Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply War of the World (Polls Open Until May 6th) - 22 threads
The War of the World

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:35 pm
The War of the World is a battle between countries to decide which country has the best flag.

The countries will be split into 20 groups of 10 with the top 3 flags in each group advancing to the next round. Each round will last for 1 month once the voting begins.

To get 200 countries I took the 194 officially recognized countries of the world, split the UK into it's 4 member countries to get 197 and added Kosovo, Palestine and Taiwan, because their soverignty is recognized by a significant number of nations, to get an even 200.

To make the groups I typed all of the countries in alphabetical order into random.org. I then took this randomized list and seeded them in order into the 20 groups and arranged each group in alphabetical order. The end result are the 20 groups you see.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 am
The polls for War of the World are now open! They will remain open for 30 days and close on May 6th. Happy voting and may the best flag win!  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm
Do you mind if we/I use this as a discussion thread and talk about our flag opinions here, or would it be best to do that somewhere else?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:54 pm
Alphagirl
Do you mind if we/I use this as a discussion thread and talk about our flag opinions here, or would it be best to do that somewhere else?
Either here or in a new thread. 3nodding  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:57 pm
Noted! Since it's here, may as well use this thread.

So I'm actually pretty impressed by how consistently pretty a lot of the central Asian countries' flags are. Ended up voting for a lot of them as a result.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:47 pm
Alphagirl
Noted! Since it's here, may as well use this thread.

So I'm actually pretty impressed by how consistently pretty a lot of the central Asian countries' flags are. Ended up voting for a lot of them as a result.
I think I had a pretty good mix. A few groups made me wish I could vote twice. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Insomniatic Songbird

Intermediate Duck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:20 am
There were definitely some groups for which I wanted to vote for more than one flag.
Also I gave up on voting on aesthetics/design/recognizability early on, because voting for the most badass design is more fun. I love the flags with suns/birds/dragons/temples on them so much.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 am
Insomniatic Songbird
There were definitely some groups for which I wanted to vote for more than one flag.
Also I gave up on voting on aesthetics/design/recognizability early on, because voting for the most badass design is more fun. I love the flags with suns/birds/dragons/temples on them so much.
Dragons seem to be dominating so far. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:05 pm
So now that I have real wifi again thanks to the technician guy fixing things today, question: When's the next round of voting start up again? Combing through the results was neat.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:40 pm
Alphagirl
So now that I have real wifi again thanks to the technician guy fixing things today, question: When's the next round of voting start up again? Combing through the results was neat.
I was having some problems with depression. I'm back again now. I'll start up round 2 soon.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:03 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Alphagirl
I was having some problems with depression. I'm back again now. I'll start up round 2 soon.

No rush, friend! I'm just glad to see you around again. smile  
War of the World (Polls Open Until May 6th) - 22 threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff