Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:24 pm
Skirt the others.

That’s what his mind told him. It was easier to avoid others than to answer their questions on his appearance. He didn’t want to answer questions he had no User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. answers to. Nothing he could recall. He felt movement on his back and he flicked an ear towards the foxbun riding there, a sort of inward smile given as he moved away from the noise he could hear not far ahead. He really, really didn’t want to get near others.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There was a glow in the woods. Flitting between the trees, Echo kept an eye on it as she moved ever-closer to the source of the glow. Was this a pet of some sort, or perhaps a cluster of fairies? She'd been carrying a carefully-webbed globe for long enough, she'd appreciate a new contribution of light to the cave systems that she and her brother curated, especially given her serpent had hidden something foul in the caves, and the stench of it rotting had made an entire branch of the warren perilous to enter.

Just a buck, was the first thing to cross her mind, when she'd finally tracked down the source closely enough to ascertain who it was. But a second glance showed that he was a comely buck indeed– and...

...and a scarred one, at that. How had he gotten them? What stories did he have to tell? She moved to take a roundabout path to cross with him, hoping he hadn't noticed her stalking, and that she could pass this off as a chance meeting.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:28 pm
There was a soft noise from his small companion but he opted to ignore it. After all Repeat tended to be easily excitable over the stupidest of things. The wind, sometimes rain, a stray leaf. So the slight noise of agitation was ignored as he continued to move along, farther away from the noise he could hear, the slight lights he could see.

He paused a moment, head low to the ground as if searching for something when in reality he was merely trying to listen. To take a path that led to quietness and solitude. Things he was far more used to than any sort of actual companionship, foxbun excluded. After a moment he was walking again, noticing the noises were fading away and he breathed a low sigh of relief. Still too close to stop for the night. Must keep going. He wouldn’t risk being found when the light got brighter the next day.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:29 pm
There. She seemed to have escaped unnoticed– hooves crossed, and a little hop for extra luck– and she was thusly free to approach. She let her hooves fall less carefully, more naturally, and stirred at the dead leaves still clinging to springdead branches for good measure.

Better she be noticed than startle him– her greeting would depend entirely on his reception of a strange doe approaching.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 pm
His head lifted in surprise as he heard what sounded like hoof fall nearing him, and he closed his eyes thoughtfully a moment trying to listen harder to discern if it was a wild animal or if it was something more. That sounds like more than animal.

The first instinct to come over him was to flee, but he didn’t know the area well enough to do that, and it was growing too dark to run recklessly. His luck he’d run into a tree and break his neck. That left the one option he didn’t want, and that was to stand his ground. Repeat was shifting on his back as he took a step backward, then a second as he found himself bumping against a tree.

This is good. I think. I’ll have something to put between me and whatever… though for as wary as he was of what he could hear coming his way there was a small hint of curiosity wiggling away in his brain. He wondered what, or who was there as much as he almost dreaded finding out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:04 pm
He was quiet, but she was fairly certain he'd noticed her, by the way he startled, and then moved against a tree. Is he scared of me? the doe thought privately, before slowing her pace, and picking up her head in an obvious look around. What to do, then, if he was quiet and still like that? She supposed she'd have to take matters into her own hooves.

"It's okay–" she called out– "I'm not a crocodile. Besides, you'd have to fall down some cliffs to the east before you found any of those."  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:12 pm
That’s..she’s...telling jokes? He stared at her a moment stunned really. She was he realized, and there was something of a laugh from him as he accepted she was joking and trying to put him at ease. She’s the prettiest doe I’ve ever seen. Why is she talking to me!? Repeat was of course of no help in this matter, having chosen that moment to not only hop off his back but away in search of who knew what.

“Traitor.” Word grumbled to his friend a moment as he looked back to her and there was finally a response aimed at her. “I-I know you’re not...I mean t-t-to say there’s not...I’m not worried about cr-crocodiles. Not here.” He stammered his response out shyly, ducking his head slightly in embarrassment. He wasn’t used to talking to others and he felt out of practice.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:12 pm
Well, there he was, laughing and even talking to her in response. All was not lost! "I'm a little surprised that a big strong buck like you would be worried about them at all," she gently ribbed.

"I'm Echo... and you're about thirty paces northeast from a sharp drop into mangrove brack, fair warning."  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:21 pm
“I-I’m what?” He frowned and came a few paces forward not wanting to fall into anything, or off of anywhere for that matter. “Echo.” he repeated her name to himself a moment, though her words, calling him a big strong buck made him blink in utter surprise and he gave a little laugh. He felt anything but big and strong.

“Thanks for t-the warning. I’m Flawed.”  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:45 am
"Well, aren't we all? He wasn't turning away– though that stutter made her worry that she was coming off too enthusiastically. Her voice softened as she continued. "Yeah– the ground rises here, but it's actually going out to a sea inlet– and there's mangroves before that. There's a pretty stark little drop close to here," the doe confirmed.

"If you tell me where your destination is, I can probably lead you through here," she offered, then paused. "Though... we might want to wait until morning unless somebody's waiting on you."  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:16 am
“Oh. Thank you.” He gave a slight smile, looking around some. “No one expecting me. Not trying to get anywhere either really. I’m just passing through.” He looked down at a rustle at his hoof and he lowered himself a moment, his foxbun friend up on his back again and he stood again.

He stared at her a moment, trying to work a thought loose and finally there was a quiet. “If...if you could show me somewhere I can settle for the night? Though right here seems fine….” He looked around a moment looking ready to indeed settle down right there.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:55 pm
The doe gave a curt nod, and moved to trot around him, beginning to lead him off in the rough direction he'd been heading. "I've got just the place, if you'd like to follow me?" she offered him.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 pm
He nodded and shifted his weight slightly making sure not to drop Repeat. “O-of course.” He trotted along a step behind her once again marveling at how pretty she was and still more than a little amazed she was talking to him. It’s dark enough she can’t see the scars. That’s why. In the light… he didn’t have high hopes for a good reaction.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:14 pm
The doe was happy to trot along, leading him down the easiest path to the warren. "I hope you don't have any objections to swimming–" she offered– "because the place I stay has a water entrance." It wasn't as if she could lead him into the caves– the dragons would make his poor, startlesome heart give out, if he could even stand the noise– and she knew that she couldn't stand it.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Lirilei

Breedables Degenerate

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:24 pm
He followed along easily enough since she knew the area and the way and he himself did not. The question was a surprising one but he gave her a lopsided sort of grin and shook his head. “N-no. No problems with swimming. Repeat might be a little annoyed, but can deal.” and his companion would he knew. Even if his head was perched on for awhile, he didn’t mind. As they walked, he stumbled slightly over something he couldn’t quite make out. Exposed root, slight rock, either way it caused him to lightly bump into her and earned a “Ahh..s-sorry about that!” as he got his footing stable once more.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff