Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Real, Of Blood and Bone (Giveforward x Roses in Bloom)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A Legendary. An honest Motherfather chosen Legendary!

Giveforward felt as though she was walking on air. As near to euphoric since the children had been left for her to raise. It was not hope. It was pride; she had been right. And not even the knowledge that no one would likely believe her, could dilute it. She had been right and she had met a Legendary.

She wanted to tell someone. To discuss it and see the reaction on another kin's face. Well, a good reaction: excitement, shock, hope. Enough would deride her experience as nothing more than a hallucination. Yet, Takeback would not be impressed. The children had scattered and it'd take ages to track to them down. (Especially ocean-bound Breach; goodness, she hoped her children had made it there safe.) Which didn't leave much... Friendly and helpful as she was, she hadn't made a lot of friends in the sense of knowing where to find them or meeting with them often.

A frown cracked into the grin and she sighed. If only so many hadn't laughed at her when she'd mentioned her desire once. None of them would believe her now. All--oh, but, there had been one who hadn't laughed. One who might like to know... If she could find her. With determination, Giveforward set off to give the good news to Roses in Bloom.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:39 pm
It was fortunate for the other doe that Roses in Bloom had made a habit of not making herself difficult to find. She had a home she kept to, leaving only when the itch to explore overtook her. The little ones could come and go, and always knew where to find mother. It was especially important, now that she had found solace in Half-Truth, that they did not lose each other again. She had found her happiness, had finally spoken her mind to keep it, and it wasn't something Rose was going to let go any time soon.

Hoofsteps outside of her den caught Rose's ear, and the old doe rose from her daydreaming to figure out who was rambling by. With a gentle stretch of her back, she padded out to the open ground of her home and cast a watchful eye about the area. Likely it was Dawn come to visit, or her love coming home... finally, she caught sight of the approaching figure, and a cry of delight escaped her.

"Giveforward! How lovely to see you again!" She called brightly, heading over to meet the other doe. Rose had been in a rather dour state their last meeting, and was glad to see her friend- if only to show the healthy weight she'd added, the lack of bags beneath her eyes.

"You seem in rather high spirits. What brings you to this little corner of the swamp?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:50 pm
She was close. At least she thought she was closed to the area where she'd seen the doe before. If she could manage to tamp down on the excitement that made her bounce, eyes fluttering like meandering butterflies, she might have recognized it more. Fortune, however, did indeed seem to favor her today as the shriek hit her like a lightning bolt.

Wide-eyed in surprise, she gave a trill -- air rushing out between her lips in a sound reminiscent of a whisper -- in reply. The laughter in her eyes made it known that it was a happy sound. One made when happiness bubbled over and struck her tongue unable to form words. It was over and done as the doe danced forward.

"Roses," the volume of her voice lessened, as she paused to overlook her friend, "oh, you look much healthier than last time! Such a beauty, you shine even brighter today." If it had not been Giveforward, sweet, honest, genuine Giveforward, one may have thought her flirting.

She was glad to see that the doe noticed her delight. Indeed, for a brief moment she considered playing coy. (She'd burst before she closed her mouth, she was sure.) Instead, leaning close, in a whisper, she let the not-secret out.

"They're real. The Legendaries," she grinned, wide. "Roses, I met one!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:12 pm
"Oh, thank you!" Roses replied in delight, a flush taking her cheeks. She was not a looking doe, but it was nice to be given compliments every so often. Smiling more brightly than she had, she relished in the feeling of someone else noticing how much better off she was. She knew it inherently, certainly- felt it in her bones. But having someone see it was proof of how far she'd come. Gone was the wilted Rose of eras past- now, she'd truly bloomed.

At Giveforward's joy, Roses in Bloom perked up in delight. Clearly, they were meant by the Motherfather to meet here once more. There was something between them that needed to be communicated. Falling back to listen to her friend, Rose's brows perked up and she tuned in with delight.

"A legendary! I thought I was the only one," she breathed in amazement, wonder in her eyes. "A friend of mine somehow took that form. But please, please! Tell me about your experience! I can't wait to hear!"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:37 pm
"I thought I was the only one."
"A friend of mine somehow took that form."

Giveforward stills, the words circling in a loop, until she looks a statue of eroded stone. She breathes silent and it seems as if she has shut down. The eventual blink of eyes is almost startling in the wake of such deathly static. And then, finally, a small puff of laughter.

"It must be fated," with her voice, the moment of silent uncertainty seems to be only a false memory, "for both of us to have met one..." She smiles, as if such ideas have led her to a secret, and then she is all laughter and delight.

"The Legendary, well, she was very cross," she begins as her brow furrows. Oh goodness, how poor of her. She hadn't even inquired as to why the mare was so unhappy and if she could help. A reason to find her again then. If she'd done it before, she could do it again. Ah but first she had a story to tell. "Despite that, she didn't at all laugh when I told her I wanted to become one, someday. She advised me against it, apparently she finds it very tiresome."

The doe paused, a grin hinting at mischief spreading on her mouth, "She's going to tell the Motherfather about me." The soft airiness of her voice belied how her body tensed in excitement. The Motherfather was going to know about her, personally, and she'd be a Legendary. Oh, it would be wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:49 pm
When Giveforward froze, Roses in Bloom feared she had done something wrong. Perhaps she had misspoken- perhaps she shouldn't have told Giveforward anything had happened at all. Had she undercut her friend's joy? Oh goodness, it probably was terribly rude, and-

Oh! Oh, thank goodness! Rose sighed in relief, a bubble of laughter escaping her as well. When Giveforward mentioned that it must've been fated, Rose squealed in delight.

"Oh, it must be! Perhaps that means there's great things in our future," she sighed wistfully, thinking forward in her life. If it was a sign of great things, and she'd already found Half Truth... what other wonders lay in store for her? For her and Giveforward both? Hopefully the doe would find happiness in her children, and her own life as well. Despite their last short meeting, Rose held a great deal of fondness for the doe.

She listened intently as Giveforward told her story of meeting the legendary- a sour one, wasn't that a shame- and couldn't help but gasp when she mentioned telling the MotherFather of her. Jumping excitedly on her hooves, Rose giggled girlishly- a feat she hadn't accomplished in years.

"YOU! A legendary!!! Oh, promise me you'll come and visit and not forget about little me!" Rose shrieked in delight, clearly overwhelmed. "I can't even wait! Oh, what a lovely idea!"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 pm
"The future is bright with hope," the doe agrees, grinning softly at the idea of them both wise mares. She wonders at the idea of it, what happens to one who became chosen--oh, that is probably a secret, isn't it?

She begins to swish her tail, as she drifts, until the loud reaction from the other doe pulls her back. Only for her own smile to falter, forget... She feels her brow furrow, surely she will not forget the ones she knows. She will still be her, not...

A fierce shake, "Oh, no. I wouldn't forget you," she replies, insistent. She will remember, the Motherfather isn't so cruel as to choose her and change her mind in that manner. Oh no, not at all. "You are my friend, not even the Motherfather can change that." And it's such a serious answer to what surely was said in jest (not that the doe seems to have noticed that). Somehow, it's even more reassuring to be said in a time of great happiness.

"You'll be such a splendid, Legendary!" And Giveforward thinks she'll be herself. Still sat at the water's edge, scolding the caiman and crocodiles for snapping at kin, or wandering the swamp with a bird's nest in her hair as she tries to find it a new home.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:26 pm
At Giveforward promising to remember her, a few tears found their way to Rose's eyes. She was, at her core, a very sentimental doe. To have such a caring, happy friend... it was something she had not dared dream for herself as a foal. Now there were her children, Dawn, Half-Truth (and oh, oh, dear Half-Truth, what a wondrous find that was,) and now Giveforward. Roses in Bloom prayed that as long as she walked the swamp, she would have Giveforward to look forward to meeting again.

Very taken with the majesty of the moment, Rose stepped forward and brushed her head under Giveforward's, to give the doe the best hug she could manage. Staying there a moment, Rose realized she hadn't asked, and oh goodness, wasn't that embarrassing? She just as quickly stepped away, a faint flush and nervous smile upon her face.

"Pardon me, I- I'm just so glad to have a friend like you in my life. And I'm so happy to see you doing so well!"

At the mention of her as a legendary, Rose giggled awkwardly.

"I feel I'd be a rather gangly one! All limbs and awkwardness. Nothing like the beautiful Last Night," she shook her head. "What would I even do as one?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm
There is a brief moment of perplexed wonder when the doe notes the teardrops building into a watery lip over her friend's eyes. She drags her teeth against the inside edge of her mouth, a thought circling that maybe she has said something wrong. It isn't until the other doe steps forward, soft blonde locks tickling her chin that she understand the doe isn't sad; she is touched. Giveforward tilts her head, letting her cheek press into the doe's crown softly. It's a mere breath and then the other doe removes herself.

"It was a very nice hug," Giveforward offers, bright. At the doe's compliment, she feels a faint flush creep up into her cheeks--she doesn't receive nearly as many compliments as one would think. "I'm pleased you think me a good friend," and there's a hint of meekness--in rare moment she wonders if she does enough--hiding in the words. Or perhaps it wasn't there at all because her voice rebounds, steady, "You're a wonderful friend, too, and it's like spring has come early to see you so well and cheerful!"

Rose's giggles are contagious and she giggles, as well, "You would be beautiful, too." And while the giggles don't quite end, she does seem to pause. It's brief--a second where eyes seem to stare off into space, almost giving off the impression she is staring through the doe before her--and then she bounces, grinning. "You'd bless, of course, but you're a mother and can offer all sorts of reassurance to the parents who seek you out. Why, you can even encourage them to believe in love, as you've found, it doesn't happen only once!" And if the doe hasn't explicitly mention having found love, well--"You can heal hearts, Roses."

It occurs to her then that the Motherfather knows best, "Oh, well, the Motherfather will know what you're meant to do." She grins, sheepish, a tilt of her head and a shrug of her shoulders as she rocks forward on her hooves. She hadn't asked how one becomes a Legendary or what, if any abilities, one might find granted. She doubts an answer would have been provided if she had. It's probably a secret.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games