Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kitsusagi - old

Back to Guilds

A guild for the Kitsusagi B/C Shop 

Tags: kitsusagi, roleplay, breeding, customs 

Reply Shop Discussions
"Subspecies" -Keep or make everything just a "species"(DONE)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keep or toss?
Keep them!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Toss 'em
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Don't care!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Kitsusagi Staff
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:48 pm
The "subspecies" label is a bit confusing, we feel...

There has been some talk of doing away with it, and just having all the different Kitsu be their own "species", obviously with different rarity levels.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:11 pm
I always thought of "kitsusagi" as an overall species, with different subspecies or breeds that can breed together. To me that makes sense because in nature one species can't normally breed with another species to produce viable offspring. If we made say Snow and Normal and Nightmare separate species, it would limit what people can do in the shop. So I say keep the "subspecies" (or breeds) as part of the greater/overall "kitsusagi" species.  

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Manda
Vice Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Melomar

Well, with the exception of angelic x nightmare, everything can now breed with everything xD

So we have some species of Kitsu that are just called "species". And for some reason a separate group that is called "subspecies". It seems confusing to me  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:43 pm
Manda
Melomar

Well, with the exception of angelic x nightmare, everything can now breed with everything xD

So we have some species of Kitsu that are just called "species". And for some reason a separate group that is called "subspecies". It seems confusing to me

I did not know that some were called species, and some were called subspecies.
My intent was to call them all subspecies.
Not sure how to resolve the angelic x nightmare thing. Those are complicated and confusing and I have a 40-foot pole for that one.  

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Mythi Red Panda

Crew

Star-Crossed Muse

14,025 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:34 pm
Melomar

To quote the breeding section: " the forces that originally created these species were such polar opposites that their blood will never mix to create offspring between them. " It's just lore that we're not going to change. razz

(re: pure nightmare x pure angelic breedings not being a thing and staying not being a thing )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:36 pm
Thanks, Mythi.

Whatever works best for the shop is A-Ok with me, truly.  

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Kitsusagi Staff
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am
Basically it's just ... all about terminology. Re-reading the lore, it looks like the "subspecies" label was for Kitsu that had originally been normals and were somehow changed to whatever subspecies. For example....
"Once there was a terrible storm that swept across the beaches, leaving the land in ruin and disarray. As the local residents tried to clear out the wreckage, a strange new discovery was made. Lying under the fallen trees and nearly buried in the sand was a shimmering coral, as bright as sunlight. The human that discovered the item then handed it to his companion Kitsusagi, as he continued to help clear out the destroyed shoreline. When he returned, however, he was stunned to find his Kitsusagi swimming in the ocean and transformed, their bodies marked by scales and fins. Thus began the Mer Kitsusagi population."

But really, there's no need for a separation between just being a "species" of Kitsu and being a "subspecies" - no matter how the species was originally created.

So to take away some unnecessary terminology/separation,

The shop decision is to eliminate the term "subspecies" and have every type of Kitsu simply be labeled as a "Species" from here on out.

Thank you everyone for your input!

These changes will be reflected on the front page of the shop asap

Shop Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces