and plunked them into the drink before turning to nearly slicing the lemon pound cake into easier to handle bits. "Crowded.. yes, it certainly is." He picked a piece up and offered it to his Cottonee, giving a small smile as the floofy pokemon nibbled on it.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm
Ion offered the newcomer and his pokemon a warm albeit apologetic smile, as though he felt bad for taking up a table someone else would've liked to sit at alone. "I didn't realize it would be so crowded at this time of day," the teen admitted. Had he known it would be this crowded, he probably would've come at a different time so he wouldn't inconvenience anyone else. On that thought, Ion closed his Team Rocket book and set it aside and lifted his coffee cup to make more room at the table for his company before he took a sip of it.

Jozette huffed a bit again, watching the new pokemon somewhat suspiciously. she summarized simply. Hot beverages were nice - she preferred hot foods over cold foods, presumably given her type - but she wasn't about to accept anything edible from strangers.

Yulia, on the other hand, remained curious as she tilted her head, her treat forgotten for the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:03 pm
"It is not as if it is your fault," Oliver said finally. He sighed, shoulders rounding slightly as he took a sip of his drink, drowning his displeasure in caffeine. "Either had I." He had thought to bypass the crowds. "They are not my favorite."

<> Mercury replied and grinned sharply at Yulia. <>  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:54 pm
Despite Oliver's truthful statement, Ion couldn't help but feel bad, as if it was indeed his fault that so many people were in the bookstore-coffee shop at that time. "Oh, I see," Ion said in response with a small nod, took a sip of his coffee, then asked, "Do you prefer when it's quiet and empty?"

excuse me,> Jozette replied with another huff.

Yulia said with a smile that was equal parts content and amused,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:57 pm
"Of course, though I'm sure the shop keep and barista have other opinion on the bustle of a day," Oliver replied, giving an irritated hand wave behind them. "Sharing a table just tends to have consequences... Such as Mercury trying to get your Pokemon buzzed on caffeine."

<> Mercury questioned, surprised and sarcastic. <>

<> Corri said softly, the cottonee focusing on the hoovering ghost.

Mercury made a rude raspberry like noise before returning to his drink.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:44 pm
The teen nodded his head a little before he took another slow, careful sip of his coffee. Oliver's comment piqued his curiosity, however, and his gaze shifted to the pair of pokemon he had with him. "Ah, does Mercury like coffee too?" He asked, a quiet smile forming on his face. Despite not knowing which Mercury was, he could only assume it was the ghost that was eagerly drinking from a cup, and not the Cottonee sitting quietly in Oliver's lap.

the Braixen said with a huff as she stuffed a piece of her snack into her mouth, as if doing so would end the conversation.

Quiet amusement in her features, Yulia shook her head. So saying, the little Ralts began to nibble on her own treat again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm
"A bit too much, he's finicky and has expensive tastes," Oliver replied, looking over the white ghost fondly. "Which does make me wonder how he was satisfying his caffeine cravings before we meet." He idly stroked over the crown of fluff in his lap, playing with the leaves slightly.

Mercury blew a rather rude raspberry at the Braixen before focusing on his cup before it became chilled.

<> Corri questioned, softly, deciding to change the topic to something safer.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:43 pm
"Ah, I see," Ion said, soft smile still present as he followed Oliver's gaze to the ghost-type. He certainly seemed to be enjoying his coffee. "That is a good question. Maybe he lived in a coffee shop before?" The teen half-suggested, half-queried.

Jozette grumbled around her treat but didn't speak; Yulia put a hand to her mouth to hide the smile that grew there. she replied to the Cottonee as she turned to face the grass-type, even if her eyes weren't immediately visible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 am
"It is a mystery, we meet at the haunted house a few months back," and that had been half mistake, half treat. Oliver preferred true haunted houses it turned out, ones that were quiet and eerie and not full of shouting teenagers and
fake devices trying to give him a heart attack.

"I hope I didn't intrupt your studies?" he questioned, motioning to the book. That was a rather large book.

<>  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:16 pm
"Ohh, the one in - ah - Ambergris?" Ion asked, eyebrows raising a bit. "I heard about it, but I didn't attend. It's wonderful you found a friend there, though," he said, smiling as he watched the ghost again. Yes, he certainly seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his coffee.

Studies? "Hm?" The teen glanced down to the thick volume on the table, a reference to Team Rocket both embossed on its spine and across its cover in large, bold letters, and his smile quieted as he shook his head. "Ah, no," he said, not wanting his company to feel bad for something he didn't do, "and I've read it before, so no, you weren't interrupting anything."

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff