Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] [B] Need to Feel (Cold Air x Bitter Heartbeat)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At first, Cold Air hadn’t been sure what to think of Willows-Breath. She was unlike any other female he’d ever come across, let alone kin in general. He never saw her in the same place twice, and when their paths did cross during his wanderings, it was never for very long. He found himself deeply interested in her artistry and how she painted such intricate images on stones, and perhaps it was this interest that inevitably bloomed into something more. The next time he saw the mare, it was only to discover that she was expecting.

It was quite the surprise for the aloof buck - not because he regretted their intimate involvement, but rather due to the fact that he had never been particularly attached or anchored to anything emotionally. Now he would become a father and have offspring with his blood running through their veins, and yet…he could still feel nothing from it. This was a problem he sincerely hoped to correct, be it on his own or with the guidance of someone who could help him. And so he journeyed to nowhere in particular, searching for someone who might have had an answer.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a young feeling in his bones as he chuckled at a pair of lion cubs playing in a refreshing stream. Not for the first time, he realized there was something missing from his soul--caiman were not welcome in play and while he was welcome as a stag, a strangeness had begun to well up within him. A middle ground was needed and he knew what... Still, it eluded him. That rightness which would bring both his identities into peace. Ah but today was not time for melancholy thoughts.

It flared up, quite suddenly, the promise of a distraction. That familiar itch below his skin that brought his attention in the direction of a flash of light blue on the other side of the stream's edge. A smile twitched at his toothy mouth and he began to make his way over. There might have been a brief moment where he nudged the lion cubs into the water, chuckling at their soaked appearance as they tried to pounce his tail, but he was allowed. Play was very important in life.

Ahem but he was needed, "You seem to be in need of some help or advice," he called as he came to stand beside the buck. He smiled, kind, "Perhaps I might be of some assistance?"

G a b y

anemosagkelos

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:48 pm
Perhaps it was because he had spent time in Willows-Breath’s company and was used to the energy those of higher power exuded, but either way Cold Air had sensed the presence of another just before he revealed himself. The buck looked at the stag through pale eyes and then, after a moment of careful thought, replied to his query.

I will soon become a father.” There was no need to sugarcoat or beat around the bush, which was why he was so blunt and straightforward. “However, I feel nothing from it. No attachment, no affection.” He was aware how callous and unfeeling he may have sounded, but it was the honest truth. “I do wish health and happiness for them, certainly. As most fathers would. But aside from that, there is little else."

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:09 pm
Usually he found parents who were nervous and needed reassurance. There were times when they were fearful their traits would pass down, others where they just were terrified of how they would be at parenting. This buck was not the sort he had encountered before. And there was something refreshing about it.

"Are you sure?" Bitter Heartbeat asked, head tilting ever so slightly. "Legendaries are still thought by some to be a myth. Even if we were to be so well known there would still be those who did not seek us out. And yet, you did."

Perhaps he cared more than he thought. Either way he found the mere act of need presented a different light than the buck thought it did.

G a b y

anemosagkelos

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Cold Air found unmistakable truth in the words that were spoken to him. He had been seeking help from someone, whether or not it befell a Legendary’s obligation in particular, so he couldn’t argue or protest. Instead, he nodded slightly and took a steadying breath as a foundation to his next sentence.

I have never sought company or emotional reassurance in the way that others have, and I am concerned that I may see my offspring in the same way.” He didn’t want to consider himself as cruel or unwanting of his unborn sons and daughters, but it was difficult to summon emotions he had never once felt before. “Can you help me?” the buck requested. “Even if it is only to hope that they are born strong and capable of living happily?

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 pm
"May I ask, why do you measure your emotions by others?" the question came, brows pulling downward in concern. "If the willow bends easily in the wind's breeze, does that mean so, too, should the oak? The caiman protects its children with all the ferocity of a lion, but you don't see caiman playing like lions. Does that mean its love is less?"

He let the questions hang, watching the buck's face. It seemed to him that Cold Air had spent a long time thinking himself different and yet he measured himself against the same sapling instead of another. There wasn't much reason, he had discovered as he grew, in using others as mirrors of what one's self should be. In fact he had yet to meet a kin where it had gone well.

G a b y

anemosagkelos

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:54 am
This, Cold Air quickly realized, was why he had sought out guidance in the first place. There were elements to the matter in which he had not ultimately considered; they were put into perspective so easily that he almost felt ashamed for not having thought of them himself. It had just made sense to him at the time, how he would feel nothing for his offspring, just as he’d felt nothing most of his life in regards to other kin.

Then I must reevaluate myself,” he said, staring ahead into the Wise One’s glowing eyes. “And change my outlook as well.” He didn’t know what would happen once Willows-Breath gave birth, or how it would affect him (especially now) but, at the very least, he was learning an important lesson.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:21 am
"Love is not only expressed in exuberance and while your concern may be more tepid, it does not negate that you do love," Bitter Heartbeat explained thoughtfully. "Your children will be healthy and strong, who know that they are their own kin and need not measure up to any idea imposed upon them. For you, from this experience, you shall learn much about yourself."

It was more succinct than many of his blessings but in this case he believed that the buck was more in need than his children would be. He smiled reassuringly, he knew how it was to believe you were need in one thing only to learn that you had been wrong the entire time. He'd lived that way for far too long and it was only in realizing the truth that he'd truly grown into the kin he was always meant to be.

G a b y

anemosagkelos

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm
It may have been the blessing itself, or perhaps the soothing aura that carried the stag’s words, but whatever it was Cold Air found his mind more at peace than it had been prior to their meeting. “Thank you,” he said, bowing his head in both respect and gratitude. “You’ve done far more for me than you can imagine.

Not wanting to keep the Legendary any longer than he had, for surely there were others who needed his counsel, Cold Air went on his way. Reassurance rang where doubt had previously festered, soothing the buck’s concern and encouraging him to look forward to what was to come.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games