[PRP] Rejuvenation (Bloodsucker, Grim)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:55 pm
User Image Creature and Bloodsucker were sisters, but the two were as different as sisters could be. Still, that didn’t mean that they didn’t love each other immensely, so when Bloodsucker complained, Creature listened. And then did her best to help, because that’s what sisters did. The trouble was that Bloodsucker’s problem wasn’t tangible. She wore her discontent like a mask; it seemed to suck the light from her eyes and deflate her- even her coat didn’t look as shiny, and she carried herself hunched in, the opposite of her typical vivacious bounciness. Creature didn’t know many kin more fun than her sister- even if she did enjoy scaring the hell out of you- and so to see her like this was depressing. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the day was beautiful- but none of that mattered because her sister felt so awful and nothing she did seemed to be able to cheer her up.

“It’s just a touch of malaise,” she said. “I’d think you’d be into that, as much as you like the grim and the ghastly.” Her long-maned sister rolled her eyes and heaved a tiny, piteous sigh.

“It’s not like that. I like scaring other kin, and I revel in the macabre. This is something entirely different; this is the doldrums. Nothing is happening- I feel completely stagnant. I’m not sure where to go in life or what I should be doing.”

Creature tutted. “That’s life though, isn’t it? Nobody really knows what they should be doing- we just try to muddle through. You’re just… a little more muddled than most.”

Bloodsucker picked at the grass a little, a sign Creature chose to interpret as a nod to continue.

“Maybe you’re just in a rut. Too much of the same old thing? Maybe you need something new in your life, something to shake it up. Maybe you need to move- perhaps it’s staying in one place that’s driving you so nutsy.” Creature gestured to the scenery around them. “Travel can always make things at least seem different. Even if you only went away for a few days, you’d still be seeing new things. Not the same old shrubbery and scrub trees. Might be worth it.” She looked hopefully at Bloodsucker; she hated seeing her so morose.

Bloodsucker made a moue as she considered it. “Perhaps. I don’t know. I don’t know if that’d work. I just- I wish something would happen, something that would really change things for me. I feel like a ghost of my old self.”  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:26 pm
It was not Grim Grinning Ghosts intention to continually throw himself into nonrelated conversations. He had noticed the disturbing trend that strangers he approached to discuss ghosts and their wonders... were not quite as keen on discussing the fantastic as he was. Disappointing, certainly, but Grim understood. The learning curve was simply figuring out who actually wanted to talk about death and spirits. There were... not so many kin in the swamp who were interested in it, yes. But did that mean they weren't out there? Grim certainly hoped not! He would just have to keep looking.

At the very least, he had his friends for comfort. Thirteen was ever-vigilant in her roost about his neck, with Widow and Bait following close behind. He'd restrained himself as of late from overwhelming strangers with his theories and talk, and honestly, the effort was draining him. He was who he was, after all. With his ears drooped and his head hunched over, he ambled on his way, debating finding his family to see if perhaps his siblings were faring better.

Scuttling along the underbrush, Grim did not initially hear the two siblings- it was Thirteen who perked up initially, cooing softly to the Zikwa. He paused in his walking, keeping close to the brush as to not once more over-enthusiastically bound in to an awkward situation.

This doe was depressed... he understood that much. That sort of doldrums, Grim definitely understood. Still, it wasn't his place. The lovely doe's sister obviously had it under control, and--

GHOST.

Before he could control himself, Grim Grinning Ghosts SPRUNG from the bushes in delight, his marking-grin stretched even tighter.

"HELLO! I, um! I heard you discussing ghosts! Would you, um. Do. Do you like ghosts???"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:11 pm
Creature reared on her heels, snorting and stamping at the intrusion. "Were you spying on us?" she squealed indignantly, pawing at the ground, ears flat against her skull. "Get lost, creep," she began, but Bloodsucker put a dainty hoof in front of her enraged sister. Creature fell silent, her jaw slack at the gesture. Was she really going to hear him out?

"Yes," Bloodsucker said, cocking her head to one side. She was intrigued by the stranger's appearance; it was if he'd stepped from thin air. She hadn't heard him in the shrubbery, but perhaps this stranger would be good to talk to. At the very least, he was somebody new, and the novelty alone was attractive. And his smile. It seemed... honest, which was a silly thing to think about somebody's coat markings- but there was something about it she found really earnest.

"Yes, I do like ghosts," she finished, smiling a tiny smile. "I take it you do, too?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:20 pm
Originally, Grim flinched back, embarrassed to have been called out on his lurking about. He'd meant no ill-will by it; it was just that it was so, so very hard for the Zikwa to make friends. And these does seemed so lovely...!

But then, the one with the long hair looked at him. Really looked at him, beyond the suspicion and fear of his family. Like she cared about what he said. Her smile encouraged his own back, and Grim stepped forward a little more earnestly. He offered the does a bow, and popped back up excitedly.

"I most certainly do! I was named for them, after all. We all like to focus on this life, and what we can do now- yet we don't tend to the poor spirits unable to rejoin the MotherFather. Those trapped in this realm for reasons unknown, doomed to wander the swamp!" He sighed tragically. "And we don't appreciate them. There's a certain majesty in being scared, isn't there? When you're certain you're safe, but there's the rush of fear and the pounding of your heart... it's like the thrill of the hunt, but better."

Realizing he'd rambled on, Grim Grinning Ghosts laughed nervously.

"I. Ah. I r-rather like.. the art of scaring kin, for fun. It's my calling. I'm. I'm Grim Grinning Ghosts, b-but Grim works. If it's easier."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 pm
"So you appreciate the darker things in life," Bloodsucker said, appraising him. As she looked him up and down, her sister shook her head.

"Oh no, you're getting into this again," she huffed. "If you're going to talk about all this supernatural mumbo-jumbo, I'm outta here." Which... really might be for the best, come to think of it. If this weirdo could get her sister drawn into conversation- well, that might be exactly what she needed to put a little more pep in her step. So for this, Creature would back down. "But don't think we don't have eyes on you!" she said accusingly, glaring icily at the zikwa. "One hoof out of place and I'll kick your a** from here to Ghost Thistle's Mound. Ugh. Ghosts! I give up!"

Bloodsucker shook her own head as her sister stomped off, no doubt to complain to one of their brothers about strangers in shrubbery. "I too enjoy scaring kin. There's certainly an art to it; not everybody is scared by the same things. What's laughable to one doe might be bloodcurdling to the next buck; it's all about reading your audience and spinning your story in the way that affects them most." Her smile widened; clearly this was somebody she could talk to. "My name's Bloodsucker. I don't typically shorten it; neither Blood nor Sucker gets the point across at all."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 pm
This was no common doe, clearly. Though she did not bare the features of the MotherFather's chosen, she was clearly a holy spirit incarnate. A wondrous, walking being sent to bring fairness to his life. Grim's smile teetered on the edge of manic in delight, unable to contain how utterly thrilled he was that finally, finally, someone understood. Honestly, he could cry.

As she spoke on how to properly scare kin, he nodded excitedly, delighted by the discovery of her. How absolutely wonderful. She understood! She was absolutely perfect! When she gave her name- Bloodsucker- Grim sighed in delight.

"B-but of course! With such a wondrous name, I wouldn't dare shorten it either. And it's little wonder you seem so perfect with the name you've been blessed with. I'm so fortunate to have met you this day."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces