Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:35 pm
insidiousEnigma
For Zacharie and Mau. Sorry for the delay! I hope this is ok.

Mau had to amuse himself with busy work while he waited for his request to clear. It was just a big waiting game lately. Not that he minded, really. It did give him some time to do some relaxing experiments, and he had time to work out and train when waiting. Though today, he had already done all the working out he could, and his pokemon deserved a rest as well. They'd been training quite a lot lately. So it was back to the busy work. Maybe he'd work on a new cloning experiment.

He headed to the labs and had just barely opened the door when he heard one of the higher ups yelling. "You've been in here almost non stop for DAYS! You need to get out." Mau wasn't sure who was being scolded like that. Who would hole up in the lab for days? Well, besides himself, or Nyx, or Allen, or... ok ok, there were a lot of people who would do that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:44 pm
Lural
It's okay! Thanks for getting it started~ <3

Zacharie bristled quite visibly at the person from his seat at his worktable, "I haven't been causing any trouble." He said defensively, hunching over a few test tubes protectively as if to keep the other person from stealing them right from under his nose.

...He wouldn't put it past them.

"Do you know how long I've waited to have this kind of access to the labs?" He snapped, reaching up to adjust the safety goggles over his eyes. "Too long, I've got experiments to run, solutions to test...and although I haven't been sleeping as much as I should, I can assure you that I am perfectly capable of continuing my work." He reached for a tear dropper full of a faint, bluish coloured liquid and began to evenly distribute it among the various test tubes.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:30 pm
insidiousEnigma

"Attitude like that could get those privileges revoked." Mau mused from the doorway.

"Exactly! I could write you up for... Who are you?" The lab tech looked up at Mau. "Oh you." Mau smirked and casually saluted the tech. Mau didn't care for wearing his uniform if he could get away with it. And today, all that could be seen were the white labcoat he wore, and a black arm band with a red R on his right arm.

"What are you working on?" Mau asked, looking at the tubes that Zacharie was guarding so carefully.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Lural

Zacharie sat up a little straighter, his narrowed gaze immediately zeroing in on the newcomer with barely veiled hostility. "I'm not taking an attitude, I'm stating facts." He said primly. "I was told that as an Agent I have access to work in the labs as I please." Why couldn't people just leave him alone? Couldn't they see he had very important things to work on?

"...I'm working on a solution that can safely remove synthetic polymers from flesh." His eyes darted back to the test tubes that housed slowly changing liquids. "It's a part of an ongoing project-" He raised his hand to his mouth and yawned. "that I have been working on for a little over a year."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:16 am
insidiousEnigma

"Sounds fascinating." Mau said, genuinely interested. "I remember holing myself up for almost 2 weeks when working with the toxins of the manchineel tree." He leaned over to look at the work." Ah, good times. Of course the research didn't last much longer then that since the tree is endangered, and harvesting samples was risky.

"So you've been working on this for a year? That's impressive. But, how much information can you retain when you're clearly that tired? I'm sure I don't need to lecture you on sleep and brain functions." He stood upright and stretched a little.

The man who had been trying to get Zacharie to leave sighed. "Sometimes I wish you would just go back to your little berry plant experiments. I don't think you're helping. You're probably encouraging him to stay put!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 am
Lural

Slowly, Zacharie began to sit up a little straighter until he didn't resemble a dog guarding its food. "...What were you going to do with the toxins?" He asked curiously in return, setting aside the tear dropper in favour of reaching for a stirring implement. "Hippomanin A and B are both said to be used against Hepatitis B infections...along with other compounds, of course." He muttered the last bit under his breath as he stirred the concoctions in the test tubes.

"Mn? Yes, finding this solution is the last step to finishing this project. It could be a great asset to Team Rocket when on raids." He paused, his gaze flickering over to the other man, before he pouted ever so slightly. "I don't need a lecture..." He grumbled. He was the one that usually had to give lectures about proper sleeping and eating habits. The Agent gave a soft, put-upon sigh before setting the stirring stick aside. "You're right...I am risking my work by being here when this distracted." He finally agreed, turning his chair away from the desk with only a little bit of hesitation.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 am
insidiousEnigma

"I assure you it was nothing so noble as medical research." He thought back. "I believe we were trying to create a synthetic vapor or gas like the sap to cause caustic burns. I wonder if the cutting we took ever rooted. Mind, this was shortly after my civilian days ended." It was one of his first projects in Team Rocket near 20 years ago. Damn. He felt old! Was this kid even alive 20 years ago? He didn't voice the question though.

When Zacharie removed himself from his work, Mau smiled slightly. "I'm sure that you will figure this all out." He assured him. The man from the labs was about to say something, but at a glance from Mau kept his mouth shut and busied himself with some paperwork. "If you feel like getting some fresh air, I've got a few errands to run in Camphoreon." He checked his watch. "Greenhouse should be open by now..."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:11 pm
Lural

Less than noble reasons were not surprising, what was surprising was that they were 'trying' to create this vapor or gas. As if it was particularly hard to do and perhaps they didn't succeed. With how toxic that plant was it should have been a relatively easy endeavor. But he didn't not know all the facts and so he kept his comments to himself aside from a faint, "Interesting..."

"...Greenhouse?" The purple-haired boy perked up immediately, any sign of drowsiness gone as he pushed his goggles up onto the top of his head. "If you're making plans to visit a greenhouse I would appreciate it if you took me with you." He could get some new pots and soil for his plants...and probably pick up some new seeds while he was at it.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:05 pm
insidiousEnigma

"If we could get samples of the tree again, I'm sure it'd be easy, now." Part of him wouldn't mind... getting back on that project. Hm. Maybe he should look into that. He pushed the thought aside for now though.

"Yes. I'm heading out to Valley Nursery and Greenhouse." Ah, so he was interested in plants too? "I won't say no to company. Always good to meet someone with a green thumb. Got anything growing right now?" He asked, folding his arms, waiting for Zacharie to clean up what he was working on. "We can leave as soon as you're ready."

The lab tech gave a long suffering sigh. It was about time that guy took a break. Sheesh!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 pm
Lural

Zacharie turned back to the table to begin shuffling things around and putting things back in their places. "These will need to sit for a while anyways." He said distractedly as he placed a neat, laminated sign that read 'DO NOT TOUCH' in front of his test tubes. "I'm trying to grow a Corpse Flower and Middlemist Reds but I have Foxglove, Opium Poppy, Belladonna, Pacific Yew, and curare growing successfully in my quarters at the moment." He tossed a small smile over his shoulder as he finished packing away his things. "I also have various ferns and moss growing in the bathroom..they have no particular use but they're relaxing to take care of." With that, he hopped off of his stool and gave Mau an expectant look. "Shall we go?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 pm
insidiousEnigma

Oh, Mau liked this guy. His face broke into a grin and he nodded, shrugging off his lab coat, revealing his casual dress style: A dress shirt- today's color was a deep purple, nearly black, and fine slacks. "You like the poisonous plants I take it?" He mused softly. He started walking with the younger rocket. "I've got a few cacti and berry plants myself. I'm hoping my order of Mammillaria have come in."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 pm
Lural

"The more difficult they are to grow, the more fascinating I find them." Zacharie said wistfully as he tossed his own lab coat over the back of his stool. He wore a printed tshirt sporting a girl in a lab coat with tentacles for hands holding a test tube with katakana printed in a bold arch above her and a pair of dark jeans. "But poisonous plants have a certain appeal to them." He nodded amiably as they left the labs, his worn black and white converse scuffing against the shiny tile. "Are you particularly fond of cacti?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 pm
insidiousEnigma

"I am. I grew up in a desert. So I like having them around. And there are over 200 species that are..." How should he put it. "...Hallucinogenic." A lot of them were lumped together as peyote, but there were so many more then just that. "I've lately been trying to extract alkaloids from different plants lately to see which could be used in a weapon. I'd love to see a KSO member flip out because he thought he saw that" He pointed to Zacharie's shirt as they entered the garage "then have to silence them in other ways."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:37 pm
Lural

Zacharie glanced down at his shirt as it was pointed to, "Interesting." He said slowly, thoughtfully as they weaved through the people milling about the garage. "Have you considered using alkaloids from the Ayahuasca plant? It's a primary ingredient for a psychoactive drink used by a number of Amazonian people." He idly tugged on a strand of his hair as he thought. "You could perhaps create a sort of liquid bomb if you could get a high concentration...the hallucinogen could be absorbed through the skin." He suggested.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:12 am
insidiousEnigma

"They are harder to come by in large quantities, or to find a mature plant." Mau replied. He'd thought of it, sure, but Kodo wasn't exactly... ideal for cacti. "But a liquid bomb? Interesting." He pondered this as he checked out a key for their car. "It makes me think of a napalm bomb... but of psychedelic drugs. Slightly less control then what I was thinking, but worth looking into." When they reached the car, and were in and buckled, Mau gave a soft laugh. "I like how you think."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff