Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Human-Pig Hybrid Created in the Lab—Here Are the Facts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:44 am
By Erin Blakemore

PUBLISHED JANUARY 26, 2017

In a remarkable—if likely controversial—feat, scientists announced today that they have created the first successful human-animal hybrids. The project proves that human cells can be introduced into a non-human organism, survive, and even grow inside a host animal, in this case, pigs.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:04 am
    Sigh ~

• Leviticus 19:19 (NIV)

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Those pictures make me want to puke emotion_puke and cry crying all at once.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:06 am
cristobela
    Sigh ~

• Leviticus 19:19 (NIV)

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Those pictures make me want to puke emotion_puke and cry crying all at once.

It is extremely sad... Not only are they desecrating an image of God (Genesis 1:27) by attempting to redesign a human being at their own whim and will, but they are make a human less by adding something inferior in order to be able to harvest its organs. There is nothing great about that despite what the article writer thinks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:27 pm
Sorry, I only made it through the first three paragraphs. Not only is this sickening, but we're injecting OUR OWN CELLS into PIG FETUSES?

THAT SOUNDS INHUMANE (not to mention completely messed up).  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:15 am
OtakuKat
Sorry, I only made it through the first three paragraphs. Not only is this sickening, but we're injecting OUR OWN CELLS into PIG FETUSES?

I wonder if there is any significance in their choice of animal also...If it is inspired by something else than just a need for organs.

Deuteronomy 14:8
The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:35 pm
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

I wonder if there is any significance in their choice of animal also...If it is inspired by something else than just a need for organs.

Deuteronomy 14:8
The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

It's possible, whether they realize it or not.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces