User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bleeding Heart woke up very early in the morning to track down the Legendary. In fact, she'd woken up very early several mornings in a row. She'd heard that it was easier to find a Legendary who'd settled with a tribe, but, as it turned it, that was not the case with a tribe that was nomadic. It was just a little hassle. A trifle. She was close to hunting them down.

Bleeding Heart was nothing if not persistent.

She waited at the mouth of the encampment, eyes darting across each Kin as they rose from slumber to go about their day's work. She'd heard the Legendary was bright. She'd heard the Legendary was loud. She'd heard the Legendary was unmissable.

(She'd heard the Legendary was hot pink.)

Then again, it wasn't so long before someone called across the camp: "ROUGEEE – there's another pregnant doe waiting for you."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Legendary was indeed bright and pink and unmissable. Bleeding Heart didn't wait to see if she was also loud – as soon as the mare had trotted up to her, she'd launched into a spontaneous, heartfelt beseeching, an extended plea featuring various keywords such as 'love,' 'faithfulness,' and 'forever.' Her heart beat blood with every word.

Red-Stained Blossom looked the supplicant up and down and said, "You'd best be careful, my dear. Clinginess is not a good look on an Acha."

Bleeding Heart smiled a stiff little smile, "I'm not being clingy. I'm in love."

"There's a difference between love and infatuation."

"What would an old mare like you know about love?!" Bleeding Heart passionately cried.

"I've forgotten more about love than you'll ever learn of it!" Red-stained Blossom snapped.

They stood there glaring at each other, both feeling as if they'd lost in some way – especially Red-stained Blossom, who rather suspected she'd just accidentally acknowledged that she was old...er than this young upstart.

"Alright," Red-stained Blossom finally said, "this is stupid. I'm going to give you a blessing, and you're going to forget your nice Totoma if he forgets you."

Bleeding Heart dearly wanted to retort, but bit her tongue lest the Legendary changed her mind.

"Motherfather," Red-stained Blossom began (no dancing this time), "may this doe's children be happy and healthy and free as they ought. May they know the Swamp's sweet bounty - and learn the sense their mother has not."

Bleeding Heart bowed her head – she couldn't quite bring herself to thank her – and humbly retreated till she was at the edge of the marsh.

"HAG!!" she screamed, and ran away.

It is not necessary (especially in polite company) to record Red-stained Blossom's response. Sometimes, the Rainbow Royal Troupe still talks about this.

END