[Fin] Slight Setbacks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:05 pm
He was going to do it today, he'd already put it off for a few days and that was probably awful of him. Ugh. He just... he couldn't face the idea of admitting this to Sasha, but he had to do it so he just needed to get it over with.

He'd arranged to meet with Sasha in the park around lunchtime on a mutually convenient day - not that any day was inconvenient for him at the moment - and now he was sitting on a bench waiting for his boyfriend to show up, though it was still a couple of minutes until the time they'd agreed. He was wearing the coat from Sasha's sister, and the scarf and arm warmer things Sasha had given him himself.

Should he have given some kind of warning? Taavi fiddled anxiously with a braid of hair as he tried to decide, it didn't seem nice to just spring something unpleasant like this on Sasha but on the other hand what would he have said? Something like 'I need to talk to you' was kind of ominous, he could have followed up with 'It's not life threatening or anything' but he would probably just have ended up telling him by text then and he didn't want to do that. Ugh, he hoped he didn't cry again, he didn't want to upset Sasha... and it would be alright, he was going to make sure Sasha knew that it was going to be alright. He'd find a new job, he'd be fine camping and staying in the trainers centres until then and.... and it would be alright. Eventually. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:55 pm
Howlback folded her wings, diving down from up high and crackled as her Trainer whooped in delight. She shifted, twirling, unfurling her wings to start a slower glide and rumbled.

Lex grinned, cheeks pink and pat his crobats feet as she slowed and started down, hands resting slightly above the harness buckles and cheerfully unclipped himself when he could reach the ground. He jogged a bit, following the crobat leaned against her, grinning.

"Taaavvi! Taavi! " There he was. He turned, pulling his scarf down, grinning brightly at his boyfriend. He trotted over to Taavi and kissed him. "How are you?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:50 pm
"Sasha!" Taavi jumped to his feet and found himself smiling despite everything that was going on. "Hey." He returned the kiss - maybe a bit more firmly than he normally would in public - and then hugged Sasha tightly, leaning his head down on the shorter man's shoulder. "I'm actually... ah, things are not as great as they could be but I'm really glad to see you." Sometimes he had to go days without seeing Sasha because he was working here or there or because their work patterns had just clashed when he'd been employed too but he didn't like it. Part of him, a part of him that should probably keep quiet, kind of wished they could live together. It had been a few months, would it be so bad?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:45 am
Lex laughed and sunk into the affection, basking as he snuggled into Taavi, beaming in coat his sister had chosen, and it looked good on him. Really good. "Ooh? I'm glad to see you to, but did something happen?" He asked, looking up at Taavi and reached out to brush aside the black hair, fingers curling in it slightly. "Anyway I could help?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
"Yeeeeeah. A bit." Taavi sighed and looked down to avoid Sasha's gaze, there was really no point in delaying any more. "Uh, but it's okay! And I don't think you can really help.... Ah. See. I kind of... got kicked out of my apartment. A couple of days ago. I've been staying with my friend Abel, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before but I didn't want to just do it over the phone and- well I didn't really want to admit it either. But, it'll be okay!" Taavi looked back up with an uncertain, faintly tense smile that didn't reach his worried-looking green eyes. "Um, I can stay with Abel a few more days and then I can use the trainers' centres until I get a job so I can get a new place." Also camping would be involved but it wouldn't be so bad, okay he didn't have winter equipment as such but he did have a warm fire type now. It would be alright.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:45 pm
"A bit," Lex drawled, concerned as Taavi didn't meet his gaze and ahh. "Ooh, that is never fun." He had certainly been there. "Though I do want to have a long talk to your landlord about turning you out in the middle of winter, such a Grinch." He shook his head and gave Taavi a warm tight hug.

"Or curse him... but karma probably already going to bite him hard, and your form employer." Lex sighed and looked up. "Want to do something? Instead of dwelling on misfortune?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:00 pm
Oh. Well that was... good? Sasha wasn't worried so he shouldn't be either right? And dwelling on it was stupid, there wasn't anything he could do right now right? Everything would work out alright. Much as he tried to think these things the feeling of cold dread wouldn't go away, he couldn't stop his thoughts from racing and flicking back and forward between different worries. He wished he could ask Sasha if he could stay with him for a while.

"Um... yeah," Taavi agreed with another brittle smile. "I mean there's no point in me sulking right? I am not a sulker. Um, what would you like to do?" He really didn't want to be a sulker, so all of those stupid worries could just stop happening now please! He shouldn't dwell on his misfortune, there was no point and he'd be no fun to be around if he did.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:03 pm
"Food then, food is certainly in order." Lex could at the very least feed his homeless boyfriend. "Are you hungry? What would you like to eat? Is Swift and Valour handling everything okay?" he questioned, peering up at Taavi.

"Or do you just want to vent a bit, somewhere private? Cause we can do that to." He frowned slightly. "Taavi?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:40 pm
Food did sound like a nice idea, something other than Ramen would make a nice change! He felt bad about letting Sasha pay for him all the time right now but... well Sasha had a job and he didn't, it was okay right? He could pay him back once he had a job again.

"Um. Food would be nice, yeah. Thanks. Um... I don't mind really, anything is good! Err. Maybe... pizza?" He kind of felt like he shouldn't give an opinion as he wasn't paying but it had been ages since he'd had pizza. "Um." Taavi swallowed, rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from Sasha again. "They're okay, I mean Swift is used to living wherever and Valour's fine with it too." What he was worried about for them was Valour being able to find them enough food, hunting wasn't great this time of year... but Valour was a good hunter, he'd manage. "But, um, no," Taavi shook his head, blinked rapidly a few times and then looked at Sasha again. "I mean I- no thanks. I don't want to stand around dwelling on it right?" He didn't want to start crying again or something, he didn't want Sasha to know that he was scared or how much of a failure he felt for having let this happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:56 pm
"Pizza is good, " Lex said, pulling out a phone to start figuring out where the nearest pizza decent pizza place was. "Did you have a place in mind?" He added, looking up from the phone search.

"Because I don't think I've had pizza from around here enough to know if the place is decent. And you have to take the leftovers because holding them when flying on Crobat is out." He nodded to his Crobat who had settled in the shade, napping slightly.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:42 pm
"Ah, not really," Taavi admitted apologetically. "I haven't eaten out much since getting to Kodo... heh, other than with you!" At least Sasha didn't seem disappointed in him or anything, not that he'd thought that he would but it was still a relief somehow. "And I am totally happy with all the leftovers, maybe I won't have to make dinner!" Namely ramen. Plus Abel would probably be happy to share cold pizza, he was pretty sure his friend wasn't picky about anything that offered some variety right now. He did wonder about that though, even on minimum wage - if he was - surely Abel should be able to afford to eat better than that?... Hu, he hadn't thought of that before. It seemed kinda rude to ask about it though.

Taavi let out a small sigh and rubbed the back of his neck, trying to get rid of some of the tension that had been hanging around for- Well since he'd seen the notice on his door. "Thanks, Sasha. And I'm sorry to just drop this on you, I didn't really know how to say it. Um. You... mean a lot to me you know that? Uh. I mean, I'm just saying that I'm sorry I can't," he gestured helplessly as he tried to finish the end of the sentence in his head. "I guess... do the stuff for you that you do for me? It doesn't seem fair on you."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm
"Okay, then, it says there should be a decent place about three blocks, that a way," Lex approximated, waving his hand vaguely behind them. "And we are off," He beamed, curling his hand around Taavi's and paused.

"Ooh, it's alright, It not like anyone expects to be homeless suddenly. Till they are, and then it sucks and you don't want to ask for help, because it seems that everything is your fault." Lex paused and shrugged.

"Taavi, if I expected you to, I would be a really, really shitty boyfriend." Lex said seriously as he could be. "You do plenty of things for me."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:01 pm
"Well I guess," Taavi replied awkwardly and with an awkward shrug because awkward. "I didn't mean that- ugh, I don't know," another shrug, "I just... I'd like to be able to treat you to things, not have to ask you to pay all the time and stuff." He felt like he didn't really have his life together anymore; no s**t, he'd lost his job and now he didn't have anywhere to live. He didn't regret leaving Hoenn to come here to be near The Egg, it was what he'd been meant to do and he'd met so many wonderful people....

"I guess I just didn't expect it all to be this hard," Taavi said aloud, which possible didn't entirely make sense given the rest of the train of thought had gone on only inside his head but there it was. "Still," he smiled a bit and squeezed Sasha's hand, "I'm glad that... well, you're you and we're... Yeah. I didn't expect... err... you know, to meet someone here? I guess I wasn't thinking about that at all when I came here. But I'm glad I did because, you know, you're awesome and.... Yeah. I can't words today, but you know what I mean?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm
"It always sounds easy until you start doing it." Lex knew, he thought training would be easy because everyone did it. And living on his own would be easy because everyone expected it.

"Hehe, I wasn't expecting to meet anyone that night either," Lex said and shifted, giving Taavi a gentle kiss. "You are wonderful, Taavi. Don't let this tell you different. Everyone ends up with low days. Some worse then others."

"Now, what do you like on your pizza?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:43 pm
It was true, s**t happened as the saying went right? When he'd arrived in Hoenn he'd been on an upward curve from a series of disasters, this was just a bit of a dip. A bit of a dip. He didn't have a home anymore, he didn't know where he was going to sleep next week. Trainers' centre some nights, yeah, but you couldn't use them consistently. He'd have to make camp near to them though so he could use their showers, but he'd have to make trips into the city to wash his clothes.... Low days, how many of them did he have coming? He didn't want to dwell on it but it kept running through his mind. Sasha could still make him smile though, and he did as his boyfriend pulled back from the kiss.

"Well, um, I guess we're both lucky then right?" It could be worse; he could be without Sasha and without a friend like Abel, and he was healthy, and he knew how to survive which was a lot more than some people did. It would be okay in the end, he just needed to... to think positive! That was it.

"Spicy!" Taavi responded re: pizzas. "I mean, I like pretty much any kind of pizza but my favourite is always something hot. I like the ones with a stuffed crust too even if it is about as far as you can get from proper authentic pizza. Oh and I love doughballs, with garlic butter. And garlic bread, garlic bread is the best! Especially if you drizzle it with chilli oil. Heh, yeah I'm predictable."

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff