Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past & Inactive Profiles
[Y1] Riko Okumura: Student [APPROVED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kumerelle

Duck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:54 pm
User ImageG E N E R A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Username: KawaiiBunny_56
      Name: Riko Okumura
      Sexual Orientation: Straight
      Ethnicity: Japanese/American
      Height: 4'3"
      Weight: 73 lbs
      Theme Song: SAO - Courage

P E R S O N A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Personality: Riko is a sweet, energetic, and curious girl. She is cheerful and also very outgoing, not afraid to speak her mind. But when she's mad, it's over. She will be hard to deal with and will be hotheaded and very scary, at times cruel. Luckily, she rarely gets mad, and will only be if you do something to her pokemon or the people she loves.
      Strengths:
      ♥ Confident - She would always tell and what's on her mind and will speak up if she feels that she needs to
      ♥ Determined - She will never give up and will work hard until the end, despite all the challenges she would have to face
      ♥ Good Strategist - She will always come up with a plan ahead of time for any battles but if she has to make it on the fly, she will

Weaknesses:
      ♥ Stubborn at times - Sometimes if she is in a bad mood, she will not listen to your suggestions even if it is meant to help her
      ♥ Easy to start arguments - Even the littlest things will get her upset and start an argument, but they end quickly afterwards
      ♥ Can be clumsy and ditzy - Rarely, only if she is in a hurry

Biography:

When she was little, she was always teased by kids her age because of her weird sense of style and because she was the only one in her family who didn't even know what Pokemon was. That got her into a state of depression and her family was worried sick. Her older sister, Yui, told her that those kids were jealous because they would never be able to live the life that she had. A great family, a huge house, and her knowledge for Pokemon. Riko told her that she didn't know anything about Pokemon, but her sister says that was going to change. Yui then told Riko a bit about Pokemon, like what they are and what you do with them.

Since then, Riko grew up with some knowledge of Pokemon ( and broke out of depression) because of her family. Her dad was a Pokemon breeder, mom was a top coordinator, and Yui is traveling around the Unova region (she is a Pokemon artist). She would always help them by taking care of their Pokemon, and she befriended many Pokemon around her home. Whenever they had time, one of her family members would tell her about their Pokemon journeys and how they became who they are now. She would always so go adventures no matter what challenges might face her because she always wanted to see new Pokemon. After learning about her sister's hobby, she was determined to become a Pokemon trainer herself. She learned more about different trainers and was the most fascinated by the Elite Four, and that was her dream ever since.

When she was 10 years old, her father decided to let her choose her own starter Pokemon from a huge variety. Riko then decided to choose a female Snivy who was the only one who Riko felt she had in common- who she could relate to. Those two have been inseparable ever since. According to her family, those two "are a strong duo joined to the hip". Thanks to Riko's knowledge, she had no problem taking care of Snivy and training with her (ok, maybe some problems that required her to get attacked by some Pokemon living in the woods).

When she was 11, her mother told her about Ordell Academy and suggested that she enroll there to learn how to become a better trainer. Riko accepted and was off to go. Before she headed off to the Academy, her family threw her a party and even her sister was there, which was rare because she was usually traveling around different cities to see new Pokemon. After that, she headed to the Academy along with her Snivy, with one last promise to her family. She will work hard and become strong, and she will never let them down.

Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova Region
          ↦ Battling
          ↦ Going on adventures
          ↦ Being outdoors
          ↦ Anime

Dislikes:
          ↦ Bitter foods
          ↦ Sad music
          ↦ Dark colors

S C H O O L - I N F O R M A T I O N (This information will be filled out later)

House: Charizard
      Dorm Room: Room 200
      Elective Classes:
      Morning Class: Battle Class
      Afternoon Class: History of the World & Pokemon Class
      Clubs:
      Goals:

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Pokemon: Snivy
        Friendship Points: 50
        User Image
        Level: 5
        Nature: Calm
        Ability: Overgrow
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Tackle
            ►Leer

I N V E N T O R Y (Do not fill in this section)
      ► P O K E B A L L S :
        ↦ 1x User Image

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
        ↦ 3x User Image

ⓄⓇⒹⒺⓁⓁ⊖ⒶⒸⒶⒹⒺⓂⓎ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:16 pm
KawaiiBunny_56

Hey there and welcome to our guild. I read your profile and there are some things to go over.

-You have the incorrect code word that states you read the rules. It's an honest mistake ^^.

- Generally for the section on strengths and weakness, we would like profiles to avoid just one word answers and go into a little more depth about those features. Really flesh out what makes your character themselves.

That being said; your bio has some problems that we need to address.

Quote:
Her older 16 year- old sister, Yui...... Yui then took Riko out on a trip. They traveled to many cities, despite their mother's objections... and Riko watched Yui compete in tournaments and gym battles.....Her sister then showed her a bunch of different Pokemon around the Unova region and she even let Riko battle with her Pokemon.

Yui was one of Unova's champions.

This is my biggest concern. You're stating that your character at the age of ~9-10 traveled with her 16 year old sister who later becomes the Unova Champion. While I am not clear on our stance on relations with Champion; the main problem is their age. Directing your attention to this Post Here to help clarify some question regarding the lore of the guild. Yui is too young to be doing any type of trainer related things such as battle tournaments and becoming the champion since Yui would had been between the ages 4-5 when the law mentioned in the lore was enacted so she should be in an academy if she wants to become a trainer or make her vastly older...without the traveling of Riko. So this will have to be changed. Honestly I would stick to having a coordinator mother and breeder father.

Quote:
Riko grew up with great knowledge of Pokemon ( and broke out of depression) because of her family.

We don't have problem with students knowing some stuff about pokemon. And I would accept her knowing a little extra became of her parents. However, the rule of thumb is she's going to the academy to learn, so she should know more than the teachers teaching the classes and more than a child her age should know about pokemon which is how many there are, their types and what they look like. The way we see it, the less a student comes in knowing, the more they can be rp'ed learning.

Also your Snivy. Pokemon are suppose to have one ability. If you have from the school by randomizing, you'll get a pokemon that has their hidden ability i.e- a snivy with Contrary and an egg move. However you have a Snivy from your 'home' so it will be a Snivy with the ability Overgrow solely stated and their moveset will the only moves they can learn up til lvl5. Basically like getting a fresh starter at the beginning of the pokemon games.

This means that your Snivy will only know Tackle and Leer since Vine Whip is learned at level 7, Leaf Tornado at lvl 16, Leaf Blade at lvl 28 and Leaf Storm at lvl 43. And none of those are egg moves. Info about Snivy can be found here or on other sites such as serebii.net

Otherwise, Interesting character and story. I really cant wait to see what you'll do with her.

ADDED 3/10/16:

It looks much better now. But I would take out the progress of Yui...Rather just state that she's on a journey in the Unova Region. We're actually not allowing other characters to be champions aside from the ones in the games.

Also here's a good link for a snivy sprite: Snivy  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Kumerelle

Duck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:42 pm
reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:44 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

I fixed it! Not sure if I did everything correctly or if it was all, but would you mind checking it over again?  

Kumerelle

Duck

Kumerelle

Duck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:50 pm
reserved  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:18 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Alright changed it (I basically changed her hobby)! I added the sprite as well  

Kumerelle

Duck

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:58 am
KawaiiBunny_56

Thank you for the wait, I'm really like the profile so it gets my approval.

Once I get some questions answers I'll be setting you up with your rare candies and such =D

Welcome to Ordell Academy

UPDATED: 3/14/16

The following items are given to your character:

- 1x User Image
- 5x User Image
- User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

Since you are bringing a pokemon,
Your snivy gets a full heart:
User Image

Add this to your pokemon's info in your profile and this will keep track of Friendship Points obtained.

You will also have Battle Class and History of the World & Pokémon Class  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:20 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Once I get some questions answers I'll be setting you up with your rare candies and such =D

Thank you so much! ^0^ I can't wait!!! >.<  

Kumerelle

Duck

Kumerelle

Duck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:44 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
KawaiiBunny_56

UPDATED: 3/14/16

The following items are given to your character:

- 1x User Image
- 5x User Image
- User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

Since you are bringing a pokemon,
Your snivy gets a full heart:
User Image

Add this to your pokemon's info in your profile and this will keep track of Friendship Points obtained.

You will also have Battle Class and History of the World & Pokémon Class
Alright added!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm
Kumerelle

New Friendship Points Distributed to:

Snivy User Image  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100