Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 am
User Image

Ah, but there is always wonder in the world, and this lovely lass has been bound to seeing it since her youth. Her eyes are odd for her family, and she’s always stood out despite her attempts to fit in.....This is a personality contest.

Tell me about her. What you see for her, for her past and future.....And then answer one of the prompts below.

Quote:
1.) You’ve never really had a place of your own. How has that felt for you?

2.) There’s something lurking in the shadows, of this you’re sure. What, you have no idea....just that it’s big and scary, and you’re relatively sure that if you don’t do something, someone will get hurt....What do you do?

[size=11][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Prompt #:[/b]
[b]Response:[/b][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 am
Contest Closes at 11/4/16, 5:00pm CST  

TheWishling
Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

TheWishling
Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:10 pm
Extension to 11/6/2016 at 9pm CST!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:25 pm
Name: Emmalyn
Personality: Curious and playful, Emmalyn was born with a sense of wonder at the world that never faded. This curiosity was not helped by the fact that she always seemed to notice things others did not - shadows darting where nothing moved, whispering voices in the treetops. Even now, she believes there are things about the world that often go overlooked, and wants to find out exactly what they are.
Prompt #: 2
Response: There was a monster watching from the dark. What kind of monster, Emmalyn didn't know - what she did know was that it was there, and if someone didn't do something, it would continue doing... doing scary monster things like - like watching and being frightening and maybe even eat somebody! Huffing, Emmalyn scowled and tensed up, knowing that what she was about to do was going to be dangerous, and posisbly even deadly. But she couldn't, simply couldn't stay where she was and risk harm coming to somebody else!

She could do this. She could. She wasn't the bravest, or the strongest, or even the smartest of her kind. But she was here, and sometimes, that was the only deciding factor. Folding her ears back, Emmalyn waited. So far, the big Thing in the Shadows wasn't moving, which meant there was time for her to do something, as long as she acted quickly.

A soft growl escaped her as her fury welled within - how dare the Thing in the Shadows mock her this way, by lurking there and threatening everything she held dear! She was going to make it pay for being so cruel, so mean, so - so monster-y! Her tails swished behind her in a mad frenzy as Emmalyn drew herself up, crept forward.... and pounced.

The fight was furious - fur and feathers flew, but in the end, Emmalyn stood triumphant, her foe, defeated at her paws ... its feather-filled interior spread out all across the room. Yes, she stood victorious! Over the Thing in the Shadows.... a perfectly innocuous feather pillow.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Mythi Red Panda

Crew

Star-Crossed Muse

14,025 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:20 pm
Name: Anila Soma
Personality: A gentle spirit, one fueled by the spirit of Wanderlust itself! She's embraced her wandering spirited self when she was able to walk, often wandering off and having her parents nab her before she was thrown into bad situations and the sorts -- but that never stopped her. She never really feared the unknown, but embraced it. ... Which unfortunately signified some oddness in her. At least... according to her parents and extended family. Anila has never ever seen herself as anything odd or weird. She always thought that she was perfect, amazing, incredible! All those good words that signify someone that does truly love themselves -- which is what she did!

Even without the spirit itself residing within her (figuratively? literally? who knows!) she's always been picked on for the fact that her eyes are so absolutely bright compared to her family, but that doesn't really keep her down. It bothered her slightly, but only more-so when she grew older. When she was old enough, she decided to disembark from her parents to take her own journey, despite their protests, her parents knew that she had to take this journey and allowed her to do so.

Out on the road itself, she felt more alive, more free... happy to go from area to area, moving about and seeing the different kitsus in their different environments... some friendly, some not-so friendly -- but an experience well received in her head! The spirit within her never dies, which fuels her to keep on moving forward!
Prompt #: Both 1 and 2 (1 will be answered in first person, 2nd will be answered in 3rd!)
Response: 1) "This is... a pretty loaded question, honestly. At this point of my life I've come to accept that I will never have a real... stable one singular location in which that I can call my home -- but that doesn't necessarily deter from the actual definition of a home! Homes aren't just those singular stationary places, I find my home in the places that I get to visit and the friends and memories I've made along the way. These keep my heart a flutter and keep me moving forward to find more and more memories and friends to fill my book of life -- so to speak of course! ... Seemed to have rambled a bit, my bad! I'm just super compassionate about all of this sorts'a stuff! My biological family never figured that out from me... but I'm so glad to have figured it out myself! ... 'Least I feel like they never did. They did think that I was able to go out on my own, but I think that they figured I'd be back super fast... but these legs keep on moving, these wings keep on flapping... and this heart keeps on beating! And until it stops, well... I don't stop!"

2) "C'mon Anila... you can do this. You're the only one that can do this," the female exhaled as she spoke, trying to prep herself to take on this new challenge. She's been through all type's of ups, downs, challenges and the sorts -- but nothing that really involved another kitsu possibly becoming harmed! Her eyes darted from the shadows, seeing the figure move slightly, almost rumbling? Possibly? Or maybe that's just the light flickering to make it seem scarier... She wasn't honestly aware, all that she knew is that it was big and scary -- and it needed to be taken care of!!! Flapping her wings ominously and to try to kick up some dust, she pumped herself up for this. She was ready. She was ready.

She can do this. "Alright shadow...ly thing! I don't wanna hurt you, buuut... but... you're too big, and too terrifying to keep all close to these friends of mine! Sooo... so... you gotta go!" She barked, trying to startle the shaded figure. N...Nothing. It still 'rumbled', and she might have seen a flash or a glint of some eyes? Or... or maybe they were teeth!? Oh geeze... "I--I warned you!" She didn't want to do this, buuut... the shaded figure was making it difficult for her! She stood tall suddenly, breathing in one last time... before she charged forward, yelling as loudly as she could to try to scare it now! "I GAVE YOU A CHANCE AND YOU DIDN'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY NOW I GOTTA DO THIIIIISSSS I'M SORRY BUT I TRIED TO REASON WITH YOU AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAAAAAAAAAY!!!!"

Oh boy...!!! Hopefully the female can scare it off now!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 am
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVED THESE BOTH SO MUCH. WHY'D YOU GOTTA MAKE IT SO HARD? But thanks to some unbiased help, I'm gonna end up going with Red!

Redbud-Tree

TheWishling
Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:43 am
Omgosh! Thank you for making such a pretty baby, Wish. I'll take good care of her. ;w;  
Games and Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games