Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Matters of the heart? Complicated business. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:54 pm
Zacharie wiped one hand against his pant leg, shifted the bundle in his arms, then proceeded to wipe his other hand on the opposite pant leg.

Rinse.
Repeat.

He alternated between staring at the floor in front of him and taking furtive glances at the doorway, his heart hammering in his chest. What if Izaya decided not to come? He had phrased his invitation as just that, an invitation. Open to rejection. Or what if Izaya came, laughed in his face, and then left?

He wiped his sweating palms again.

It’d be fine. It’d be fine. If anything he could always leave the present at Izaya’s room...perhaps he should have just done that in the first place so he could avoid this entire situation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:57 pm
A dark-haired man stood silently just outside the doorway, his back against the wall holding the door frame, his eyes closed as he listened to the Rocket shift nervously in the room just beyond. He had been avoiding Zacharie lately; brooding on how best to deal with him. Nothing he had tried so far seemed to have worked, and he couldn't push too hard because he was on a tight leash, so doing so would likely just end up choking him.

At the end of the day, regardless of whatever else they might have been, Zacharie was a Rocket Agent and Izaya was a Rocket experiment, completely at the younger man's mercy. At the very least, he had to treat him with respect. Maybe it would have been more to his benefit to take advantage of the purple-haired agent's fondness of him, but with all that had been on his mind the past few months, he'd had enough of his own emotions to even want to consider manipulating others'.

With a heavy sigh, he finally opened his eyes and bent down to pick up a potted present before knocking lightly to draw Zacharie’s attention. “Hello, Agent Zacharie. To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?” he asked, voice bright as he smiled cheerfully.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 am
Zacharie immediately stood from his seat, the tissue paper wrapped carefully around the bouquet in his arms crinkling. “Izaya!” He smiled brightly, realised he was being eager, frowned, then fidgeted. “A-Ah...hello.”

Once again he was struck with a heavy feeling in the pit of his stomach at the formal greeting, but he tried not to let it show. “I...I don't know as much about you as I would like…” He started slowly, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. “So I wasn't sure what you would like for Christmas...I...I got you these instead.” He thrust the flowers out for the older man to take. “P-Please accept them.” The bouquet consisted of a prettily arranged assortment of white daisies, Forget-me-nots, Hyacinth, Lilacs, Roses, and Sweetpeas of white, pink, and purple.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 am
The only change in Izaya’s features was the rise of his brows at Zacharie’s admission. “Eh? Isn’t your brother an information broker? I wouldn’t have thought it’d be all that difficult for him to find out for you whatever you wanted to know about me. At least if he was an informer ‘worth his salt’, as they say.” Though his voice was light and carried a tone of amusement, his gaze glittered with derision.

Regarding the tissue-wrapped bouquet he was offered, the ex-Rocket’s merciless smile relented. A flicker of remorse briefly flitted across his features at the sight of the pink and white flowers, reminding him sorely of a pokemon he’d recently had to relinquish ownership of.

Naturally, Izaya didn't expect Zacharie to have reminded him of Delic on purpose, but it was biting just the same. It was also very unlikely the young agent would have known that 'Bouquet' was the name given to Aila when she'd been a thief and Izaya had aided her prior to either of them joining Team Rocket.

He frowned, accepting the bouquet while simultaneously pushing a festively-wrapped potted plant into Zacharie's arms. Though the pot itself was wrapped, the poinsettias were quite visible, their broad, mottled leaves splayed for maximum viewing pleasure.

"Of course, Agent. I only ask that you do me the favor of accepting these in return. There are only so many plants I can care for at once, you see."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 am
Zacharie fidgeted, “I've said it before but I'd rather learn about those things myself.” He murmured, his grip on the flowers tightening just a bit at the others obvious derision. “So I didn't bother to ask.”

The Agent startled as the flowers were taken from him and the poinsettias were pushed into his arms. He fumbled to get a secure grip on the pot, his arms curling protectively around it. “O-Oh…” He looked down at the vibrant flowers, expression troubled. “Thank you, Izaya. I appreciate it.” He shifted the weight in his arms so he could run his fingers along the leaves.

He hadn't expected the older man to get him anything...he hadn't even thought that Izaya would show up, but with the dark-haired man here and obviously not really wanting to be here he just felt weighted down. “Uhm...I grew those myself using a new method to make them low maintenance. I figured you wouldn't really want to take care of them and I didn't want it to be a burden…” He dug in his pocket to retrieve a small packet of bluish powder. “If put this in the water they'll live on their own with minimum sunlight and you'll only have to fill the water when it gets low.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 am
“...Right,” Izaya conceded, appearing slightly crestfallen. “Well, there are some things that can only be learned about another by putting oneself in rather difficult situations. As you are an Agent, I thought it might be in your best interests not to risk compromising yourself. But who am I to say what’s best for you?”

He continued smiling merrily until he caught sight of the troubled look on Zacharie’s face as he thanked him. “Do you…?” he murmured almost inaudibly, watching him sidelong. Then, clearing his throat, he added louder, “You surely know about them already, given that they’re so popular this time of year, but I thought it intriguing how poinsettias could pretend to be flowers by merely changing the color of some of their leaves.”

The informant stared at them almost melancholily. “Not that they don’t have their own blooms, but the actual things are so small, they have to deceive others to draw attention to them at all. Even then...I wonder how many ultimately realize what part of it is really a flower and what part is a lie.” He raised his shoulders in a half-hearted shrug. “I guess for all the intents and purposes of us humans, it doesn’t matter.”

Returning his scrutiny to the purple, pink, and white blossoms, he smirked at Zacharie’s explanation regarding the flowers he himself had engineered. “Very clever,” Izaya said, turning the bouquet over in his hand to look this way and that. “I’m sure a great many people could benefit from flowers like these. It’s a shame you can’t sell them and I doubt Team Rocket would be interested in making a profit using such means. Inigo would be delighted, though, I’m sure. Perhaps Faleen and Tambrey, too. Did you show them?” He paused. “Inigo and Tambrey, I mean.”

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:03 am
“I appreciate the consideration.” The Agent said softly, not lifting his gaze from the flowers in his arms. He really did appreciate that Izaya was concerned with his safety but it seemed like everyone around him was deciding this for him. Andre and Izaya...older and experience worn...he didn't want to be babied. Especially not by Izaya.

Finally returning his gaze to the trainee, Zacharie really couldn't help but smile. What? He may feel like s**t on the inside but he could never say no to plant talk; But as he listened he couldn't help but look back down to the plant in question. A look of understanding dawned on his face. “It's just doing what it thinks is best for survival.” He said, gaze softening as he tightened his grip on the pot. “Beneath the exterior it hides behind...a poinsettia is still a poinsettia.” He looked to Izaya then, really looked at him, and smiled. “It matters to me...and other people that take the time to really see what's in front of them.”

He let his gaze drop to the bundle in Izaya’s arm, watching as the older man shifted them about. “I think it'd be nice to distribute them so everyone can enjoy...even those that aren't particularly talented at tending to plants.” Full, healthy gardens at every home, filling parks, flourishing in fields...the thought made him feel warm inside. “But I'm not entirely sure what they would do to the ecosystem if planted, I need to run more tests. I'd like to get some more data before spreading them amongst the populace.” He glanced between the bouquet and the trainee, he thought that the flowers suited Izaya rather well. “But I wanted to share them with you so...I hope you enjoy them.”  
In spite of himself, the ex-Rocket laughed. “You have a long way to go before you can convince anyone you mean what you say,” he told the younger male, shaking his head. “Your words and your non-verbal communication are completely incongruent. Or do you have a different definition of the term ‘appreciate’ than I do?”

The agent’s smile followed by his look of comprehension and his words caused Izaya’s smile to sober. He couldn’t meet Zacharie’s blue-green eyes for longer than an instant. Instead, he pounced on the change of subject.

“‘Even’? I would think the word you’d be looking for was ‘especially’. Aren’t the people who aren’t particularly talented at tending to plants the ones who would benefit the most from these?” He beamed at them. “If only we’d had them in our Biology Club in middle school.” Cocking his head, he asked, “What kind are they? Did you come up with a name for them?”

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Zacharie blinked owlishly, “No, I don't believe we have different definitions.” He cocked his head slightly. “I am appreciative of your concern but…” How should he phrase it? “It's not as if I don't want you to care...or to not think of my well being, but I wish people wouldn't decide what's best for me.” He gave a helpless shrug. “That might not make much sense to you…”

He reached out to run his fingers along the petals of a lily in Izaya's bouquet. “I meant that people who had no interest in tending to gardens could have them with next to no effort. They'd be excellent starting plants for those that don't have the skills for gardening but wish to learn.” He glanced at the dark-haired man and shrugged lightly. “They're lilies, daisies, forget me nots...just flowers that I wanted to give you. I don't think I'd give them another name...perhaps alter their scientific name if I ever decide to distribute them.” He hummed thoughtfully.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:04 am
“Decide what’s best for you?” With the wrapped bouquet on one hand, he spread his arms. “I may give some advice, but that decision is ultimately yours. After all, look where my own decisions got me compared to where yours got you. Who do you think has the better sense of judgement?”

Izaya watched Zacharie stroke a lily’s petals. “So for those who have no interest in gardening as well as those who wish to learn. Heh...how paradoxical.” The older male lightly nodded in acknowledgement of the answer to his question. Then he took a deep breath and clapped both his hands about his bouquet.

“Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness, kindness, and generosity. If that’s all, though, Agent Zacharie, I should probably let you get back to your work and return to my own. I’m sure you’re a great deal busier than I am and I’d hate to take up so much of your personal time, being the lowly experiment I am.” He gave a deep bow at the waist with a magnanimous smile and pivoted on his foot with a flourish, headed toward the door.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:05 am
Zacharie opened his mouth to speak but closed it almost immediately. He wasn’t in the mood to argue over meaning, Izaya would just talk him in circles until both of them were irritated. “Nevermind then.” He murmured with a soft sigh, letting his hand drop before curling his arm back around the pot.

He wished he had something to say to make the other stay...well, make him want to stay. He shifted uncomfortably as the older man bowed, focusing his gaze on the others shoes instead. “Thank you for accepting them.” He watched the other make his way to the door, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips though he tried to keep himself from showing his disappointment at all. “Thank you for the flowers, Izaya. I’ll take good care of them.” He huffed a half-hearted laugh. “Well...that’s a given I guess, but thank you.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:05 am
The older man halted where he was to hear Zacharie’s thanks. “You’re being too grateful for someone of your superiority. If word got out, everyone might consider you a pushover as an agent and step all over you.” Oops. There he was, talking about the Rocket’s supposed well-being again. That tack obviously wasn’t working. He studied the floor as he tried to think.

“...May I ask if you gave anyone else any Christmas gifts, Agent?” he inquired. “Or what the holiday means to you?”

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 am
Zacharie shrugged, “Just because I’m an Agent doesn’t mean I can’t express my gratitude when gratitude is due.” He pointed out, turning to set his plant on a nearby table for further inspection. What kind of dirt was it in, had it been watered recently, should he-

He blinked owlishly and turned to Izaya when it became apparent that the older man wasn’t actually going to leave the room.

“You can ask whatever you want.” He blurted, twisting his fingers together anxiously. “Uhm...I only got presents for Jerome, Andre, Louis, and you.” The Agent turned his gaze to the floor, “I’m sure that Andre put my name on a few gifts to give to our mutual acquaintances but…” He shrugged again. “I only got presents for my...my most important people.” The purple-haired male paused. “Well, I would have gotten Faleen a present as well but I thought I would give her something when we bring her back.”

The boy cocked his slightly as he thought about the others question. “What Christmas means to me…” He repeated slowly, eyebrows furrowed. “I guess it’s a day that I show my appreciation for the people I care about. I suppose I could do that any day I choose but since people put a lot of stock into the holiday…” He huffed a laugh. “I grew up thinking Christmas was an important day to spend with your loved ones so I guess it just stuck.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 am
“There is no gratitude due an experiment,” Izaya replied with his back to Zacharie, his tone devoid of emotion aside from the faintest trace of bitterness. “Treating one like a person and giving them gifts is kind of cruel, don’t you think? Like giving them hope they could be something more when it’s obvious their fate is sealed.”

He sighed and slowly tapped the bouquet of flowers against the palm of his other hand as he pondered what to say. “What kind of loved ones?” he asked after a time.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:15 am
Zacharie flinched, “It...It may be selfish of me but I don't want to treat you poorly. I want to see you smile and be happy…” He dropped his gaze to the floor and anxiously tugged at his hair. “I don't know if...I don't know.” How could someone be happy with that hanging over their head? He didn't know but he wanted Izaya to try.

“...What kind of loved ones?” He struggled to keep the pout from his tone and only sort of succeeded. “The people that I love...what other types of loved ones are there?”  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff