Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Look here! Photomanipulation! Retouching! *shameless promo*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes, I just added this to get more hits. I'm evil.
  Yes, you are. But in a cute way!
View Results

Szandrah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:09 am
I have just started up a shop here on Gaia that manipulates and retouches photos. I thought you might be interested so I decided to do what other have done before me: shamelessly promote myself!

Go here to spend all your gold:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12697751  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:37 am
The sad but enevitable truth on Gaia: No one cares bout your shop unless you're sellin more typical lookin 'tags', and I know this from personal experiance. gonk sweatdrop That's what the majority of the market is here on Gaia, more a** holes makin 'tags'. The annoyin thing is these people are self-proclaimed taggers when most haven't even held a spray can in their life, or seen real graff before gonk mad

Anyway, good luck with your shop..

Cativa Carni

.reCreate.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:41 am
Dragon Revenge
The sad but enevitable truth on Gaia: No one cares bout your shop unless you're sellin more typical lookin 'tags', and I know this from personal experiance. gonk sweatdrop That's what the majority of the market is here on Gaia, more a** holes makin 'tags'. The annoyin thing is these people are self-proclaimed taggers when most haven't even held a spray can in their life, or seen real graff before gonk mad

Sadly its the truth; Gaians really dont care about photomanips because most people on Gaia wont use anything they get from it, elsewhere.

Try selling signature images, ID Cards, wishlists, maybe even personal-photo-sigs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:42 am
.reCreate.
Dragon Revenge

Sadly its the truth; Gaians really dont care about photomanips because most people on Gaia wont use anything they get from it, elsewhere.

Try selling signature images, ID Cards, wishlists, maybe even personal-photo-sigs.

I did try to sell banners before, but the market for banners is cluttered so I decided to try and carve out a new market. I know it's hard, but I have not seen anyone else offer any retouching service so I figured there was an opening. I have had some commissions already and if more people try to spread the word, it will become more and more popular. wink

I have been thinking about other things to sell, but I don't want to butt in on an already filled market. I do have some other ideas though and if I act on them, I'll be sure to notice you.

For now, click the image below to see what I offer:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Szandrah

alis in wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:34 pm
That's not really true. I opened a banner shop a few months ago, people recognized it was good, and I got about 8 orders the first week. (It's not open anymore)

The frustrating thing is that people aren't willing to pay what it's worth to make custom banners. It's generally easier and more profitable to do tags from a generalized template (that you made, of course).  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games