• I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 am
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆
⊹⊱⋛⋋ Keaton Dandelion ☬ Botany/Herbology teacher
Race: Lalafell
Outfit: Simple work clothes that are comfortable yet protect from thorns.
Health: Great
With: Kana
Where: Botany Class ⋌⋚⊰⊹

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Keaton nodded as he smiled. When he heard the other's question he was delighted to find out his student was eager to learn. "At first you can just sow the seed close on each other. Just make sure they are half an inch deep in soil. Once the plant starts to germinate you can start cutting plants to give them enough room to grow. The preferred distance is hmmm" the teacher said as he thought to himself and about all he knew of plants to pick out the right information. "Ah yes, 8 to 12 inches apart." he said and smiled. "I know about all plants and sometimes I have to remember the correct information." he explained and chuckled. "When it comes to watering them, once the plant grows, it will need adequate moisture. But since it needs dry periods as well, the best is to use one of the drip hoses." he explained and pointed to the installation on the patch he showed Kana. "You managed to pick quite an easy seed when it comes to watering. Just make sure to check on them in particularly hot days." he advised and then waited if the other had more questions.

In-depth Profile: Keaton Dandelion

Genkawolf

-

[color=#00e600]""[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 pm
User Image

Kana tries out with one seed in digging a hole that is approximately half an inch deep then places the seed in it. He prepares more holes after hears the distance between them once he knows how many seeds he has so he doesn't have to make more holes than needed. "Sounds like a lot to keep up" he thought. Looked over to the installation that the teacher pointed to then resumed planting while listening to the other male."Would it need any physical maintenance once it start growing above ground?" he asked the teacher.
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 am
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

The teacher watched how the boy placed the seeds. Keaton was quiet and just observed on a comfortable distance so he wasn't on top of the other but close enough to hear questions when they came around. Or just idle talk, this was something the man also liked to hear! It looked like Kana took in information easily as he worked the patch and a satisfied smile played over the Lalafell's lips. It was really nice to start with a student that learned quickly. When a question came, Keaton was quick to answer his eager pupil. "Oh not much really. Just make sure you keep the patch free of weeds between the caraway once they have sprouted. As these weeds might drain the water from your plants. Other than that, thanks to that drip hose, all you need to do is check if the soil isn't dry when it is particularly warm. Since you will be growing your herbs here for class, I will make sure you have a card to show you have free access to these gardens to take care of your choice." he replied. To avoid hooligans or students that didn't follow this class causing trouble at the patches, Keaton had made sure to place the area with the student patches under controlled access. The gardens could be visited by everyone, but starting today, these patches here were off limits unless you were following the class.

Genkawolf

-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:27 pm
User Image

Kana went at a steady pace in planting the seeds in the holes in made. He is confident he can tell the difference the plants and the weeds. "Where would the weeds be disposed at?" he asked the teacher. "Access restriction? That makes sense" he commented. Rubbed his dirt covered hands together after he was finished planting. "How tall do the caraways tend to grow?" he asked looked to Keaton.
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 am
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

"The weeds can be disposed in the big stone box right there." he replied as he pointed at the composer. "Over time they are turned into compost for the very plants they threatened to help them grow." he explained and smiled happily. The teacher watched a bit longer as Kana worked but soon saw it was going very well and he wasn't needed anymore when it came to planting. To give the boy some room, he walked to one of the already growing patches and checked the herbs in it to see if they needed water. As he waited for the other to be done he watered a few while making sure he could hear Kana when he asked more. When that question came, the Lalafell had just finished watering and was putting the hose back on it's reel as he looked over at his student. "In their first season they only grow up to 8 inches long. Making them able to be harvested the year after. Naturally that is to long for this year's test, but a little bit of plant magic makes sure they skip their first year growth bit by bit, making them able to be harvested before the test is set. But that doesn't really answer your question does it? I apologize." he said and chuckled a bit before he added the rest. "A mature Caraway grows up to 30 inches long." he answered the initial question.

Genkawolf

-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 pm
User Image

"Basically giving them a new purpose" said Kana with a nod of his head to the explanation and looks over to the composer. "Well, least you answered the question I was going to ask eventually" he replied to all the information. He thought thirty inches sounded very tall. "Probably should have asked this sooner, but what Caraway used for?" he asked him.
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 pm
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

Keaton nodded at Kana's words. "Exactly, Kana. They are given a new purpose." he confirmed. The male smiled when the latter question came. "Caraway is a plant you can use all parts of. For example it is used in desserts and liquor, casseroles and other food products. It can be used as spice, or to add flavor to food like cheese. The roots can be cooked like other similar vegetables, whereas the leaves can be used as herbs, either dried, cooked or even raw. But you can also make oil from the seeds which you can use for treating injured or inflamed skin." the Lalafell teacher explained. "If you want to try and make the oil, perhaps have a chat with the chap at the hot springs. I hear he makes his own products that they use there."

Genkawolf

-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm
User Image

"Basically, multi-purpose usage" Kana commented after hearing the long list of examples of what Caraway can be used for. He wipes his hands off on the back of his pants and wondered if the man, who loves to cook would accept this plant as a gift of appreciation for the meals later on in the future. "A hot spring? Didn't know there was one nearby which isn't surprising since the only place I been to is this school and where I stay at" he responded. He was thinking his brother would know of this place because he is usually the one with so much free time. "How long is this class expected to be?" he asked him.
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 am
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

The lalafell nodded his head when they spoke of multi purpose and smiled. "Caraway is a wonderful plant." he agreed. When he heard the other about the hot springs he chuckled. "Oh yes! There is one not that far from here in the mountains. The owner is a really calm fellow and the entire establishment just flows out a feeling of peace and calm. I do like visiting there at times." he explained. Before he taught this class starting today he had visited it before. When the other spoke, he smiled and looked at them. "Am I boring you already, Kana?" he joked and chuckled so the other knew he wasn't being serious. "In general the class is an hour, but since you are the first, and the only one for now, student, you are free to leave once you are done." he said. After all it was the first day and he was the only one here at the moment. If he was done, there was no harm in letting them leave earlier than usual. Keaton walked to the nearby table and opened a drawer before taking out one of the passes he had let made and then closed it again and walked to Kana. "Be sure to fill out the information on the pass and to add a portrait, so we can close this one up and you'll have your personal Botany pass to come here whenever you wish." he said and offered it to the boy.

Genkawolf

-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:18 pm
User Image

"I will check the place out over the weekend then" Kana decided. "Nope" he said and chuckled also. He would like to recommended this class, but the only student he personally knows is Kiyoshi and he was more of a paper helper than a tree helper. "Typically first day of class usually are short for just introduction and what the class is going to be about and sometimes even to do a little bit of diving into the subject which we have done. Also have couple of other classes and a curfew to not miss, but scheduling be more stable tomorrow" he explained as he watched Keaton open up a drawer at the nearby table and brought back one of those passes he had mentioned a little earlier to him. He accepted it then went over to his bag and took out a pen. Filled out the information and took out a portrait of himself from his bag, "All done" he said before walking over to the teacher.
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 am
OoC
-

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

❅❅❅❅☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image

"Ah yes. I have to admit my forte is in Botany and herbs, not so much teaching in general. Where I come from people dive in immediately and learn hands on from day one." he explained when Kana spoke of first day classes. The school had appeared rather desperate, as they hired him without needing him to have a certificate to be a teacher. While Kana filled in the paper, Keaton didn't really expect the pass back today. After all mostly people needed to go and make their portrait photo first. The surprise was easily seen on his expression when the other brought the pass back already. "Well then, did you have spare portrait photos then?" he asked and smiled as he accepted the pass and once more walked back to the table. He turned on the plastic machine and once it heated up enough he used it to seal up the pass and once it was cooled off enough to not burn someone's fingers he handed it back to Kana. "Take good care of this pass Kana. The people that help in the gardens will not let you pass to your patch without it." he advised and smiled softly.

Genkawolf

-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 am
User Image

"Wonder if I will be learning what plants to be aware in avoiding on the next class day" thought Kana. "Yeah, I was told to have them ready in case there needed for school id or something like that" he answered and Kiyoshi was the one who told him that. He retrieved his bag while waiting for the pass to be processed through the machine. "I will keep it close" he said as he accepted the pass and placed it in his back pants pocket for the time being. "I will be tomorrow, Keaton" he said then jog off to the stables. [exit]
Kaiten Jiron

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm
User Image

It was the next day and Kana was returning like he said would. He felt like that the forest walk was longer than usual. and figured he really was still tired from yesterday. He took out his pass as he headed for the gardens and thought he looked okay in his picture. He wondered how his Caraway plants were doing this morning.
Kaiten Jiron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 pm
OoC
-

User Image

Keaton was already walking among the gardens, ready to start educating students, if they came to the class. Nonetheless he was humming to himself as he took care of the plants that were in his care and made sure everything was set for the students. It didn't take him long to notice Kana had returned. "Kana! Good to see you again. And so early too. I like your enthusiasm." the lalafell greeted him happily. It was good to see someone else shared his fondness of plants and botany. Aneurin had vanished himself again as he followed the other twin. He meant no malevolence but he was curious to this boy. He already met the black haired one and this one seemed to feel strangely familiar because of it. It seemed odd to follow him through the forest he knew so well already. And once more he was not sure why the other had called the place cursed. It looked the same as it always had. What was different was the place the boy followed Kana to. It was such a huge place and he saw a lot of things he had never seen before. If he hadn't been a spirit already he would surely have been terrified. Keaton waited patiently for the other's answer when he suddenly felt a cold shiver through his body. Aneurin had reappeared himself using the warm energy around them. As soon as he was corporeal again though the cold left and he stood there like any young boy. It was then that Keaton noticed him, slightly surprised to see someone 'that' age at this school. "Well now, what are you doing here? Aren't you a bit young for this school?" the lalafell asked and chuckled. Aneurin pursed his lips a bit before he sighed. These creatures of this world, would they ever learn? "I am just looking around." he replied, not saying he had been following Kana out of curiosity, before he walked till next to Kana.

Genkawolf

-

Keaton:

Aneurin:
[color=#00e6ac]""[/color]

Kaiten Jiron

Romantic Sophomore

8,075 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 am
User Image

"Enthusiasm is my morning caffeine" Kana said jokingly and greeted back. Hadn't really noticed the coldness, but he was startled by the guy he saw earlier showing up. "Kiyoshi talked to him like he knows him. Even so he is still a stranger to me" he thought while his teacher asks him a couple of questions. He wondered why this stranger was standing next him. "I'm nothing like Kiyoshi, just so you know" he said to Aneurin. "No harm in looking around, is there sir?" he asked the teacher.
Kaiten Jiron

Classrooms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces