Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Another Kind of Prey [Thrill of the Hunt/Kiss Kiss] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If he were the type of buck to have friends, those friends might have said that Thrill of the Hunt became an entirely different Kimeti when hunting. They would see his focus shift and the often cruel smile fade into a flat line, his abrasive tongue would fall silent and his muscles would tense out of his indolent laze. When he was hunting, he was the hunt. There was no if. His quarry would fall to him eventually. If it took him longer than a day, two, even three, then so be it. He was patient, he would wear them down.

If he had friends, he might not have needed the hunt as keenly as he did but he didn’t and so he set forth again. His heart beat a steady rhythm in his chest and his gaze raked across every leaf, every stone, every slight imprint in the earth. There was no lacking for potential prey in the swamp but sometimes fighting something worth taking down took time. Anyone could silence a songbird and rip open a foxbun. There was no point if there wasn’t some challenge to it.

It had been three hours since he’d begun, still moving steadily, untiring. That was when he heard the whistle. It stopped him in his tracks, captured the breath in his lungs and his smiled, a quick flash of teeth that was gone as soon as it appeared. Whistler had found something. Something good. The songbird would stay with its find, keeping the hunter on track until they met in a bloody finale.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:34 am

Her nose had quivered, muzzle darting upwards, at the rustle in the trees - her hindhoof lifted, ready to beat out the warning thump for some imaginary warren. But the bird that fluttered down was a songbird, red and bright and pretty, and so she lowered her leg and hopped out of the bushes instead.

"Hallo!" she chirped brightly, for a songbird would not hurt her.

Ruriska

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:07 am
The bird was sitting in a low branch, head tilting curiously from one side to the other, weighing up the kin beneath it.

It twittered, hopped sideways twice, feathers ruffling.

Then it whistled, loud and sharp.

Jun D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 am
Kiss Kiss tripped backwards a little at the sharp whistle. It sounded dangerous, and she did not quite like it. But it was such a pretty songbird, and it could not possibly hurt her.

"Hallo?" she said again, a little less sure, this time.

Ruriska

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:26 am
The bird puffed up at the hello, seemingly pleased. It whistled again, softer.

The predator was swift and silent.

Closer and closer.

It didn’t register that the prey he was hunting was actually another kin until Thrill of the Hunt was already mid-lunge. His presence was announced when he burst out from the bushes and was forced to bring himself to an abrupt halt as realization struck.

Not that it stopped him from practically falling on top of her but at least he hadn’t gone for her throat, which was pale, pretty and the very real focus of his hunter instinct screaming out killing blow.

Jun D
what is this post even??? so bad, i'm sorry
i can change this aaah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:57 am
In her mind, she could hear herself scream - like a wild animal, a dying animal, her last scream. She had not screamed, the cry had died in her throat as they'd tumbled to the ground. She did not move from where she'd fallen, pinned under the hunter. She crouched there, wide-eyed and trembling, seeing nothing.  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:02 pm
The hunter growled a curse under his breath as he remained a heavy, smothering weight over his quivering prey. When he turned his face, her scent was right there, clogging his nose, fear and sweetness all rolled into one. It was enough to make your head swim.

Then he moved, up and away, creating distancing and barking out a very irritated, "idiot!"

As if it was all entirely her fault.

Jun D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:13 am
It took a moment before sense and vision returned, and Kiss Kiss finally realised the terrifying form was no longer pressed over her. Still, she cowered, but she also peered cautiously over: he had hooves, he spoke. He was not all fang and claw.

"Are you," she quavered, "going to eat me?"

Ruriska
Ten million years later...

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:04 am
Was she serious?

Well, he had just pounced on her as if she was the frightened rabbit she resembled.

His expression went flat. "Would you like me to?"

Jun D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:35 am
She squeaked and pressed her head into the ground, "No!"

But yet a strange thrill shivered through her body, and her heart beat a different response. There was something about the tone of his voice that she liked - or, at least, drew her.

Ruriska
kiss kiss no

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:39 am
"Shame," he said.

Whistler chose that moment to pipe in, giving a merry 'peep, peep, peep' from an overlooking branch. Thrill of the Hunt shot it an accusatory glower. The darn thing should know the difference between a rabbit and a rabbit-looking kin by now but apparently it was stupider than originally thought.

Jun D
kiss kiss yes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 am
At the lilting notes, she jumped, a quiver in her limbs. Right, it was the bird.

"I thought you were a nice little songbird," she skittered over to the branch, scolding. She did not know how to talk to the buck, strong and corded and menacing, but she could talk to the bird.

"But you were trying to get me eaten all along."

Ruriska

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:43 am
Whistler tilted its head this way and that, and then, looking far too proud for someone who had just ruined a hunt and put a lady in a rather unfortunate position, started to preen.

"Well," the hunter drawled, amused by the interaction, "since you won't let me eat you and my bird has failed miserably, looks like I'm going to starve." He gave her an expectant stare. "What are you going to do about it?"

Jun D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:27 am
Kiss Kiss froze, looking up with wide, blue eyes. It was her fault? Must she provide?

For a moment she thought of running. His stare held her in place.

Did he eat only meat? She could not hunt.

"I know," she said, limbs quivering, "where there are some berries."

Ruriska

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 pm
He'd been utterly decided on forcing her to go on a hunt with him, just to watch her stumble around uselessly. But she saved herself that humiliation by offering the one thing Thrill of the Hunt would accept over any meat - berries.

"Well," he said with a shrug, as if he didn't really, really like berries and was now in a hurry to get there, "lead the way then."

Jun D

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces