[PRP] Hide and Seek Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 am
Tonight was turning out to be a little more interesting than he had initially planned on; it had started as a nice game of cards but now here he was sprinting down unfamiliar streets to escape his new friends. Considering they had cheated first they had turned out to be really very touchy about him cheating, perhaps they were just jealous that he had cheated better than they? And also that he had swiped the money and run when they had started to get a little aggressive, that could be it too.

Zevran grinned to himself as he skidded around a corner into an alley and his expression didn't change when it turned out to be a dead end, the wall at the end was not really all that high. A jump to the top of a dumpster, from there a leap into empty air, land on the rail of a fire escape, vault to the top of the wall, and then drop down to the street the other side. Zevran rolled as he landed and came to his feet panting and still grinning wildly, the grin only got broader as he heard cursing from the street he'd just been in.

"You said he came down here!"

"He did, I saw him!"

"Dumb ********, he'll get away now, come on let's move!"

The sound of running footsteps the other side of the wall soon faded and the tattooed man turned away with a satisfied nod and an affectionate scratch for the wide-eyed Caterpie hanging onto the front of his shirt. "Well that was quite interesting, eh Amigo?"

The small bug type trilled and clambered back up onto his preferred perch on his friend's shoulders. <>

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:42 pm
A man who, when he could, spent his time observing the ongoings of the city of Camphoreon happened to be present to witness Zevran's escape. Said man enjoyed being high up where he could see more happening and had thus chosen a building rooftop to make his perch. The runner hadn't been the person Izaya had hoped to find, but they still caught his interest. He decided to go and meet this man to see what the chase had been all about.

Instead of heading down the stairs, the informant attempted to get back into practice of his parkour by sliding down a drain pipe a little as if it were a firefighter's pole. From there he pushed off and leaped onto a window sill on the building opposite, still descending, and jumped onto the closed lid of a dumpster. Sliding off its slope, he landed with bent knees in the alley nearest to the stranger with the Caterpie.

Izaya was not familiar with the species of pokemon on the man's shirt, but it very much looked like a bug and the fact that he could understand it only confirmed that assumption. He raised a brow at it as he slowly approached both the bug-type and its trainer.

"Do you often go free-running with a pokemon on your shirt?" he asked the man amicably with a casual smile, his hands in his pockets.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:14 pm
If you wanted to live a long life it was wise to pay attention to sudden movement caught out of the corner of your eye.

He turned quickly, hand dropping to his thigh in search of a holster that wasn't there as he focused on-

An unarmed figure or at least one not currently brandishing a weapon - he relaxed again at that observation - dropping from a windowsill down to the top of a dumpster with a hollow thud. Humm, interesting.

As the man straightened up and approached him Zevran gave a winning smile and gestured up at the night sky. "Ah, does not everyone in Kodo do so? I thought it was a local custom, and it is a lovely night for it is it not? I see you yourself are quite well versed in the sport, though without the company. Did you enjoy the show? Tell me honestly, marks out of ten?" As he spoke and smiled Zevran studied the stranger; the man was a little taller than he and of a slight build, it was hard to guess at his age in the gloom of the alley but he was not old. Hands in his pockets, he could be reaching for a small weapon but it seemed unlikely; if he wished to attack but had not yet done so then he was a fool indeed. Just an interested observer perhaps, drawn to somebody else athletic in this city of people who spent most of their lives with both feet on the ground? Well time would tell but for now Zevran wasn't worried.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:44 pm
Crimson eyes followed the other man's hand to his thigh, curious about the action. Was he used to having a weapon there? Was he used to using it? Perhaps this fellow was skilled at more than just making a clean getaway.

At the man's question, Izaya laughed aloud. "It is a lovely night for it," he agreed. "But if everyone in Kodo did so, I doubt you would have managed to escape your pursuers so easily. Despite being a free-runner myself, I know that I, personally, prefer not to have something extra weighing me down while I'm fleeing for my life." He beamed. "You're quite bold for allowing yourself to 'have company'. Ten out of ten. Though that does make me have to wonder if you do this sort of thing often. I know I had to learn it out of necessity."

He nodded to the Caterpie. "Also, I have to ask - wouldn't it just have been easier to keep it in a pokeball?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm
"Ah, yes, a pity!" Zevran sighed and gave a regretful shake of his head. "I was just getting warmed up and they fell behind, so sad, I must have been mislead about the nocturnal activities of Camphoreon's residents." Zevran grinned again, a little mischievous this time, and added; "Well some of them at least, others are shared by people all over the world."

Still grinning Zevran turned his head a little to regard the pokemon on his shoulders and reached up to give the bug a scratch; it responded with a little 'chirring' noise and nibbled lightly at his fingers. "And did you hear that Amigo? Full marks!" Whoever this man was he was proving to be entertaining company so far, perhaps he would spend a bit of time with him. Zevran turned his attention back to the red-eyed man and shrugged. "Ah, now I could tell you I did it deliberately merely to prove my skill but I could not possibly lie to a man who gives me full marks. The truth is that his pokeball was at the bottom of my pocket when my absent friends and I started our game of tag, had I stopped to fetch it out they would have caught me and the game would have been over before it begun which would have been no fun at all. As for learning such skills," Zevran shrugged, the very picture of innocence other than his smirk. "You may have noticed I am a little on the short side; what can I say? I like to be high up, and if you go high up then you must be able to get safely down again no? Plus of course it is healthful exercise, and it leads to conversations and encounters which otherwise might not have happened."

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:25 pm
"Ah, I see. That certainly would have made things difficult," he mused at the other man's explanation regarding why he hadn't gotten out his pokeball. "And I share the enjoyment of being high up, so I can see your point there as well. You're very right on all accounts. And speaking of encounters, where are my manners?" He gave a shallow bow at his waist, removing his hands from his pockets to do so. "I go by Chrome. It's been a while since I've met a fellow free-runner." He paused. "Pardon; I mean 'traceur'.

"I've heard certain people get very touchy about using the term 'traceur' interchangeably with 'free-runner', but I find that not all recognize both terms let alone the difference between them. Since you and I both seem to value the practice for its efficiency of getting from one place to another rather than showing off or aesthetics, I believe that identifies us both as traceurs in the practice of parkour." He laughed sheepishly. "Ah, but I digress. You mentioned being misled about Camphoreon's residents...does that mean you're not from around here?" Chrome tilted his head. "Who might have misled you, if I may ask?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 pm
Ahh, a pseudonym! It was not unexpected, people who lurked on rooftops at night often had reason to avoid their true identity from getting around. Zevran grinned, brought his right forearm up across to the left side of his chest and returned the slight bow. "Chrome, a delight to make your acquaintance. My friends call me Zev, you are welcome to do the same if you wish." What had Chrome been doing up there he wondered? Just passing the time? Waiting for somebody?

"And I am not troubled by what people call it, I can't say that we call it much at all back home, but if you feel traceur is the best word then I shall try to remember it!" Words were useful, you could do things with the right words that could not be achieved by any force of arms. "You are correct of course, I am not from around here, indeed I arrived only a couple of weeks ago. I hail from a small island far away to the south, a charmingly self obsessed place named Thedas. As for being mislead," Zevran grinned and shrugged, "I apologise; despite my promise not to lie to a man who gives me full marks I was jesting, not being truthful. If it makes you feel any better however this place is not quite what I expected when I arrived, people are even more obsessed with these creatures than I had thought possible." As he spoke Zevran gestured to the Caterpie on his shoulders. He had to admit of course that the bug was cute and he was already fonder of it than perhaps he ought to be but the way some people treated them! "Clothes!" He elaborated with a laugh; "Clothes, and pokeballs with sparkles all over them, and fanciful fur cuts. It all seems very extreme."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 pm
"Thedas, huh? What an intriguing description you give it. It already sounds like a place I'd love to visit sometime," 'Chrome' chuckled softly. "But please pardon me for not catching on that you were jesting. It's been a while since I've come across someone with a real sense of humor. That in combination with having been on edge lately has made my own sense of humor rather dull, unfortunately."

The Camphoreon native snorted at the mention of people being obsessed with 'these creatures'. "Seriously. I don't understand it. But then does that mean that in Thedas, people aren't as obsessed?" This island was starting to sound better and better by the minute.

Izaya grimaced. "Oh, yes...that sort of obsessed. Well, you know...here in the big city there are a lot of absurdly wealthy people who don't seem to have anything better to spend their money on than absurd things like pampering their pocket monsters." He sighed and shook his head. "So then what might have brought you to such a place, Zev-san?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:18 am
"Is that so? Well then I am glad to have brought a little levity back to your life," Zevran grinned and gave a slight bow to Chrome, again with his arm crossed over his chest.

"Intriguing is one word for it, it is certainly full of intrigue! If you do visit one day you must be sure to go to Antiva City, I haven't found anywhere quite like it in all the rest of the world." He did miss Antiva but he had left for good reason, it would just have to remain a fond memory. "And you would be correct; for the most part people have little to do with pocket monsters, we have few species and pokeballs are not common. The only nation to deal much in pokemon is Ferelden, they are rather obsessed with their hounds and are the only ones able to cultivate apricons. I suppose the two things rather go hand in hand. The food and the weather in Ferelden are terrible anyway though, you can miss it off your itinerary entirely in my opinion."

Zev-san? Was that a mispronunciation? It didn't feel like it; Zev-san not Zevsan, maybe he would ask about that later. "Pampering pocket monsters and making unreasonably large bets in card games?" he agreed and added with a smirk. "Though to be fair they did not expect to lose. As for what brought me here," Zevran gave an expressive shrug, "a change of scene, and I wanted to find out for myself if there was actually any truth to the rumour that people here can understand the speech of pokemon. I didn't really believe they spoke until I arrived but it seems I was mistaken."

The Caterpie on Zevran's shoulders made an amused trilling noise. <>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 am
"Ah, wait a moment," the informant said, thoughtfully tapping his chin. "Antiva City...that sounds a tad bit familiar. That wouldn't happen to be another port city like this, would it? Center of trade? I've never been there, but I think I've come across it before in my research. What makes it so unique to you? The people? Architecture? Culture?"

Pokeballs not being common didn't sound like something Izaya wanted to experience since he himself usually kept most of his own team in their balls, but perhaps if the monsters there were few and not commonly interacted with, there was simply not a large need for them. "Very interesting," he remarked, taking mental notes about these far-off, exotic-sounding places like Ferelden. "And duly noted, thank you. It's not much fun to spend time outdoors or parkour around cities if the weather's bad, is it?"

The black-haired man threw his head back and laughed at the mention of unreasonably large bets. "Who honestly expects to lose with bets? I used to run a gambling ring of sorts back in middle school and one of the sore losers came at me with a knife because he had been stealing money from his father to make his bets and he wanted it back. Such poor sportsmanship for people willingly entering games like gambling."

He paused, suddenly catching Zevran's meaning by 'not expecting to lose'. "Ah...those men chasing you...they had cheated?" Izaya grinned at the other man with a sudden new respect. To cheat a cheater was quite a feat. "One would have hoped they could have simply appreciated being bested by you and accepted their defeat with grace. I suppose that's why there's the saying that there's no honor among thieves, though."

Crimson eyes briefly flickered to the Caterpie when it spoke up. He hesitated upon hearing Zevran's reason, feeling almost as though he were being tested with the irony of it, and wet his lips. Admit to being one of those who heard pokemon voices his head and potentially be considered a possible psycho by this pleasant new acquaintance? Or just keep his mouth shut?

Pft. As if Izaya ever kept his mouth shut when given a proper choice. "Really? How do you figure that? Did you hear them with your own ears?" Maybe he could find out a little more first, though, because this was really amusing.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am
"You've heard of it? Now that does surprise me!" Zevran exclaimed with a laugh. "And I would say all of the above and more besides! The bustle of the docks, the noise markets, the smell of the street food stalls and of the sea, the taste of the wine;" Zevran shrugged, "I could go on but it really has to be experienced to be truly appreciated. Life happens on the street in Antiva, not shut away in buildings as it seems to here. You never lack for something to watch and pass comment on with a friend."

It certainly sounded as though Chrome lived an interesting life and had done so for some time! Interesting to find something in common with a stranger in a strange city, not that he had run a gambling ring but the similarity was there all the same.

Zevran grinned wickedly and made an open gesture with his hands. "They cheated and so I cheated better, it was no more than they deserved!" He had been planning to cheat anyway of course, cheating was practically part of the game so far as he was concerned. "And seen as I seem to find myself in possession of some money would you care to go for a drink somewhere rather than standing around on the street? I am sure there must be some places still open at this hour." While he didn't expect the men he had been playing with to come around here it might not be a bad idea to get off the street and anyway, a drink did rather appeal.

"As for talking pokemon I can't say I've heard any myself," Zevran said, shaking his head slightly for emphasis. "I have seen a lot of people apparently having conversations but Fereldends talks to their hounds all the time, that doesn't say a lot now does it?" he grinned. "No, what persuaded me was some articles I read in the library on tests that were done to confirm the, eh, the phenomena if you will. The evidence seemed quite persuasive to me, though the whole idea still seems very strange."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:32 pm
"Ah, well I work as an informant here in the city so I like to make everything my business. That includes researching other regions on occasion," he explained. "But I haven't left this one, so my knowledge is limited. It sounds like you really love that city. With life happening on the street and an endless number of things to watch, it sounds like my sort of place, too. Observing urban life is a favorite pastime of mine as well as being beneficial to my actual job."

"I couldn't agree more," Izaya answered regarding those men getting what they deserved, amused. "This is a world that's about survival of the fittest, though among us humans, that's probably evolved into survival of the smartest. It seems that little here is considered a crime if you have the brains not to get caught." That was probably why Team Rocket seemed to prevail over Kodo for the most part.

Raising his brows, the man was surprised to find himself being invited out for a drink. "Oh, how gracious of you. I'd be happy to join you, but I'm afraid I don't drink," he said, putting up his palms with a small, apologetic smile. "I could recommend some places nearby, though. Was it just a drink you were interested in, or were you feeling a bit peckish, too?"

"Oh? And what sort of tests were done, if I may ask? I'm sorry to be so nosy but I myself had found it nearly impossible to believe when I first heard of it. It makes me wonder what could so easily convince you after reading a few articles." Of course his resistance to the idea was mostly his own fault, but that didn't change the fact that the concept was difficult for any rational human to accept without proper evidence.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:12 pm
So sceptical! That was interesting, he hadn't met anyone else who doubted it even a little. Zevran gave a slight shrug. "I read several different ones as it happens. In ones a pokemon was read a poem, which it was to recite to a person who claimed to understand the type, who in turn had to write it down. There was another similar to that, a few actually, and one where a pokemon was shown a coloured card and told to tell a human what the colour was and then they were to report back again. The results were most persuasive I must say! And truly, you do not drink anything?" Zevran gave a brief laugh and sauntered a little closer to Chrome. "Are you a pokemon yourself? I can't think of any human able to survive without drinking! Fluids are essential you know."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:50 pm
"I see. Those are certainly convincing stories," Izaya conceded. "So, then...would you believe me if I told you I can understand bug types? Your friend there included." He nodded to the Caterpie.

This time the ex-Rocket caught the joke and snickered. "Oops; I didn't mean to lie. Amending that statement, I don't drink alcohol. Tea is my preference when it comes to beverages. But what did you have in mind?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm
"Well now there's a question!" Zevran beamed. "Would you lie to me, or are we mutually truthful? Humm, on this occasion I think I shall trust you; if you say it's so then yes I believe you."

<> Amigo chirped. <>

Zevran peered down at the bug on his shoulder and then looked back over at Chrome. "So could you tell me what he said just then by any chance? And I didn't really have anything in mind, I am flexible," he smirked, "extremely flexible actually. I am sure we can find somewhere serving tea and perhaps a little to eat, if you would care to join me?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff