Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:10 pm
Lural

Since becoming an Agent what little free time Zacharie had was normally spent at his brother's house or hanging out with Jerome. He definitely wasn't complaining though. He had worked hard to get to where he was now that how could he complain? He could spend all the time he wanted in the labs, got to work on his own projects without sneaking around, and he got his own room!

But while flipping through the pictures on his phone, he was reminded that he had made other friends over the years and that it was rude to not keep in contact with them.
So he called up Citrine. It had been awhile since he had last seen the green-haired girl and while she was a bit naive...she was enjoyable to be around.

That was how he found himself sitting in the corner of a coffee shop with a mug of some sort of herbal tea cradled between his hands. He'd practically shoved some people out of the way to get the spot by the window but he wanted to be sure that he could be found.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 pm
insidiousEnigma

She screamed. Citrine had been so elated when Zacharie had called that she actually screamed when she hung up. He wanted to hang out? That was awesome! It was a good thing that she was out training where only the pokemon could hear her (she hoped) as she whooped for joy. Since she had started making friends, she felt like she was always the one making the first move, contacting people to hang out or to talk. It was nice to have someone call HER for a change.

She got to town as fast as she could, and didn't even really bother to primp and look pretty before she entered the coffee shop. Her hair had been braided, but after being outside all morning, the braids had come partially undone. She wasn't particularly dirty, just a few scuffs on the knees of her jeans. She entered the coffee shop that Zacharie had mentioned and looked around. Would she recognize him? It had been a while. Would he recognize her? Oh, she really hoped so... on both counts. But then her eyes landed on some strangely familiar purple hair and she smiled, practically ear to ear. She stopped at the counter to order herself some tea before strolling over to the table.

"Zacharie?" She peered at him, then smiled. Yep, that was him. She was glad she still recognized him! (The fact that he had distinct scars on his face didn't even cross her mind.) "It's great to see you again!" She wanted to hug him in greeting, but she kind of remembered he wasn't the touchy-feely kind of person she was. Maybe she'd ask him later for a hug.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:54 pm
Lural

Zacharie glanced up at the sound of his name, mildly surprised to be greated with such enthusiasm. "Citirine," He nodded his head in greeting and motioned to the chair across from him with a small smile. "Likewise. I'm glad you could come on such short notice." He said honestly, sitting up from his hunched over position and crossing his ankles beneath the table. "I've been pretty busy with work lately but I've read it's important to keep in contact with people you consider yourself on good terms with." He prattled, obviously a bit nervous.

It felt like it had been forever since he had interacted with someone he hardly knew.
...Well, he supposed that it was true though. He spent the majority of his time with Andre, Jerome, and his pokemon.

"You're looking well." He observed as he drummed his fingers against the mug in his hands. "How have you been?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm
insidiousEnigma

She sat when prompted and smiled brighter as she listened to Zacharie talk. People he was on good terms... with? She blinked then chuckled. "Mmmmh, if it's easier, you could just call me a friend, or acquaintance. I'd prefer friend though. I mean, I'd like to be friends. Does this make sense?" She was also rambling a little. It didn't matter to Citrine that they'd really only hung out twice before, but she still thought Zacharie was nice, and he was, if nothing else, really entertaining to be with.

"Anyways..." She sort of vaguely tried to get the conversation away from their awkward start. "Busy with work, hm?" She half prompted, folding her fingers together and resting her chin on them as she propped her elbows onto the table to look at Zacharie. "You were... Ah, weren't you looking at medical stuff? I remember how into that brain you were." That had been a fun day. That odd winter circus with Zacharie. "Did you get a job in the medical field?" She wanted to know what he'd been up to.

"I've been good. I've been training a lot with my pokemon, trying to get better. I'll be the first to admit I only kind of know what I'm doing, but I do think I'm getting better. I've caught new pokemon lately."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:52 pm
Lural

The purple-haired boy watched the other for a moment before his lips twitched up into a small, shy smile, "You make perfect sense. Friends then." He nodded before bringing his drink to his lips to first blow on then take a few sips of the warm, fragrant liquid.

"Yes, I'm still in the medical field." He confirmed, his thoughts briefly flickered to the brain proudly on display on a shelf in his room back at the base. It weirded out most visitors and a few of his pokemon, but he didn't regret getting Jerome to help him steal it. "The facility I have been studying with finally promoted me." He said slowly, blowing absently into his mug. "I get to work in the labs and the medical offices without needing a mentor monitoring me. It's been a lot of fun." His smile grew into a full on grin as he reached up to push a few stray strands of hair out of his face.

"I'm glad to hear you've been doing well. Training, in my experience, is very trying but rewarding in the end." His gaze drifted to the window. "I hope you've been wearing appropriate clothing, you didn't seem to have much in the way of winter apparel when we went to the circus. It'd be a shame if you were to sick." It wasn't until after he said it did he realize that he sounded a bit like he was nagging. "Ah...have you been getting along with your new pokemon?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:05 am
insidiousEnigma

She snorted then giggled. ********, Zacharie was adorable acting kinda worried. "Hey, that was my first winter in Kodo. I'm from a desert! It rarely gets below 53F." She tried to mentally convert from Celsius. She was about to say more when her order was called. "Ah, one moment." She got up to fetch it and came back with, oddly enough, an iced tea. She took a sip before continuing as though they hadn't been interrupted. "But I do have more appropriate clothes, yes. There was a huge sale at the mall recently, and I sort of made out like a bandit." Finding a way to store what she wasn't using was a challenge though. She really should look into getting an apartment or something...

"A promotion, huh? That's great! I'm happy for you." The way he smiled when he'd talked about being promoted was priceless. He was always so serious, or... kinda awkward. Seeing him smile so easily made her feel good. He was clearly happy with his job. "I could never do medical stuff. It kind of grosses me out. But I admire people who can do it. So what kind of stuff do you do, if you don't mind me asking?" They could talk about her and training later. She wanted to know more about Zacharie first.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:24 pm
Lural

Zacharie eyed the iced tea curiously before mentally shrugging it off. For someone who was used to warmer weather, Citrine didn't really affected by the chilly weather outside. He himself hated the cold, there weren't nearly as many plants blooming and he had to wear cumbersome layers. "Ah, that's good. I recently went to the mall as well to get a friend of mine a late Christmas present." He nodded slightly, running his pointer finger absently along the rim of his cup. "The sales were nice." He added as an after thought.

"The medical field is certainly not for those with weak stomachs." He agreed with a soft huff of a laugh. He'd never been particularly bothered by it, even when he was young. He had vivid memories of someone reading to him from medical textbooks when he was still too young to understand what the words meant, blurry impressions of diagrams of the human body. "Well..." He tried to find a way to explain it. "I work in a clinic on occasion, giving checkups, writing prescriptions if needed...basically working as a doctor. The rest of the time I work in labs to help improve medicines and create new ones." It was overly simplified...but that was the gist of what he did.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:18 pm
insidiousEnigma

"Oh? That was nice of you." She wondered for a moment about Zacharie's friends. She wondered if it was the scary looking guy who was actually really nice who they'd been skiing with when they met. What was his name? Jerome? But it was silly to think that he only had one friend. Well, one besides her. Zacharie was nice and interesting. He probably had tons of friends. "I ran into someone I knew at the mall. It was nice shopping with him." She mused.

When Zacharie laughed, talking about the medical field, she smiled again. He needed to laugh more. "So it's sort of a clinical research position then? Or something along those lines? That's really great! So you get to experiment to try and create your own drugs? Do you do it with a goal in mind? Like trying to... create an allergy medicine, for example, and then try and make it happen? Or is it more mix these things together to see what they do?" She was actually pretty interested, even if she didn't fully grasp it.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 pm
Lural

"Well, he's my best friend. I couldn't just not buy him a Christmas present." He said earnestly. "He's hard to shop for though since he never really talks about things that he wants, so I thought it best to just let him pick out something that he would find enjoyable. Even though it was crowded it was enjoyable, I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself as well." He shot Citrine a small smile as he stirred his tea with the stirring stick he'd set aside on a napkin.

"Yes, actually. I do a bit of both. Sometimes I have a specific idea in mind and will work towards figuring out the best way to achieve my goal, sometimes I take apart existing medications and try to rebuild them, and sometimes I just mix chemicals. Lately I've been working on an adhesive that can close moderate to severe lacerations for extended periods of time during strenuous activity. Acting as makeshift stitches until a person can receive proper medical attention." He said excitedly, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the table. His eyes were bright and his expression open as he spoke, very obviously passionate about the subject. "Right now I'm working on finding a way to safely remove the bandage without causing more injury. I've got a few ideas on the compounds, but I'm still working on creating a stable solution."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:28 pm
insidiousEnigma

Best friend? She had to take a stab at it then. "Would that be Jerome?" She'd only met the man the one time, but Zacharie had seemed really close to him. And the other guy... she didn't remember his name, but she was pretty sure that was Zacharie's brother. "That was really nice of you. Sometimes the best gifts are things like that. At least I think so. Marketing companies will tell you otherwise, and expect you to know exactly what the person wants, and that's really an unreal expectation of most humans." She waved it off with perhaps slight exasperation.

As Zacharie talked about medicines though, she couldn't help but smile and focus on him completely. He looked so open and genuine right now. He must love his work. "Oh, sort of like a liquid bandage, but ... stronger? Something like that would be really useful for a lot of people. I guess the military could use something like that in an emergency aid kit." She pondered practical applications for a bandage for severe wounds here one would still be involved in strenuous activities. "Or maybe police? But that's a really cool idea. I hope you figure out a way to remove the stuff safely."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces