[FIN Blessing] A Father's Dilemma [Laurel/Fish Bones]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Laurel had taken several attempts at walking down this path today, at least a dozen, maybe more, and couldn't help but be frustrated with each turnaround he had to make. The calls of his current affair, a doe by the name of While I Sleep, had grown increasingly so since she'd swelled with pregnancy and he was feeling... Frazzled, to say the least. She was constantly uncomfortable, had a ravenous appetite, and was so often inconsolable that he just didn't know what to do with her. He would be so glad once these little ones were out of her and he could relax again.

... But, then again, were her cries of discomfort a sign of problems on the horizon? Had he jeopardized her health and, possibly, her life by causing this to happen? He paused, again, at the crossroads of a path to ponder this, while another distant cry ran out in the background. Hunger, yes, he knew. He was getting to that. If only she would allow him to focus!

"Berries, berries..." He muttered, biting twig after twig off of a bush until he was certain he had enough to satisfy her. However, when he looked to the pile he would have to bring her, the Kiokote could do nothing more than freeze. Could he really do this? Be a father? Would she even survive the birth? He shuddered at the thought of having to deal with the aftermath of that dreadful scenario.

If only there were some way to ensure that things would be alright.

sheepcakes
I hope that this is okay! I wasn't sure how to start this!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:17 am
User Image

Originally Fish Bones had been out to do some gathering for himself, one of his loosely woven baskets almost half full of berries and bird's eggs, when he spots the Kiokote. Curious, Fish Bones watches a bit, and quickly realizes what's happening. So while the frazzled buck goes up and down the path, Fish Bones fills his basket with as much as possible.

Basket full, the stag walks up to the Kiokote, setting his gatherings down. "I thought you could use some help." he says, giving a nod down the path where the doe had called from.

Bouquet of Diamonds

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:19 pm
Laurel, suddenly broken from his frantic thinking, looked to Fish Bones with a shocked expression. Following along with the other buck, he glanced down the path and nodded, before bowing his head to the legendary. He must've looked so strange prancing around like that. How embarrassing...

"Help would be much appreciated, great one." He replied, taking a quick look to the pile of berries he'd made. "... I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about gathering for someone else, espescially a doe as insatiable as her. However, she is the mother of my future children, I should be more apt to her needs..."

He turned his head, ashamed at himself for thinking of While I Sleep as such a problem when, in reality, she was carrying such a great burden. Then, turned back to Fish Bones.

"If it isn't too much trouble, would you bless that sweet doe and our children to come?" He asked, sheepishly. "We've both been worried about the future and the health of our little ones. It would be such a relief to have your assurance, espescially now that she's so far along."

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Fish Bones nods, a knowing and sympathetic smile on his face. Luckily none of the does he'd had children with were a challenge, but having had several grand children, he also knew that particular struggle. "Remeber to take care of yourself too, you can't care for another if you're not well."

He listened to the buck's request, giving a soft grunt. "Never a bother! It is always a joy to share the MotherFather's gifts." he says, his expression softening to that of a friendly grandfather. "My your children be healthy, and as patient as you." Anyone able to keep up with the hollering doe without snapping must have an enormous amount of patience and self control.

The knowing look returning to his eyes, Fish Bones winks and adds. "If you can convince her to take a nap now and then it should help her disposition. And give you time to properly forage, for both of you."

Bouquet of Diamonds

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:55 pm
A look of great relief swept over Laurel's features and, again, he bowed his head. He already felt a great weight lifting from his body at the sound of Fish Bones' voice. What a blessing indeed.

"Thank you, I cannot express just how much this means to me, to us." He replied, taking a deep breath in. "And, for our sakes, I hope they are at the very least easily handled. I remember how much trouble I was for my mother and father, dear as they are. I'm sure I'll love them no matter who they are, though."

He raised his head and took a step to the side, nodding.

"I'll go to her now and makes sure she's comfortable, then I'll return to foraging." He agreed. "But, I'm so very glad I met you here today. You have my gratitude, Great One."

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:41 am

"I imagine we were all a challenge of some sort to our parents." The glint in his eye holds a hint of mischief. "I hope the nap does help, and that you get at least some peace this afternoon." He says, turning and heading back down the path.

Bouquet of Diamonds

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:41 pm
Laurel nodded. Yes, he agreed. Everyone had their rebellious phases and quirks that might've caused trouble for their parents. All that mattered was that you grew up well.

"I hope so too, thank you again." He replied, bowing his head again before taking off down the path to talk to While I Sleep. Hopefully she was feeling agreeable enough to take a nap and they could look forward to the birth of their children together with optimism.

sheepcakes
I think we're good here! Thank you so much for helping me! ; U; <3

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces