Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] Immunity (Frost Killing Flower x Sacred Grove)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The swell of her belly was a reminder. Oh she didn't regret growing to know the buck at all. He'd made her forget the fears that bit into her flesh every time she met someone new. A fear that had flashed up, grown up into the canopy, tangled into the swamp trees as soon as she realized what had occurred.

She had been a mother before. The pregnancy itself was nerve-wracking but it was the after that sent agony into her limbs and made her freeze. She was bad luck; the dying, the dead, found her at every turn and she knew it was her fault. The flower bloomed and she was the frost that killed. She shivered; she needed to find a way for her children to be immune.

"I hope this is the right way," she murmured to herself. She'd heard of a kiokote that gave blessings--she couldn't remember from her now, already her mind was splintering into a fog that wanted to nest and build. And yet she couldn't bring herself to. Not with the fear that they would die because of her.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She was waiting. It was a change of pace for the active Kiokote, but she was being sought and the mother was not far. Ascent sat patiently on a knot of roots that kept her above most of the wetness in the area, her tail draped like an auburn waterfall, her pale eyes distant. It was the first time she'd done this since becoming a mother herself.

The dark doe came into sight and drew her attention, a smile immediately forming - though it flickered and faltered slightly at the expression the other wore. "You come with a burden," Ascent exclaimed, her surprise audible in her voice. "Beautiful mother, what can I do to put your mind at ease?"  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:51 am
A startle shot through her body when the voice broke into the silence. The doe looked up, eyes wide, as a gasp stuck in her throat. She began to shuffle, legs lifting ever so slightly before hooves connected with a squelch in the mud. But this is what she'd been looking for, she knew, and so she navigated forward, head bowed as she pretended to watch where her steps were to land.

The mud gave way to a shallow flood of water that eventually dried out. Water sleeted down from the fur of her legs and tail as she moved towards the kiokote. She didn't dare get to close to the beauty, rather she kept a good distance between them.

"I," her voice gave out as her mind took in the Legendary's words. "You're very kind but I am no beauty. I'm cursed. I find too many dead and dying. I fear these children I carry will become like them..." she admitted, tears welling in her eyes as her ears fell back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 pm
"Scars and shattered pieces are a part of us all, and our meaning does not make us any less beautiful," she countered kindly. Pulling herself up to stand, she carefully picked her way down off the roots and towards the darker female, not so interested in the distance as the other was. "I am Ascent, and I can tell you that what you are is a gift."

She paused a short distance from the mother-to-be, not wanting to make her uncomfortable, but watching her with her clear gaze. "My mate is Dark Descent," she started to say, "his body bares bones and he collects the same. My mother despised him, told me every flaw in him - but the MotherFather made him the way They thought was best, and he is perfect." Ascent smiled, her expression warm. "There is beauty in every stage of life, and though the end of it is often awash in questions and fear, there is peace there. An end to one story, a beginning of another. You bear witness to the end, a comfort in that uncertain time. You are the bearer of that story, and that is beautiful."

The Kiokote bowed her head, glowing eyes aware of the mother's swell. "They will not fade before their time, sweet one. The MotherFather would see fit that they may be clearer in your vision, a bundle of life for the endings you have witnessed. An acknowledgment of your suffering, a balm to your fear." She knew this to be true.

"But you have sought me, and I am here to give you whatever peace of mind it is in my power to do so. You need only say it, fair mother, and let life take the course that it will."  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:00 pm
Mouth agape, she watched as Ascent neared her. The mare's words were soothing and yet she felt as though where she spoke of a mate with bones, her ugliness was something worse that lurked inside. And yet it wasn't that she feared death--it was inflicting it on others that scared her.

"I believe you, I do, but what if I--" she swallowed thickly as she felt her heart constrict. "You're certain that I'm not a killer?" she asked instead. It was in her very name, her dream. It was ingrained and that was hard to shake.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 pm
"You're only of the sort if you are willful about it. To me, you seem...at odds, with your nature." Closing the space between them finally, she gingerly touched her nose to the mother's, the flowers on her pelt blooming with the joy of being allowed near. "You are so afraid for your children, I believe you'd do anything and everything within you to see them live."

If she was wrong, the mother only need say, but Ascent was comfortable in her vision of this doe. "Would it put your mind at ease if the blessing of the MotherFather said as much?" She usually liked to let the parents decide, but in this instance, it seemed this beautiful mare needed some guidance.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 pm
Warmth bloomed from where the kiokote touched her. A blush flared underneath the neutral tones of her short fur and she nodded, meekly, as the mare's belief. She wouldn't have let anything hurt the children--neither the ones she was to bear or that she had already bore--even if it was herself. Motherhood would change her routine and inclinations.

"Yes, please," she answered. The hope bled into her fear and strangled it down until a genuine smile flared on her lips. She trusted this mare; she needed only to believe she was worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:49 pm
Ascent smiled, bowing her head in acknowledgment. She took a moment to consider her words, reaching around to her side and gingerly plucking a rose from her pelt. Turning back to the mother, she tucked it gingerly against her ear before speaking, her words weighted. "Your touch will nurture, your presence inspire, your love embolden. Your children will have nothing to fear from you nor your purpose. They will be strong, to carry the weight of your fear, and wise, so they may show you love and your greatness when you doubt yourself."

The Kiokote bowed her head again. "May the MotherFather watch over you and yours, sweet mother. When you believe in yourself, life will flourish."  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:04 pm
"Thank you," the doe replied, for once feeling far more like a flower than frost. And there was something else that while it had visited her in the past had never quite promised to stay. She felt it now though. Hope.

There was a lightness in her bones as she bowed her head toward the Legendary. Before she left though, she paused.

"I hope my children will meet you one day when its their turn to have children. Your beauty and kindness, I don't know if I can describe." With that, she turned, head up and walking confident, reassured. She was not a killer; she was a witness. A kindness in the last moments.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games