Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:56 pm
Welcome to the QUEST REQUEST CENTER, where you request quests for your characters. Quest Requests are only open to dreamers at this time, though anyone may participate in a requested quest once it's in play!

What is a quest, you might ask. Well you see it is basically a DM'd series of posts or a guided set of RPs given to you by a member of the mod team. It's basically a road map to completing some of your reqs while getting cool rewards, but you don't have to do as much noodling with your ideas as you might have to otherwise. Think of them as side-quests in a tabletop game: they may or may not benefit you later in the main storyline, but they'll be a lot of fun and a good way to gain experience.

Well, what if you get a quest you don't want? We try to minimize that as much as possible. See, each quest request is written for your specific character, with their trouble in mind! So each one should have a built-in conflict and a point of interest to get your character really into it. However, we do recognize that there are many roads to Babylon, and/or city of your choice, and if you get a quest you really don't want you can just say so. We won't assign you a new one, and you'll still have the cooldown period; these things are written just for you and they take a ton of time. But there will be no hard feelings and once you're done waiting, you can ask for another one!

Okay, so how do you get one? Read on, fair adventurer, read on!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:22 pm
BUT FIRST, THE RULES!

1. You may request one quest every four weeks, and may only have one quest at a time. This is PER PLAYER, not per character, so keep this in mind when you make your request if you've got multiple characters!

2. If you request a quest on Tuesday, March 29, you can't request another one until Tuesday, April 26, exactly four weeks from your first request. However, if you haven't completed your Tuesday March 29 quest yet, you still can't make another request until it's complete. Once that quest's done and your cooldown's past, you can request a new quest right away!

3. A quest will have a road map or outline for its completion, generally two to five RPs or solos. You must complete all of the RPs or solos outlined to complete the quest! You won't get the reward otherwise.

4. Some quests may have different length requirements than your standard growth requirements. So a thread or solo, rather than being 500 words, might have to be 750 or 1000. You must meet these length requirements for your solo or RP to count towards your quest completion! We will be checking.

5. You can involve as many people as you feel is necessary. However, you may not involve NPCs unless they're listed in your quest outline as a possible resource.

6. Because your quest will be posted in your character's journal, you should have your front page entirely reserved. If you don't, your quest will still drop, it'll just be on the front page.

7. Where quests are posted by Ashdown Crier and you have a DM RP, please post in shibrogane's modbook using the appropriate form to start them. Where quests are started by Ashdown Whaler and you have a DM RP, please post in azuredream's modbook using the appropriate form instead.

8. Should your quest finish and a reward not be provided in the course of the quest itself, please post to your quest giver’s modbook with your complete requirements to have your reward provided/confirmed.

9. Please refrain from pressuring your quest giver into creating, working on or RPing your quest unless it has sat untouched for more than a week. Keep in mind we have a small staff that keep work schedules for sanity!

10. Remember that your quest RPs and solos cannot be used towards bonus powers/items but they can be used towards growth to your next stage!

10. HAVE FUN emotion_donotwant  

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:45 pm
AND SECOND, an example quest!

congratulations, dreamer!
    you now have the honor of completing the five tacos, five restaurants, two hours challenge. to complete this most excellent quest and unlock the powers that lie within, you must complete these requirements.
  • 500 words on how your character decides to undertake this challenge
  • 500 words on how this challenge goes for your character
  • 500 words on any consequences this character suffers.
    in exchange, your character will receive this power:
      guts of steel. your character can eat anything. literally anything. well, like, it has to be something they can chew. but the point is, if their teeth can mash it and their stomach can hold it, their digestive system can turn it to crap.
    have fun, and let us know when you've completed your requirements!

So this dreamer has a new quest, which is to eat five tacos at five different restaurants in two hours, including travel and service time. They have to write three solos OR roleplays in which they address the three topics listed in order to complete the challenge and gain the power described. This is a pretty simple quest and a pretty simple power, but all of them will fall under these same guidelines.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:51 pm
NOW you may request a quest!!

Here's the form:

[size=15]quest request!![/size][list]This quest is for (character and link to journal here).
I am interested in (any topics you're interested in; if you say "anything" i will give you a quest about the five-taco End of the World run in Ashdown; be as specific as you like; examples would be things like "otherworld creatures" "why is rider-waite a field instead of a school" "where is adoelle" "why is the library so jacked up").
I am not interested in (anything you don't want to write about; this can be "i don't want my character to get hurt or be in danger" or something like "i don't want to have a real world quest").
Some rewards I am interested in are (monetary reward, magical reward, favors, meta knowledge--whatever you want--and we'll give you something along these lines).

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, (date). I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.[/list]

So when you're done with it, it should look like this:

Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for aleksy spektor, the bitchy imperator.
    I am interested in developing his power of Sight. I'm also curious about the library, what it is, and how it works.
    I am not interested in getting him permanently blinded or otherwise maimed. Injury in the short term is okay.
    Some rewards I am interested in are magical expansions to his powers: maybe he can now tell what people's powers are from staring at them super hard?

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, (date). I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

You post it here, in the Quest Request center. Usually you'll get a quest in a day or two, but it can take up to a week, so be patient! It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

OK!! Go forth and quest, my children!!  

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:52 pm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:57 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for erin barabutes, the awkward tech nerd
    I am interested in building on her technology based power, as well as what kinds of other creatures might exist in other Ashdown, and the potential limits of magic in other Ashdown, and how her tech power helps her there.
    I am not interested in maiming, or death. Injuries and kidnapping are quite alright.
    Some rewards I am interested in are maybe a potential friend/guide creature through other Ashdown, and expansions of her power (maybe now if she tells tech to turn on or off it'll do so, kinda like light technomancy)

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, March 30, 2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 3/30/16  

a-disgruntled-dragon

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for asiya el-amin, the literal starving artist.
    I am interested in developing Asiya's powers of cognition through art (be they precognitive or postcognitive). I'm also curious about the strange symbol & who/what it belongs to, and what it means.
    I am not interested in losing a limb or dying (blindness, deafness, muteness are all ok). Minor injuries & kidnapping are also ok. I'm not so fond of real-world quests.
    Some rewards I am interested in are a friend/companion through other Ashdown, magical expansion/development to his powers (initially, Asiya won't be able to control when/what she draws -- maybe, later on, she can figure out how to tell when the urge to cognitively paint is or what the events she's painting, if only briefly). A realm of her own in other Ashdown might be neat, too!

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, March 30th 2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30/3/16

Quest complete.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:44 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for Algie Mixlin.
    I am interested in exploring usage of his very very specific dreamer power (because I feel like he won't notice he has it), with a focus on Heliodora's book and it's secrets. ::EDIT:: As he is close to riser (within a couple RPs) this could be a 'level up' quest as a possibility.
    I am not interested in intense maiming or death, but dangerous situations- things outside of his comfort zone- emotional distress- and minor physical changes/damage are okay.
    Some rewards I am interested in are magical rewards, meta knowledge or favors with the powers that be.

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, 3/30/16. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 3/30/16

Quest complete.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:10 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for Autumn Smith
    I am interested in: She wants to learn about other Ashdown creatures, how to protect people, how to keep innocent people from getting involved. Any usage of her new power would be cool!

I am not interested in: Nothing about her family for right now – Also no death!

Some rewards I am interested in are: Meta knowledge, magical beastie friends, the ability to spawn flower crowns

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, March 30th. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30 Mar 2016

Quest complete  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:32 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for rabbit vaughn, the well-meaning degenerate.

I am interested in forcing Rabbit to care about other ashdown, whether it be through assisting the creatures there (good caring), protecting regular civilians/himself from those same creatures (bad caring), or any other activity you deem awesome.

I am not interested in death and/or permanent, debilitating maiming. Serious injury is fine, as long as he remains mostly functional when he heals. I don't really want him to have to eat copious amounts of anything either, but that's mostly a me thing. XD

The only reward I am interested in is a simple reason for him to care. At the moment, if he ever found himself in other ashdown again, there would be nothing stopping him from sitting on the ground and waiting for someone to send him home. (I mean, he wouldn't be able to ignore the COME AND SEEs, but left to his own devices he would have little inclination to explore.) He's met entities thousands and thousands of years older than he is and they all seem perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. As it stands he is pretty sure they don't need his weak human self butting in and he needs to believe otherwise if he's going to get anywhere, even if it's not true. Magical rewards and meta knowledge wouldn't go unappreciated either, but I'm mostly looking for a shop approved way for him to be forced to involve himself.

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, March 30th. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30/3/16  

Smerdle

Scamp

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:15 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    Zachary Bantock – Determined Querent
    I am interested in: The graffiti in other Ashdown, why Raider Waite is just a field, the Library in Other Ashdown, History of Sunny in –regular- Ashdown, Other-creatures, Cats and their relation to Other Ashdown, (asking cats questions??)
    Books, always books, just generally trying to understand WTF is going on, learning new things that are new and things that are run on sentences.
    Physical changes are also ok, though if we go that way I'd love them to be...progressive but surprises are cool <3

I am not interested in: Dying? I’m ok with injury; I’d love to have him be ok enough to participate in the next Meta though. Not… super interested in the eating quest just because that seems not so Zac even though the result makes me laugh.

Some rewards I am interested in are magical reward, favors, meta knowledge, IDK, surprise abilities that could sneak up on him later because it would make him cranky and it would be interesting to RP. Anything that might help in general for moving things further down the road even if not immediately apparent?

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, (30/3/16). I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30/3/16  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:07 am
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for leila townhome, eager entomologist

I am interested in...
  • Full honesty time: when we were prompted by Pax in the meta to hear a strange new thing, I wrote Leila's response with the thought that we might be able to keep what our characters could hear as a power. So I would like to explore making that possibility a reality in some form -- either as a new power for Leila, or discovering some kind of 'sixth sense' any dreamer can develop with instruction, or both.
  • Leila getting some reasons to stay curious about or invested in Other Ashdown and its goings-on even after the rest of the missing kids are found.
  • Drawing stuff! Give me drawing prompts as well as, or instead of writing prompts! Make me storybook/comic all of my 'solo' bits if you want. That'd be fun. UuU

I am not interested in
  • Dun kill my precious beam of sunshine pls

Some rewards I am interested in are magic, appearance changes, or meta knowledge! Maybe a favor of the owed variety?

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, 3/30/2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30/3/16  

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:49 pm
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for jeremiah mercer, the ornery detective

Prefacing this with I'm pretty sure I've rambled my ULTIMATE PLANS (TM) for Jeremiah, so if anything I want parts of this to focus on him learning to understand magic more in other ashdown (he's got a grasp of it) as was as further possible changes for him. (Also the fact that I want him to eventually develop an ability wherein he can find points where it's easier to slip into other ashdown with ease, versus having to kind of ... keep at it until he gets to it. Eventual expansion would be finding ways out as well.) You can ttly ignore that if you want. It's just a THING I WILL WORK ON.

I am absolutely interested in starting off with the following: Jeremiah knows about the flyers, he will absolutely take a stack to other ashdown and, with some serious intent, see what happens. If there's anything about IT, about what scares Sunny, that is where he is at. Thought process is that if this place is a cage for IT, then understanding that will help him possibly learn about how to rescue the teens.

Little interest in REAL WORLD aspects. At least at this time. The only exception to this is if there are discoveries to made that are Ashdown / other ashdown differences. Jeremiah is focused on finding knowledge and information via looking into other ashdown as he believes, for the moment, there's more to be found there. If something leads him back to Ashdown and there's a trail to follow, he will follow it, but for the most part other ashdown. Oh, I've been told I'm not to maim him anymore for now. More changes courtesy of other ashdown hanging out are A-OKAY.

Interested in meta knowledge, possibly some more shady deals, or something of a contact/point of information within other ashdown. Abilities/surprises that later come up, can prove to be useful/detrimental (or not more because I may have done that to him already, lawl)!

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, 30 Mar 2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 30/3/16

Quest complete.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:02 pm
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for christopher watts, the tireless teacher
    I am interested in Christopher learning more about other ashdown in the sense of the creatures and/or plants, learning more about Helidora and why she's there or any of the kids there, expansion on his power maybe? His way of doing magic is probably going to be based on plants due to Korean Folk Magic so I want to get him sort of familiar with stuff/down that route
    I am not interested in please don't kill him, please don't maim him (injuries are fine so long as he can teach still), and anything in the real world.
    Some rewards I am interested in are meta knowledge, magic, possibly favors?

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, 10 Apr 2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 13/4/16  

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:20 pm
Quote:
quest request!!
    This quest is for Vespertine Price.

I am interested in having Ves learn more about her own powers and other people's powers. She's not necessarily ready to look into Other Ashdown again just yet, but that whole... meeting Pax, finding Heliodora incident has really just left her confused. Basically, she still doesn't understand how she's remotely connected to it all and needs to start discovering/confronting her ties to all these shenanigans.

I am not interested in major injuries.

Some rewards I am interested in are powers, friends, a better understanding of magic in the real world (I don't think she's ready for magic in Other Ashdown yet).

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, 4/12/2016. I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

Quest dropped 18/4/16  
plot threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces