Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Changing up the way the Ball is run. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:15 pm
Violet the Maestro
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

Mushyung

Violet the Maestro

This is my suggestion for structure based on what I know of smaller-end organisations. Essentially you don't need a 'boss' for each department/group because everyone is close-knit and able to talk to each other directly over Discord, which eliminates the need for these things.

User Image

Having any more than this in terms of titled roles is over complicating things for no good reason. We also won't need a head artist or anything because the artists won't be collaborating, they'll be working with the room hosts and admins to make art, separate to each other (just pretend there's a line connecting artists to room hosts and room admins, word docs is limited and I don't have that much time on my hands).

Let me know if anything here is unclear and I'll elaborate.

-drools over graphic-

I like it so far, but I've got some confusion.

1. What does the room admin do?

2. Who is contacting Gaia about stuff?

3. Can we just make sure we post stuff in the guild, and not just on Discord? Like even just a summary. Cause sometimes there's a lot of stuff and things get lost, and people's brains (like mine) go into overload and miss stuff.

(-is pleased that their design degree isn't for nothing lol-)

Room admin handles things like prizes, contests, quests, updating plot synopsis, etc, for the room. Basically all of the back-end stuff, so that the room host can focus on orchestrating the co-hosts and the story and all of that. They'll also be the point of contact for each room in regards to artists.

The Main Admin contacts gaia about announcements, blog posts, setting up the forum, etc. All the super back-end stuff.

Ye ofc. I'll be keeping records of everything in the guild as they become confirmed as final. Nothing mentioned in the discord is final, and anything that we cohesively agree on will be turned into a thread or post by the Annual Ball. Basically if you don't see it confirmed by the Annual Ball, it's not set in stone, so don't worry if you feel like you're missing anything in the discord bc you're definitely not.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:17 pm
Spindlen
Sorry, I saw it this morning and voted but didn't have time to really comment because I was getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I can't finish reading atm either because tbh I'm exhausted and barely functional atm, but for the most part I like the proposed set up of the main hosts / admin situation. It seems liek a much better fit than the previous set up.

That's totally okay friend, there's no need to push yourself. At the moment we're just making sure the roles are a bit more even in terms of workload, so if you're planning on being a ball artist (as opposed to roleplaying and all that as well) you won't need to worry just yet. :>

I'm glad to hear you like it though ^^  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 pm
Mishi Tanaka
Violet the Maestro
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

Mushyung

Violet the Maestro

This is my suggestion for structure based on what I know of smaller-end organisations. Essentially you don't need a 'boss' for each department/group because everyone is close-knit and able to talk to each other directly over Discord, which eliminates the need for these things.

User Image

Having any more than this in terms of titled roles is over complicating things for no good reason. We also won't need a head artist or anything because the artists won't be collaborating, they'll be working with the room hosts and admins to make art, separate to each other (just pretend there's a line connecting artists to room hosts and room admins, word docs is limited and I don't have that much time on my hands).

Let me know if anything here is unclear and I'll elaborate.

-drools over graphic-

I like it so far, but I've got some confusion.

1. What does the room admin do?

2. Who is contacting Gaia about stuff?

3. Can we just make sure we post stuff in the guild, and not just on Discord? Like even just a summary. Cause sometimes there's a lot of stuff and things get lost, and people's brains (like mine) go into overload and miss stuff.

A1. The Room Admins co -coordinate with the artists & funds departments on behalf of their room making sure that artists on on track with requested/required art throughout the year for what the room hosts are planning.
A2. Contacting gaia would be a Main Admin function
A3. I'm trying to make sure it all gets over here in some form though I may miss stuff.

troubled-pasta
if I'm wrong on what I wrote about the hierarchy please let us know, this is just the way I understood the flow chart.

Yeah you're pretty much right. I appreciate the eagerness but please be careful to make sure that the things we transfer over from the discord are confirmed by the crew as a whole before posting.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 pm
troubled-pasta

Yeah you're pretty much right. I appreciate the eagerness but please be careful to make sure that the things we transfer over from the discord are confirmed by the crew as a whole before posting.

Rodger that ^_^ just very eager to help and possibly slightly over enthusiastic about making things better.  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:12 pm
Mishi Tanaka
troubled-pasta

Rodger that ^_^ just very eager to help and possibly slightly over enthusiastic about making things better.

Is all good ( uu)b  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm
It's probably already obvious but we should make sure our plot is design to have any number of rooms rather it's just one or up to four.  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 pm
yeah, I personally think that a 1 room for putting general ball information and opening for casual ball guests to talk in (I refer to as room 0). There would be no official RP characters in this room but would be a good place to keep non Rpers informed of events. Might even end up being like an Admin role thread depending on who all's running the ball.
Then I'd do 1 -3 rooms set up for RP/story rooms. The 1st room would be the main focus while the other 2 rooms are counterparts or support rooms to the main story. Though the functions of each room would depend on theme and who all is running the ball as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 pm
TheMainCharacter1
It's probably already obvious but we should make sure our plot is design to have any number of rooms rather it's just one or up to four.

thats why such ambiguous themes are suggested generally, since they're normally the most flexible for any number of rooms  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm
Heyo. Yeah, bring the main host is massively stressful. I would only do it again if I had an entire year of stable income with a lot of free time, and that's not going to happen any time soon. So I'm glad to see this idea being played with. That being said, the RP aspect is one of the best parts about the ball, so not being able to do that would be a bummer. HOWEVER. Having an admin that deals with talking to fundraising/graphics/GAIA ADMINS being separate from the person who runs the rooms is SO important. Having to front both of those things suuuuuucked and I had to put a lot on my Secondary Main.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 pm
PinkieKitty
Heyo. Yeah, bring the main host is massively stressful. I would only do it again if I had an entire year of stable income with a lot of free time, and that's not going to happen any time soon. So I'm glad to see this idea being played with. That being said, the RP aspect is one of the best parts about the ball, so not being able to do that would be a bummer. HOWEVER. Having an admin that deals with talking to fundraising/graphics/GAIA ADMINS being separate from the person who runs the rooms is SO important. Having to front both of those things suuuuuucked and I had to put a lot on my Secondary Main.

Yeah, I know it sucks but tbh it's needed. Trying to reply to constant quoting from other hosts and guests while also updating contests and whatnot is just too much at once for any one person. Plus I know in previous years a lot of the people that applied for the role of main host only did so because they wanted to be in charge of the theme and the story, which is fine, but is much more suited to the new role of Main Host, rather than an admin position.

Fortunately the idea of splitting the roles has been passed so it's going to be a thing now. Hopefully that means it'll be better in years to come.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Now that the vote has been passed on the new guild structure, this thread will be closed.
If you would like to continue discussing AURB related topics, feel free to to so in the Chat Thread.

Thank you all for helping make the AURB a better, less stressful place!

Locked Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff