Reply Roleplaying
[B] The Greatest Joy (Hush x Ascent)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hush is filled with an undercurrent of excited, nervous, transcendent energy. She'd awoken a few days ago to the realization that she is going to be a mother. A mother. Finally, a family of her own. Ever since that day at the gathering with the Mother's Club adoption day the desire for a family of her own, for children, had been a persistent ache in the center of her being. But, now, the Motherfather seems to have answered her wishes.

The joy she feels swells and breaks within her at odd moments, and she catches herself smiling at nothing in particular at times.

And all because she'd had the nerve to talk to a handsome buck she'd run into one day. Or, rather, who'd run into her. One thing had led to another, and it's possible she may very well never see him again -- but he'd managed to give her the greatest gift anyone had ever given her. For that, she will never, ever, forget him.

But even as she practically (and literally, being a Zikwa) glows with her newfound peace and happiness, she can't help but to feel a niggle of worry in her heart. Will she be a good mother? Will she be strong enough, brave enough, when the time comes, to protect them and guide them? After all, it's no secret, even to herself, that she has a rather... quiet nature, compared to many kin.

A fish jumping startles her into nearly falling as she steps over the stream, and she sighs to herself even as her heart continues to hammer for another moment or two. "...Please, Motherfather, give me the strength to be worthy of this gift."

She doesn't usually tend to pray, or ask much from the Swamp, but perhaps now is a good time for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Curious. This one was...familiar.

She remembered some time ago, a beautiful lithe doe who had a similar quality tail - two to the one - as the zikwa, but green. Ascent was certain there was a relation there, but that was not why she was here now.

Her approach was slow, considering, watching her movements and listening. Often, she found what the kin wished out loud when they thought none were listening were more indicative of the heart's desire than the thoughtful wish. Nor that she'd deny a parent what they truly wished, but insight never hurt.

Despite herself, the Kiokote smiled when she indeed heard the Zikwa speak, moving next to the dark doe with soft steps. "You are worthy," she offered delicately. "The MotherFather hears you, mother-to-be. You are not alone."

Owlsomniac
~<3

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:53 pm
The approach of the Kiokote is so carefully measured, her voice soft enough, that it doesn't startle Hush as much as it might otherwise have. Of course, the fright that fish had given her (which was silly, really), had been greater.

She feels a bit of embarrassment, however, at having been overheard, and turns to look at her more fully when she realizes something is a little.... different about her.

You are not alone.

The words shouldn't have been so profound, simple as they were, and yet... Something great and sweeping steals the Zikwa's breath for a few moments even as the hammering of her heart, and the clatter of her anxious nerves, eases. She had always been more sensitive than her siblings, in more ways than one, and she can't help but sniff softly to herself as she lets out a breath.

"...Thank you. I didn't really expect anyone to hear me let alone answer. I was just...." I'm scared, she wants to say, but doesn't. The way her ears slightly draw back against her head might be telling enough, as it is, though. Her words dry up, as tends to happen when she's in the company of strangers -- let alone in the nervous state she seems to have worked herself into.

Chrystali
Hngh you're the best. I love Ascent and she's perfect for this blessing imo c: <3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:12 pm
"I apologize," she remarked lightly, knowing that eavesdropping wasn't exactly a noble pursuit. The gentle sort of manner in which the doe trailed off brought the smile back to Ascent's face, shaking her head subtly. "There's reflections to be had, becoming a mother. There's nothing quite like it in the world, and to prepare is just...a hope the heart makes."

Her own foray into motherhood had been wrought with pitfalls and fear, questions and an awareness of her own short comings. If anyone else went through what she did, alone - Ascent at least had her mate there with her - she could only see them as tremendously brave and bold. The children would be every bit as strong and self-reliant as their mother.

The Kiokote turned her head to withdraw a bloom from her mane, tucking it behind the dark doe's flattened ear. It was a bright spot of soft pink against all the dark and thrums of red, but it was the best way Ascent could promise the best was yet to come. "I am here to alleviate any fears you might have for your children," she said softly, cordially. "I am called Ascent, and if I can share the MotherFather's blessing with you for even a small peace of mind, you need only ask what you need."

Owlsomniac
She loved Sideshow, I'm sure she's gonna love Hush XD

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:16 pm
As the kiokote speaks, Hush's demeanor relaxes more and she even manages a small smile. She can only assume, by the doe's tone, that she speaks from experience. The words ring true, at least, because it's very much what Hush seems to be experiencing now. A hope that things will turn out alright but, of course, like all things in life, one can only deal with matters as they come along.

The gift surprises her, though, and it is incredibly touching. Her ears, at least, curl forward once more. Of course by now she realizes that the doe -- Ascent -- must be one of those rare kin blessed by the Motherfather. She's heard they often have surprising talents and strange powers. Do the roses grow from her mane...? She wants to ask, but is struck silent on the subject by a wave of shyness to ask such a thing, despite the other's obvious patience and kindness.

Instead, she takes a moment before speaking aloud about the one thing she has wanted most in the world for so long, but has rarely spoken to anyone about.

"I am called Hush," she says quietly. Then,

"I... I've always wanted a family of my own. Children, I mean," because of course she does have a family already, even if she doesn't tend to see any of them terribly often. "A part of me has always felt...." she hesitates, risking raising her eyes to Ascent's, despite the fact that direct eye contact usually tends to unsettle her. All she seems to find, however, is calm and patience in the Kiokote's glowing stare, and she continues, after drawing a breath.

"A part of me has always felt... alone," though that wasn't quite right, and she frowns a little before clarifying, "Like something was missing. I didn't realize it until... well, one day I met a group that cared for children in need of parents and I knew it was the thing I was missing."

She's probably never said so much to another kin she'd just met in her life, but something about Ascent makes it easier than with most.

Her tail twitches a littler nervously, though, and she closes her eyes for a moment as the spots along her cheek dim a little, "But now that I have it I find that I am.... afraid."

There. She'd said it.

Tentatively, she opens her gaze again, though her eyes are fixed once more somewhere below Ascent's nose. Her next words are merely a whisper, a puff of wind, "I just want... hope to be strong enough for them. For them to be strong and good and... happy."

Chrystali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:44 am
The Kiokote remained silent, her smile soft - almost tender - as she watched the Zikwa bloom with the subtle unfurling of her petals: opening slightly, revealing the troubled past and the fears of tomorrow. Ascent felt like she was looking into the mirror of a lake's surface, relating to Hush more than she knew how to express.

"I was impulsive and knew everything, once -- or so I believed." A soft chuckle chased her own words. "I knew I wanted children for so long, but for equally as long, I had not understood the temperament necessary to be a good mother. I knew I would not just birth my children and leave; we would be a part of each other, forever more." Her gaze warmed, the glow in her eyes practically phosphorescent. "I see in you, the journey to understand not only what calls you in life, but the courage you possess to look forward and know that there's so much yet to come."

Drawing in a thoughtful breath, she continued. "You are allowed to be afraid, Hush. Your life is going to change; you will know the incomparable joy of being a mother, just as you will know the pride and bittersweet farewells of seeing your children grow with dreams and hopes of their own. You and you alone can give them hope, teach them everything you know to be good and true in your heart. And I can tell you this -- your desire to bring these children into the world, the fear you know to be good enough for them, means you already possess that strength. It's not easy to admit fear. You're already well on your way to being that mother you wish to be."

Ascent paused to catch her own breath, uncertain if she'd ever held such a verbose conversation with those she'd come to bless. Usually, she would share her blessing and be on her way, but sometimes - so rarely - she would get a chance to form a connection, to be there as much as a kind stranger as she was a herald of the MotherFather.

She wanted to comfort Hush, to press her softer colored pelt to the dark, nose her cheek and tell her everything was going to be alright. Not one to impress her own thoughts and whims upon those she was trying to help, she stayed where she was and offered a gentle smile. "I believe, with all my heart, your children will be as you hope." But Ascent's belief was not enough to pass for what she had been summoned for. She spoke again, and when she did, the words held a sort of power, a tangibility that filled their small area.

"Your children will be strong - of heart, of health, of conviction. They will know the path of light and follow it when their days are dark. Happiness will be theirs in hardship and it triumph, shared with others by the joy they hold in their hearts." A pause, and added with the same clarity, "They will want for nothing, they will know strength, courage, and love, because you are their mother, Hush."

The Kiokote bowed her head to the Zikwa then, hoping the blessing was enough to meet the mother-to-be's hope.

Owlsomniac
SORRY FOR THE DELAY, been having hellish time management with life!

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:40 pm
Her dark eyes watch Ascent as she continues to speak, the glow in them burning from the center like shy embers, and as the Kiokote continues, Hush feels as if her words somehow lift her up and make her own fears somehow more manageable. At the same time, she feels her gaze begin to film a little with tears and she blinks, letting them fall, unabashed, for once, at her show of emotion.

It is relief, more than anything, of course, because hearing it from someone else -- especially someone like Ascent who is not only blessed by the Motherfather, but with kindness and goodness as well, makes it that much more believable.

Though neither knows it she, too, wishes to step forward and embrace the other doe, but she feels rooted to the spot, though her limbs feel freer than ever. And although Ascent pauses before her next words fill their small space with power, Hush finds no words to fill that brief silence.

When the words do come, the feeling is almost warm, like home and safety and those things she associates with goodness and lack of stress. Peace, she thinks. That is exactly what Ascent has given her, and she wonders if the other knows just how great this second gift truly is. Somehow she thinks that she must, and yet even as her words stop, the feeling remains like something tangible in her heart. The fear is still there, in the background, because her future is going to change and of course she will worry for her children despite such a blessing, but for now it's enough that it's little more than a low buzz.

"I... I don't know what to say. Thank you," she adds, and it still seems inadequate as she shakes her head a little. "Words have always been difficult for me, but with yours I feel as if you've given me the strength to do this with peace in my heart. I feel as if.... a part of me has always known you. Is that strange?" It feels strange to admit it, but she has to because for once, the words feel as if they're cloying at the back of her throat.

"I have nothing to give you except my gratitude but I.... Perhaps once day, I can return the favor in some way. Do you think we might meet again?" It's not something she asks of others. Hush does not really have friends. There are other kin in the area who she has seen more than a few times and recognizes as her neighbors. One or two she has spoken to on more than one occasion, not counting her own extended family. But this is different. Maybe it's a residual feeling from the blessing, to want to be closer to this doe who has, no doubt, changed her life for the better in such a monumental way, but she hopes it's more than that.

"I'd... like it if we could be friends."

Chrystali
/wibbles ;u; Ascent is so good. I hope they can meet again sometime, maybe even become friends, because I'd love that, and I know Hush would as well (clearly xD ). One of the best RPs I've had in a long while, tbh, so thank you c: <3
This will prob be my last response, though I may squeeze in one last closing one after yours if it feels necessary c:

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games