Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I never thought I would see the day. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Almost wish I hadnt found my computer and memories.
  Sad. This site used to be fun.
  Easy come. Easy go.
View Results

quezaga3

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:34 pm
My two favorite guilds would be dead/dying.

I know I havent been active all 12 years of being on here.

But you guys were always so active the last few times i found this pc hiding in my apartment.
So full of life, maybe its just the holidays. or we have all moved on to better things. I miss rambling and the giveaways.

I dont understand half the icons above the toolbar anymore.

Thanks for letting me rant.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:50 pm
it is sad =/  

canela gatito

Bashful Dreamer

12,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:49 am
I know the feels.

I do miss it being fun and full of life here.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:00 pm
Nostalgia compels me to want to do something about it like I did back when what I like to call "the next generation" of guild members joined (Sleepy included). Thing is, I dunno if it would be enough. I haven't logged on in forever. I don't even know how much of this site has changed since I was here last.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:45 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Nostalgia compels me to want to do something about it like I did back when what I like to call "the next generation" of guild members joined (Sleepy included). Thing is, I dunno if it would be enough. I haven't logged on in forever. I don't even know how much of this site has changed since I was here last.

Goldie! heart I missed you!!! whee

I've been logging on here and there lately. Things still feel the same, but I feel like they feel different because my friends aren't on anymore. ...and I also feel so old being here. v.v

I know we're Facebook friends... and you have messaged me before a year ago and I never responded. sorry! ...but there was something about being on Gaia that made talking easier. In my real skin I feel vulnerable and anxious. I had more of a voice behind my avatar.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:32 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Goldie! heart I missed you!!! whee

I've been logging on here and there lately. Things still feel the same, but I feel like they feel different because my friends aren't on anymore. ...and I also feel so old being here. v.v

I know we're Facebook friends... and you have messaged me before a year ago and I never responded. sorry! ...but there was something about being on Gaia that made talking easier. In my real skin I feel vulnerable and anxious. I had more of a voice behind my avatar.

I've missed you too 3nodding

There is something about Gaia...it's hard to pin down. But I think I understand. It's the reason I made such a big deal about keeping my name and face secret when I first joined the guild. It's the reason I post slightly differently as Goldie than I do as Sinn. Maybe it's just that you can present yourself however you want here.

Or maybe it's because it's so disconnected from the real world. Gaia started as its own little world that we all lived in, not just a site that we talked on. I feel like over time that world became less important outside of occasional holiday storylines. Were you here back when you had to navigate to various parts of the site by using a world map? THAT made the world feel real. I feel like we could use a little more of that...

Not having friends around is definitely a reason I fall out of things. It's sad when people move on. But then again, that's part of why I'm still interested in maybe getting a third generation of guildies. Awesome people exist out there if you just happen to find a way to get to know them. Awesome people like you, Black Dragon, Novii...

So...I dunno. What do you think? Wanna help me have a GDAPW Revival 2.0? xd  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 pm
I've been more active in the last few months than I have been in a long time, but I still don't have internet all of the time. ANYWAYS.

I still miss ya'll, I get all nostalgic about Gaia too and remember being able to sit at home and chat with someone for hours here in the guild. I hope everyone's been doing well. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:16 am
Citrus Novii
I've been more active in the last few months than I have been in a long time, but I still don't have internet all of the time. ANYWAYS.

I still miss ya'll, I get all nostalgic about Gaia too and remember being able to sit at home and chat with someone for hours here in the guild. I hope everyone's been doing well. smile

Listen to that nostalgia. Let it fuel you O_O  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm
Yeah, I miss this guild. I wish it would come back to life, but I myself have been part of it dying. I just don't get on much anymore.

I'm joining a new roleplay, so I'll probably be more active, but for how long...I have no idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 am
Prussian Imperial Guard
Yeah, I miss this guild. I wish it would come back to life, but I myself have been part of it dying. I just don't get on much anymore.

I'm joining a new roleplay, so I'll probably be more active, but for how long...I have no idea.

Well, you know what they say: be the change you wish to see in the world 3nodding

I guess one of the important things to consider is...why do people Gaia nowadays? With the hyperinflation and the sheer overabundance of stuff that gets released every month (along with the apparently absence of TekTek), do people even quest for items and outfits anymore? Like, I took a look and I don't even know where to begin on that front. And without that, what are most people's incentives to Gaia now?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Prussian Imperial Guard

Well, you know what they say: be the change you wish to see in the world 3nodding

I guess one of the important things to consider is...why do people Gaia nowadays? With the hyperinflation and the sheer overabundance of stuff that gets released every month (along with the apparently absence of TekTek), do people even quest for items and outfits anymore? Like, I took a look and I don't even know where to begin on that front. And without that, what are most people's incentives to Gaia now?
A good question. I don't know why I do myself, aside from possibly not wanting to let go of something I've invested so much time in, but even that is waning.
I can see the same thing being true of others, which, along with the hyper inflation and overwhelming amount of items, as you mentioned, would be a compelling case for moving on. But to what? What else offers the same things as Gaia to the gigantic degree that Gaia does?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm
Prussian Imperial Guard
A good question. I don't know why I do myself, aside from possibly not wanting to let go of something I've invested so much time in, but even that is waning.
I can see the same thing being true of others, which, along with the hyper inflation and overwhelming amount of items, as you mentioned, would be a compelling case for moving on. But to what? What else offers the same things as Gaia to the gigantic degree that Gaia does?

The nostalgia is definitely strong, that much I feel certain of. The disappointing part is that I'm not sure that the nostalgia is enough on its own to revitalize things. I realize that useful things serve a function, and if the function of that thing becomes obsolete for the people using it, it gets left behind.

I feel that this is a large part of what's happened here. Gaia isn't the same as it was ten years ago. It doesn't fulfill the same function, and I feel that any attempt to force it to would be misguided. But ultimately, maybe we don't need the same function as we did ten years ago. The part you said about moving on has merit if the thing we moved onto was something that, like Gaia, fulfilled some function for us as a group.

I wish I had answers. Gaia drew us together at one point. For me, I think the site started to lose its charm before the hyperinflation, back when Chance Items first showed up and made keeping track of everything, let alone acquiring everything, nigh impossible. The inflation just added to the existing problem.

Ultimately I miss the fun I had interacting with people who had a common goal as we all tried to help each other reach those goals. But apart from Gaia, what goals do we all have in common?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Prussian Imperial Guard

The nostalgia is definitely strong, that much I feel certain of. The disappointing part is that I'm not sure that the nostalgia is enough on its own to revitalize things. I realize that useful things serve a function, and if the function of that thing becomes obsolete for the people using it, it gets left behind.

I feel that this is a large part of what's happened here. Gaia isn't the same as it was ten years ago. It doesn't fulfill the same function, and I feel that any attempt to force it to would be misguided. But ultimately, maybe we don't need the same function as we did ten years ago. The part you said about moving on has merit if the thing we moved onto was something that, like Gaia, fulfilled some function for us as a group.

I wish I had answers. Gaia drew us together at one point. For me, I think the site started to lose its charm before the hyperinflation, back when Chance Items first showed up and made keeping track of everything, let alone acquiring everything, nigh impossible. The inflation just added to the existing problem.

Ultimately I miss the fun I had interacting with people who had a common goal as we all tried to help each other reach those goals. But apart from Gaia, what goals do we all have in common?

I guess that's the question we'd have to answer as a group in order to really stay connected. I imagine it would have to do with having us all list things that we're really into and finding a common denominator.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 am
Prussian Imperial Guard
I guess that's the question we'd have to answer as a group in order to really stay connected. I imagine it would have to do with having us all list things that we're really into and finding a common denominator.

I see. I suppose such a question may be best presented to the Facebook group since most of the people I'd wish to interact with more regularly are already part of it. I would say I should just try to make the FB group more active, but I ALSO hardly ever use FB anymore ninja

Either way, I guess I still need to think on it a little.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:23 am
Always good to see action, you guys are still my family, and sig still reflects that.

I am still on gaia everyday sweatdrop but yeah once this place stopped getting replies, I kinda stopped checking here too.

Looks like guilds might actually get some updates in the future now that lazner is back. Might be a mini revival, but of course most of us have moved forward into real lives now.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff