[PrP] Subtle as a Bulrush (Diaphanous x Watermelon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Winter was an inconvenient time, Diaphanous had learned. Between the wet and the frost and the inconsistent coats of snow, plants died left and right, leaving scrubby branches and tough roots as the primary source of sustenance for the lazy, chubby buck. Times like this, he wandered slowly, looking around for signs of anything remotely palatable– his usually cheerfully rotund belly was tighter to his body than ever, and if he didn't eat anything soon–

...then he'd just be hungry. Like he had been for a while, now. The buck sighed, picking his head up, and tilting it as he saw a stand of tall, brown stalks. Was that--?

"Cattails!" he exclaimed, galloping forward. Sure, they were far less palatable than they were in the height of summer, but their tubers were starchy and filling! And maybe– just maybe– there would be bugs or even fish in the water nearby. For now, though, he started scrabbling, pulling and kicking dirt out of the way as he unearthed the first cluster of tubers, and carefully began stripping the tough outer skin for the tasty crunch inside.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:00 pm
User Image"Heey! Watch where you're flinging mud!" Watermelon says, coming around the stand of cattails. Well so much for having the entire load to herself. Well, tribe. Oh well, there were plenty to share. "Don't think you'll get them all to yourself either, I need something to take back with me.." Not that she was taking a stab at his chubby form, chubby acha weren't something she'd seen much of, but hey, she had gems sprouting from her butt. So who was she to to make fun? "I got an idea! We could dig them up together and split them. Get the work done even faster and have more for our efforts."  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 pm

The buck stopped abruptly from his attempts as a voice chastised him for his actions. "Oh. Terribly sorry, um." Oh, oh dear! It was a very... very shiny acha doe that he'd splattered. "I don't think I could eat them all even if I wanted," he blurted out, in response to her accusation that he'd be so gluttonous. He shifted, leaning forward to ask if she'd like some of his haul, and– there she was, suggesting they cooperate.

"Why not?" he said. "You've probably got some... cute pets? kids? to provide for, and I'm more than happy to help. Food's better with company, after all." He didn't even think about the charming smile he offered– things like that were as natural as breathing to him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:08 pm

She grins at him, but shakes her head a bit sadly. "No kids, no. Or pets. But the tribe I'm in has lots of pets who don't usually mind sharing a cuddle. Or hunting. Or gardening. And usually there's other's kids cus the family is just so huge! that there's always kids around." she lets out in a rush, the excitement of the tribe washing away any trace of sadnes she'd just had. "Oh yes, always better to eat with company. We have lots of kin in the tribe and there's always lots of food. You should come back with me, we're always happy to have visitors. Or. Uhh.. new members?" she adds, she's not really a recruiter but Snailshell wouldn't mind more acha in the tribe. Even if the green kimeti had never said it, it was easy to tell that acha were special to her, just as much as Snailshell's own family even.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:10 pm

That sadness! That would simply not do, not on Di's watch! "Really? A fetching doe like you, with no kids, or pets?" he asked, starting to root around the larger clumps of roots to expose them. If they were going to be brought back, this would be a great deal quicker and easier– no need to peel them if they'd wind up sitting in some sort of storage for a time!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

"No ones ever asked me to have kids. I don't really know how it all works. I mean, I know how babies are made, just not how to ask someone to help me." she blushes, digging into the muck to have something to do as much as get the job done. "As for pets, the tribe has so many I guess it never really bothered me that none are mine." she starts a neat pile of roots, not being too fussed with them, just wanting an easy way to collect them up when they're done. "Though a sand dog -or three- of my own might be nice." she adds, going back to dig some more.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 pm

"Well, the one you pick out has to be pretty, and you have to like them," the buck said. "At least, if you want them to stick around and help with the kids. They don't really have to be pretty, but I've found that's what most kin tend to look for? Either that or they have to really love someone." It was true, the buck was somewhat vain. "But mostly you just have to decide you like them, and that you think they'd make healthy eggs. Or... sacs, or lambs, I guess!" That was a mirthful giggle.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 pm

"I think you're pretty!" she blurts out, and blushes even more. Looking embarrassed, and maybe a bit hopeful too, she goes back to digging up and stacking cattail roots. Peeking at him now and again to try and judge his reaction, and hoping she didn't just put her hoof in her mouth, so to speak.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Diaphanous, instead of reacting badly, simply laughed. "Thank you! I like to think so," he responded, unconcerned in the least. He continued unearthing the roots, passing them onto her. "And you? You're not pretty."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Her initial reaction is giddiness, she didn't scare him off. Followed closely by confusion. Not pretty? How so? "But you said-" maybe she just didn't hear him right? Cus earlier he had called her fetching. Well ok maybe fetching isn't exactly pretty. With effort she pulls her thoughts to a stop and pays attention to him, waiting for an explanation.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Diaphanous was quick to cut her off and continue his statement. "Pretty's too plain a word for you. You're a vision– I'd love to see the sunset through your crystals," the buck responded, with a cheeky grin. The effect may have been a little dampened by the bulrushes clamped in his mouth, but he was certain she'd get the impression from his body language.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 pm

"I am? Thank you!" she'd never considered herself more than pretty, but if he says so, she's willing to believe it. "Oh then you should really come back with me. We can find a spot to catch the sun." she adds, nodding, then goes back to digging again.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 pm

The buck smiled, moving to put his mouthful into the neat pile she'd made, before noticing a folded-over rush take a clod of dirt, and crumpling. "Oh! Be careful– you want to keep some of the really long ones intact, so we can tie bundles with them," the buck said. "They'll be easier to bring back that way."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 pm

"Oh, good idea! Normally there's a lot more of us looking. But a lot of the tribe is out at the market. Have you been yet?" she takes more care digging, be sure not to break them in her eagerness. Digging up roots wasn't exactly fun, but Diaphanous being here made it fun. Though, when they were done she was not going to enjoy rinsing the muck off, the water was very cold.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Now was the time to start gathering those rushes he'd mentioned. With the doe more mindful, he reared back onto his legs to get a better view... and started to pull the ones he knew would bend most easily, then started alternating between chewing and rubbing at the stalk with his hooves, starting to saw at the leathery material until it began to tear.

"Mmmph-hmm," came the muffled hum, before he responded in full. "I was for a while, but it was noisy and there wasn't as much fancy food as I'd hoped," the buck admitted. "So I moved on, and I've just kind of been wandering. The swamp is so big! I want to see every side, edge, corner, and nook of it before I die. Or, the interesting bits, at least!"

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff