[Blessing]Steps to the future [ShelteredxGivefoward]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Shelter had left familiarity of the desert, to the swamp, raised a litter of young, watched his grandchildren, and now he was seeking out a blessing. He was giddy and nervous. He had never thought to be a father a second time.

Yet, he was pleased to bring another set of acha young into the swamp, even if they would never touch the sands of desert. That had settled into a low ache of bygone memories and scents. He shook his head, and moved on, ears perked and listening.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:10 pm
Shaddaling
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The mare had been woken in as the swamp was alive with the hoots of owls. A warmth beneath her skin had made it impossible to sleep, or stay still. As wakefulness and time came, so, too, had the realization bloomed. Euphoria burst; the mare's body became ghostly and then faded altogether as the songbird flew into the sky.

It was hard to tell how long she had searched. The mind of a songbird was still overwhelming in its differences. As it was, the unbridled joy had seemingly led her to an acha. She cocked her head, he as handsome as a sunrise. Giveforward's lilting song announced her presence as she fluttered down and landed on a much nearer branch to the expectant father. She trilled a greeting and waited.  

anemosagkelos

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:25 pm
anemosagkelos

Sheltered shifted, dancing slightly on his hooves as something not bright, fluttering browns and greens and ooh. That, that was not a bird, not a normal one. He bowed he head. "Hello, miss?" He questioned, quiet and focused. "Can I help you? Or did you hear me? I hope I did not disturb you."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:39 pm
Shaddaling
The songbird leaned forward as if to better hear the buck. As his own voice quieted, a series of chirps and tweets were volleyed back. Vibrant, piercing green eyes seemed to wait and then--

"Oh, right," a sheepish voice broke the spell as the songbird vanished. Emerging from the bushes was a stunning mare, colored identical to the now departed feathered singer. Giveforward smiled broadly at the expectant father, eyes bright, "I forgot you don't speak songbird."

She took a moment -- it was still quite jarring to go from kin to songbird and back again -- before speaking to reassure him.

"Oh no, you didn't disturb me. In fact, I have been searching for you!" She bounced, giddy, "I can help you. I mean, if you want a blessing. I know not all kin seek them out..." And that last sentence seemed to almost make the mare look sad.  

anemosagkelos

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:47 pm
anemosagkelos

"Ooh, no, I don't, though I found it very lovely," Sheltered reassured, pausing to step back to get a better look at the mare, and not to be in her personal space. "I'm Sheltered.. and you were? Ooh, I was, I really was looking for a blessing." He wanted the best for his upcoming young.

"If you would be so kind?" He asked, ear perking forward. "It.. must be thrilling to be able to speak songbird."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 pm
Shaddaling
"Giveforward; it's a pleasure to meet you, Sheltered." And then she beamed. The smile before was eclipsed by this new blinding-as-the-sun joy. She could help and that help was wanted. Could any other feeling be so splendid?

She gave an enthusiastic nod -- she wouldn't pass up a sought after blessing -- before addressing his last comment, "It is; quite different from kin-speak. And the flying is great, too!" Clearly she was at home in such a different body, almost another world.

A blessing then, "Is there anything specific you wish for them?" She was quite interested in the answer; she'd never actually blessed a kin before. She didn't want to be sub-par at it by bestowing a quality he wasn't fond of.  

anemosagkelos

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:10 pm
anemosagkelos

Sheltered smiled and paused. "Ooh, ooh that is important isn't it?" Sheltered mummer, thoughtful, and he had wanted one but he wasn't sure what to ask. "I want them safe, and I want them to be able to exceed in what ever they wish." He blew air, shifting.

"But I think everyone wishes for their children to be safe, and to succeed. But I don't even know if that can be a blessing." He paused and shifted back slightly. "And I'm rambling a bit, apologies."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 pm
Shaddaling
"Of course it can, Sheltered. Anything can be a blessing." That was likely overstating it. There were bound to be limitations, in a manner of speaking, but safety and success were not those.

"Your children will be safe and successful in their most desired dreams," the mare began. "And healthy!" she added quickly. She hoped that was a good blessing.

"You're going to be a great dad," Giveforward assured and felt the euphoria that had kept her in motion fade, replaced with a happiness that was less frenetic and more peaceful. She had helped; finally.  

anemosagkelos

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:04 am
anemosagkelos

Shelter smiled, pleased and slightly embarrassed because he hadn't asked for health and he should have asked for health. "Thank you, so much." He said and gave a slight twitch.

Ooh, he hoped he was a great dad the second time around, he loved Tiny dearly but she had been easy to raise. Unlike some of the newest arrivals. "I certainly hope I am." He said fretfully. "Each time is different I've heard. And I guess I should be thankful to have my daughter and granddaughter's help."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:00 am
Shaddaling
"No, thank you! I'm so glad I could help!"

The mare lifted a hoof as if to turn away but then shuffled forward, suddenly serious, "As long as you love them, you'll be wonderful." The weight behind the words was firm yet warm and it was obvious she'd never believe him to have the potential to be anything but a wonderful father. With the earnest faith, such a statement could only be reassuring.  

anemosagkelos

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff