[PRP]To better heights [Oliver/Clancy] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:24 am
Oliver finished packing the last of his gear and double checked the packs on his Pokémon to make sure Firefly and Sucrose wouldn’t lose the bags before he got to his new quarters. He doubled checked his mental list, Pokémon – check, weapon – securely around his waist, things packed. If the headache would go away …

He sighed shouldering the backpack and picked up the chest, starting down the halls to the Grunt Quarters. Which were thankfully on the same floor and hopefully his roommate would be tolerable. Able to keep a somewhat clean room, not be up ridiculously late at night, not poke in his things. Maybe a bit of a decent human being and keep the noise down while he nursed this horrible headache.

He stopped in front of the door, shifted his luggage slightly and reached over, knocking on the door.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:36 am
Clancy had been expecting his new room mate that day, of course, but the red head had forgotten, or perhaps never bothered to learn, or perhaps not even been told or thought to ask, just what time the fellow Grunt would be 'moving in'.

As such he'd slept until roughly an hour ago, not having a shift until later that evening, and only, in the last hour, made a half-hearted attempt to clean up.
He'd, of course, roped Clerval into that- the yellow electric mouse was capable of picking things up far better than Ditty was, and he didn't trust his Absol, Cobalt, not to poke him with her horn if he didn't do a job she was happy with... None of his others were really likely to be of any help; he didn't even want to think about what might happen if he'd been dumb enough to try and get a dark Feraligatr to help out in the small space.

They'd more or less established the boundary between the two halves of the room, and gotten all Clancy's stuff on 'his side' when there was a knock; it wasn't a dirty room, thankfully, but, for what little Clancy owned, you could certainly call it 'cluttered'.
Thankfully Clancy was dressed when he sat on his bed and called "Come in!" to whoever his new room mate was to be.
Clerval leaned against a bedpost, watching from the floor.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:53 am
Oliver tapped his dex against the pad so the door would open and stepped inside and froze. Who had he angered to be assigned him? He exhaled through his nose and walked over to the mostly cleared side of the room, setting the trunk down and shifted so his backpack swung onto the bed.

“Hello, Clancy.” He said finally, and sat down on the edge, looking at his new roommate. Well the room was clean at least, perhaps a bit cluttered, but not filthy.

Firefly trotted in first, looked at the redhead and Clerval before ignoring them, heading towards his trainer. Sucrose was not as restrained, cheerfully trotting in and made a beeline to Clerval, tail wagging. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 pm
The door opened and Clancy adopted a non-committal, if pleasant, kind of greeting expression. It wasn't a 'happy-to-see-you' smile, but at least it wasn't quite 'don't-care-who-you-are' bland either.

"'Ey! 'S you! So you're m' new roomie, eh? Well, welcome I guess. Weren't 'spectin' it t' be you..."
His eyes followed the pokémon with a snort and an eyeroll of dismissal for the Flareon... Then he saw the Absol and he couldn't help himself but point at her.
"An' y' critters, course... Oh bloody 'ell! Y've got one of 'em arseholes an' all?!"

Clerval sighed, turning his attention to Sucrose.
<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:08 pm
Well this was going alright, Clancy seem accepting and if he wasn't going to make a big deal about anything, then this might work out. He leaned over, undoing the buckles that kept the packs strapped to Firefly and paused, going over the last sentence.

"Do you mean Absol?" Oliver questioned, looking at Clancy confused. "Her name is Sucrose."

<> Sucrose replied cheerful and sniffed at the Pikachu. <> She said, tail wagging away. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 pm
"Aye, 'em. I got one of 'em buggers too; haughty little blightah she is, keeps proddin' me in the be'ind if things ain't goin' 'er way... Sucrose like 'at f'r you? Summat all o' that bloomin' type a critter does?"

He certainly didn't seem to mind just who his new room mate had turned out to be; perhaps, in fact, he was somewhat glad it was someone he'd spoken to at least /once/ before.

<> Clerval agreed, before introducing himself. <> the Pikachu bobbed his head sideways at Clancy <<'e's crap. Can't even remember what species we are half the time, let alone what moves we know. Gettin' better, slowly, but nah, he's a rubbish trainer really.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 pm
Oliver removed the harness, not minding as his Flareon jumped onto the bed and curled up on the edge. "No, Sucrose is a bit naive but has never displayed her displeasure by poking me." It seems that Clancy Absol was not at all pleased with her trainer. He wondered why.

<> She replied, beaming and pouted. <> She moved her head to the lump of fluff on the bed. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:19 pm
"Ah, lucky you then, mate. 'S a right bloody pain, havin' that thing suddenly poke 'e in the arse, I c'n tell ya. Bloody thing thinks she knows best all th' time. Like she rules th' roost 'r summat."

Clancy pointed at Sucrose.
"Got no issue wi' 'at un if she ain't gonna do no bloody pokin' though. Maybe be a good influence on me own bugger!"

Clerval shrugged. << I usually go with what I think he means or rely on my own common sense. Ain't so much hassle as you'd think, just a nuisance. Ah. Pleasure t' meet the both of you then, Rosie and Firefly. I get the 'Fire' part, but what's with 'fly'?>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:28 pm
"Maybe she is objecting to being called an a**," Oliver suggested helpfully. It sounded rather obvious to him. "Sucrose will behave, she has more manners then to go around poking people." Occasionally knocking them down in enthusiasm but certainly not prod someone in their buttocks.

<> The Flareon replied, flicking an ear in Clerval's direction. <>

<> Sucrose replied and trotted up to Oliver so he could remove the packs. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm
"Nah, I don't think so... She's just a bloody arsehole if she thinks I ain't doin' what she thinks I oughta be bloomin' doin'. Gurt pain in the arse she is... I call an attack- f'r one o' the other critters mind you!- an' she'll be there givin' me a bloody poke..."

<> Clerval agreed, then gave a nod toward Clancy.
<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:06 pm
"Does she now?" Oliver asked, wondering faintly what sort of attack Clancy would call out and slightly wincing at the thought. He bet they were absolutely mangled.

<> he replied and gave a confused noise. <> He questioned, and jumped down, walking over. <>

Sucrose rumbled happily, headbutting Oliver playfully as he unbuckled the harness and removed the extra weight from her sides. <> They were both weakfish and sort of similar but not really. Not enough to confuse them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:25 pm
"Yeah. Right pain in the arse, she is. Any'ow," Clancy pointed at the packs Oliver'd brought in "That all y' got t' come in 'ere or y' got more in the hall? Also, I bloody well 'ope you don't snore!"

<> Clerval agreed again and snorted with amusment. <>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 pm
"No, this is all of it." Oliver looked over the small pilled making up all his personal professions. He would regain what he lost..it was just going to take awhile. He uncoiled the chain around his waist, looping the length that ended in a weighed spike. "And I shouldn't, I haven't got any complaints about that at least."

<> Firefly asked. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:48 pm
"Excellent! Bloody top 'ole then, you'll bloomin' well do! Fair warnin'! I do bloomin' snore! So it's nice not t' 'ave any bloody competition n' more!" Clancy actually seemed sincere about this...
"What 'bout y' critters? Ain't gonna start trundlin' all o'er the damned room at all hours o' the bloody mornin', or when folks are tryin' t' sleep are they?"

<>
The Pikachu bobbed his head in a slow nod.
<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:18 pm
"I'm equip with ear plugs," Oliver replied dryly and scoot the
bags and trunk off his bed to make it. Clancy wasn't the first roommate he had that snored, and earplugs were just useful. "They are unlikely to, or at the very least, unlikely to wake you up." He didn't have anything that clumsy. Sucrose was close, but she was more likely to flop down and sleep.

<> Firefly said and hummed. <>

Sucrose settled down on the floor, curling up tightly and yawned. <>  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas